The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Vs Nekros

leoxastaroth

Question

Hello guys, I just need a hand in choosing which of these Frames to get next and how to build them, in summary, I'm Mastery Rank 9, My top 3 most used frames (and the ones I enjoy) are Excalibur, Ash Prime and Valkyr in that order and on occasions I also run a vampire leech Trinity Prime for sorties.

Now with the above in mind, I'd also like for you guys to take into consideration the fact I have no Prime-Mods whatsoever and would prefer to have a frame that can still excel and be just as powerful without any primed mods.

Gameplay in terms of 'fun' is super important, and I like both the look of Nezha and Nekros, more specifically Nezha's mobility 'looks' very fun and for Nekros the army of the dead thing looks very fun too.

So as someone who enjoys mainly dealing a lot of damage, has no primed mods and is looking for a really fun but also powerful Frame that can do T4's and etc solo, which one should I go for? I have to admit Frame abilities play a big part in me enjoying a Frame (For example Excalibur's Exalted Blade and Ash Bladestorm are super fun to see/use)

Weapon suggestions for said Frames would be loved too

(Also in closing I know, Nezha and Nekros are not exactly coveted for their damage output but they are honestly the only two other flames I like the look and theme of)

11 answers to this question

Given your conditions, I'd say Nezha would be the better choice. He's far less squishy and has more damage options

That being said, IF you can get your hands on the Shield Of Shadows Augment AND have enough mod capacity in your Nekros to run that AND Power Strength AND Power Duration, Than Nekros' Shadows of the Dead becomes a very useful skill to have. It's just that setting it up, both meta and in-mission, takes a lot of work. Nezha is viable pretty much out-of-the-box

EDIT: Also, as the guy above me mentioned, as Nekros you'll be asked (or expected) to spam Desecrate over and over again and play a loot-monkey. I can't see you enjoying this with what you listed, so to avoid the stigma and expectation (there will likely be backlash if you don't Desecrate, just a matter of how often) making Nezha even better a choice. Which is sad really 'cause Nekros could be AWESOME if the community weren't so focused on him loot-monkeying around

Edited by KiloFoxx

Neks has CC and a hyper armor build with the Shadows aug but most of his damage is going to come from the weapons. It's about the same with Nezha, absolutely great mobility if you know how to wavedash, he's basically a mix between Volt (Speed) and Rhino (Spears is a two stage Stomp and Halo is like Iron Skin), so if you are more into a straightforward playstyle, he's the better choice.

Neks can solo pretty far but he definitely has a lot of management stuff going on like taking enough damage to turn health into energy/vice versa, using Punch during reloads, Desecrating and Terrifying at the right times, having good duration for Shadows.

Nekros:

Shield of Shadows + Despoil pretty much means you can survive for a long time. Pair that with equilibrium and you will not run out of energy or health (to some extent). Bring slash-based weapons for maximum loots (slash melee, tigris). Personally slap in a 10-drain blind rage to make my shadows and desecrates better.

Mods (no forma used, more forma = better modding):

- 10-drain blind rage (dunno rank, too lazy to count)

- rejuvenation (to keep your health topped off when lacking orbs

- 2 from the top equilibrium

- vitality

- shield of shadows

- despoil

- continuity (primed for better duration)

- natural talent (because nekros has slow hands)

Nezha:

Pair with a disarm loki for maximum trolling, since your halo staggers nearby enemies. Can also work well vs infested, to some extent. Personally run a max range and efficiency build. With a trinity, ignore efficiency. You can lockdown a whole room with your ult with my suggested build. Personal preference is melee weapons, to abuse warding halo's effect. Any other weapon is fine IMO.

Mods (no forma used):

- overextended

- stretch

- aura of choice (forgot polarity)

- fleeting expertise (w/o trinity)

- streamline (mandatory)

- intensify (reduce power str drain from overextended)

- rush (not fast enough)

- power drift (if you can get it from the moon)

- natural talent (personal preference)

Edited by p3z1

Problem with Nekros is everyone will expect you to be Lootbot 3000 which isn't very fun.

Any primary weapon suggestions for Nezha? Or should I just keep using my Tonkor?

For normal missions I like to run around with Ignis.  No aiming required and fire everywhere.  :D  Amprex should work nicely with Nezha as well.

Any primary weapon suggestions for Nezha? Or should I just keep using my Tonkor?

Neks gets the most out of slash heavy weapons like Braton P (which is my go-to for him) since it splits bodies to double, sometimes even triple, Desecrate chances. But generally, heavy hitting weapons are best to take care of high threat enemies, although keep the mentality of bringing the "right tool for the job" such as Ignis in mid/high level exterminate.

So I ended up just biting the bullet and hunting down both, I have to admit, I LOVE -love- Nekros, his abilities are so much fun to use, I'm having a bit of trouble building him (I don't want to focus on despoil alone) but otherwise he is really awesome so far, I'm using a Braton Prime on him and an Orthos Prime, anyone have any other weapon suggestions?

You will never be as powerful without primed mods, but you can certainly be fine without them.    Even having them takes a great deal of effort to rank them up.  

nekros  is a fairly vulnerable frame that excels at farming for resources or boss drops (esp like stalker, g3, etc).  His #4 scales to whatever you can kill, making it very potent late game when many frames fail to do much with fixed damage attacks.   All in all, though, he is mostly a farmer frame you are mostly expected to spam desecrate with max range on it more than fight or do much else.

nezha is a good all around frame.  It has 2 distinct aoe attacks, a teleport, a speedup, invincible rhino-like ability,  self heal (challenging to use), a ranged attack, fire hazard, and maybe some more stuff.  Obviously this means using his 4 abilities every which way, which takes some time to learn and apply -- for example you have to burn your thrown attack to teleport, takes practice.