The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Mirage Viable Solo

Sarkstandantilus

Question

Greetings,

Wanted to get your opinions on Mirage's capabilities in a solo or pug capacity. I've got my Trin P and my Nekros all geared up for group play, but was looking for a frame i might play when no friends are online and I wanted to have a bit of fun. But I also don't want to join a pug and be dying all over the place and no help to the team.

So you guys that play Mirage, can she handle a lot of the content in this game if it's just her? Or am I going to be staring at a revive screen all night? Any input is appreciated. Many thanks for your time.

-Sark

15 answers to this question

Well, the blind effect off detonating her ult goes through all walls, objects, and enemies while also having decent duration.  At max range will cover a 62.5 meter radius. That alone covers most of the difficulty in the game.  

I mean, you put mirage in a room of blinded level 105 corrupted bombards and even with min power strength it still only takes her a couple seconds with an orthos prime to turn them all into chopped meat.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

She can definitely handle solo play. She's squishy, but a mixture of use in her abilities and staying mobile is more than enough to mitigate most damage. 

Her 1st ability helps deal damage, and partially reduces the damage taken to Mirage herself.

Her 2nd ability can be useful to turn the environment against the enemy, which is especially useful in Corpus Tilesets and certain Infested Tilesets. As you might have guessed, this becomes more useful the more enemies there are to be affected by it.

Her 3rd ability both makes her do more damage and take less damage, but this depends on the light level you are currently standing in.

Her 4th ability does damage as well as blinds enemies if activated a second time, which is very useful if you find yourself getting into a tight spot.

Then there is her passive ability, which makes her movement faster. Mirage is pretty much all about doing as much damage as possible while also managing your abilities in order to take as little damage as possible.

Yes she is, she has a blind, 4 active damage dealing decoys, 95% damage reduction or like 400% damage, and she can troll enemies with explosives

Just a note though she isn't a frame you can just autopilot you will have to think

Wrong. Hall of Mirrors have been nerfed (for game performance purposes) to allow only two clones to fire at any given point.

Due to Hall of Mirrors, Mirage works particularly well with AOE weapons like the (Synoid) Simulor, Tonkor, Penta and (personal favourite) Torid.

For speed run missions, a max-range Sleight of Hand will make the run much easier by turning the environmental hazards and traps against the enemies (Arc Traps, Corpus Laser Barriers). Also remember that Mirage has a passive 25% bonus to bullet jump speed and 50% bonus parkour speed.

Edited by Ojimaru

Wrong. Hall of Mirrors have been nerfed (for game performance purposes) to allow only two clones to fire at any given point.

Due to Hall of Mirrors, Mirage works particularly well with AOE weapons like the (Synoid) Simulor, Tonkor, Penta and (personal favourite) Torid.

For speed run missions, a max-range Sleight of Hand will make the run much easier by turning the environmental hazards and traps against the enemies (Arc Traps, Corpus Laser Barriers). Also remember that Mirage has a passive 25% bonus to bullet jump speed and 50% bonus parkour speed.

Not on Xbox so only half wrong(technically 1/3 wrong) and just because it's nerfed doesn't mean it's almost unusable, fact is 2 clones still is 2 more chances to not get hit and 2 more projectiles than 1, still useful and viable for solo play

Not on Xbox so only half wrong(technically 1/3 wrong) and just because it's nerfed doesn't mean it's almost unusable, fact is 2 clones still is 2 more chances to not get hit and 2 more projectiles than 1, still useful and viable for solo play

Regardless they also buffed the two clones that do fire to have increased damage making up for the loss.

Regardless they also buffed the two clones that do fire to have increased damage making up for the loss.

Yep.  Literally a graphics issue only - the math comes out to exactly the same total damage buff.  Only made a difference on the Simulor, and you can get around that by using Split Chamber to still get a stack every time.

Wow, no mention of the Synoid Simulor?  Only thing I have to add is that weapon turns her into death incarnate, AND acts as a battery, making it easier to keep 1 and 3 uptime maxed, while blinding the whole tile if needed, before exploding everything with a simulor stack.

3 is glitchy with the light detection.  If you're going to rely on it for the DR, get familiar with the tiles first, or the game will bathe you in light at the absolute worst possible moment.

She's my go to frame for anything where I don't want to stare at a revive screen or rely on the rest of the party.  And as a bonus, she's definitely the easy mode frame for LoR, and has made learning it a lot easier.  Easy role, and makes fighting irrelevant, so I can focus on, ya know, what I'm actually supposed to be learning how to do XD