Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simplistic/effective Polarity Idea

(PSN)bhetz

After playing for some time, I am frequently annoyed with having to make a decision about which polarity to commit to for a frame when a critical mod could come out changing my setup or the need to switch auras makes having a polarity a pain.

My idea is simple, if I polarize a slot with a pre-existing polarity, it should take on both polarities.  This way an aura slot could have more polarities and if you love a specific frame but want to different builds for it, you can over polarize the slots to accommodate multiple build types and Config A B C can be more than just what damage type you'll be using.

It's simple, easy to implement, would make DE more money, and would save many players a headache while keeping their favorite frames and prior grinding relevant.

You could always get multiples of your frames and forma them differently. But that's just... Slightly... Way too insane.

Correct, that is currently the solution, to build multiple full frames and fully polarize for that particular frame.  I would argue that is "insane" and completely unrealistic for the majority of players.  Multiple polarities makes adding polarity less daunting and a mistake less costly especially for those who are just getting into it.

I can see the point in this though. Multiple's of the same frame with different polarities sounds a lot like platinum needed for open slots to me. Which also makes me quiver in fear. Taking on the original polarity as well as the new one is good unless you formad an unpolarized slot so mayhaps what Trichouette mentioned. Or, they could release a new type of forma (you know, make it a little more difficult for us so it's not abused) that we would have to farm blueprints for. One that will unlock all polarities on one slot. Or limit the number you can use on one frame. I don't know it seems kind of out of the way for them especially if they could be losing money in any form. But I am 100% on board with this. We will picket!

I can see the point in this though. Multiple's of the same frame with different polarities sounds a lot like platinum needed for open slots to me. Which also makes me quiver in fear. Taking on the original polarity as well as the new one is good unless you formad an unpolarized slot so mayhaps what Trichouette mentioned. Or, they could release a new type of forma (you know, make it a little more difficult for us so it's not abused) that we would have to farm blueprints for. One that will unlock all polarities on one slot. Or limit the number you can use on one frame. I don't know it seems kind of out of the way for them especially if they could be losing money in any form. But I am 100% on board with this. We will picket!

I'd be fine with the idea that Trichouette proposed, I think it involves a little more time and doesn't make as much money but it ultimately gets back at the same place.  For the new type of forma, i've discussed that idea with some friends as well.  I've been thinking a lot lately now that the new Second Dream talent trees have been released what new players are going to do to catch up (or does DE sort of think they've hit their returns on players, not sure).  Maybe a new kind of super forma would help in that regard where people could pay plat to get the new forma and get their frames to where they need to be (as far as polarity) quickly without needing to know the polarities that a certain frame require based on popular builds. So essentially just have all super formas and never worry about polarity/forma again.

I definitely see the value in this for stance mods/ exilus mods/ aura mods. Maybe not for regular slots, but I can't see any harm in allowing this. Just because I want Physique on my immortal Saryn build doesn't mean I don't want Energy Siphon for her spore build.

I'd be fine with the idea that Trichouette proposed, I think it involves a little more time and doesn't make as much money but it ultimately gets back at the same place.  For the new type of forma, i've discussed that idea with some friends as well.  I've been thinking a lot lately now that the new Second Dream talent trees have been released what new players are going to do to catch up (or does DE sort of think they've hit their returns on players, not sure).  Maybe a new kind of super forma would help in that regard where people could pay plat to get the new forma and get their frames to where they need to be (as far as polarity) quickly without needing to know the polarities that a certain frame require based on popular builds. So essentially just have all super formas and never worry about polarity/forma again.

That is interesting, a super forma sounds well worth the platinum. However I'm not 100% on board with the auto polarization based on popular builds considering sometimes I don't build my frames based on popularity, I stick with what I work with best and sometimes it's unusual. However, in the same sense it could auto detect your most used build and forma it based on that. Same concept but without the popular build detection.