The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Vs Loki/prime

SatelliteStrike

Question

So for now I am in the spot where I only have 1 frame slot. Don't know Who to build first. Valkyr looks fun pure melee, buff, imortal, what more could you ask. Don't know how hard it is to use her in team. Is it hard to keep hysteria on permanent? Will you actually kill stuff before someone shoots the target you after? Plus people don't pick her as first choice for some type of missions Loki doesn't seem strong so maybe harder to kill stuff. But he sure has utility. Can loki/prime be used melee too if I like melee? Any opinions Who is better? Loki scares me with his squishyness.

11 answers to this question

Both very diffferent from each other, Valkyr is a tanky frame, insane armor and life regen, very good more for survivals etc.

Loki is the lord of spy, survivals, sabotage etc, cause he can go invisible for a long of time and when you are invisible melee damage is multiplied, i would not choose one over the other cause imo both are good in diff situations, get more plat. :p

Edited by Rippz0r

Both very diffferent from each other, Valkyr is a tanky frame, insane armor and life regen, very good more for survivals etc.

Loki is the lord of spy, survivals, sabotage etc, cause he can go invisible for a long of time and when you are invisible melee damage is multiplied, i would not choose one over the other cause imo both are good in diff situations, get more plat. :p

So in other words, go with Valkyr.

Can't really compare them although both frames are good for melee. 

Loki is arguably the better overall frame though. At least on a team anyway. But only if you went with disarm, which requires Overextended + Fleeting Expertise to maximize, so if you don't have those 2 mods I'd go with Valkyr.

If we ignore your personal preferences and only focus on utility for teamplay, then Loki wins.
Loki is the God of Spy Missions and a very good addition for teams when playing endless missions due to his Disarming ability.

If you play solo a lot, then I'd recommend you to play with Valkyr as she can sustain her Hysteria for an extreme long time when you et all the mods, I currently have a energy drain of only 0,78 Energy per second.

Additionally Valkyr can revive anybody nearly anywhere at any time due to beeing immortal while in Hysteria.

Depending on your habits you should choose. When soloing more Valkyr. When playing a lot in teams Loki.

But don't forget, both need exceedingly rare mods for high efficient builds.

I'd go with Valkyr as she has more offensive capabilities.

Valkyr
Loki [Prime]
Ripline as an easy way of transport
Useless Decoy in high end missions (unless you're keen on spending a base 100 energy to use it in conjunction with Switch Teleport to get around)
Warcry to speed up you and your team's melee speed, and helps on Hysteria as well
Invisibility to basically get ignored as the enemies run past you to get to visible team mates
Paralysis for a small bit of breathing room to do something
Switch Teleport to do that thing which confuses both you and the enemy
Hysteria to reach God mode and do as you please. Extremely good to use when you're running low on health as you can life steal whilst in Hysteria (without channeling).
Radial Disarm to get all enemies into your team mates melee range because let's be honest, you'll be spamming invisibility with what little duration you have with it and they'll be running right past you. I personally don't like it because there is that chance where you get overwhelmed and some condition may keep you from fleeing from them and you get swarmed.

Take your pick.

Get streamline and duration mods and the deed is done, Hysterias energy consumtion gets lowered with better Energy efficiency (no really) and with Duration mods. Keeping Hysteria up isn't that hard when you have some of the basic mods. Nearly impossible to run out of Energy when you get all the mods

Vaklyir is immortal claw fighter. Good for NM missions and sortie survivals. In team good for revives but not much else. 

Loki is invisible supporter, spy, killer and cc-er. Must have for spy missions. Good in almost every other mission. Essential frame. Always get loki first.