Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nerf On The Drop Rate Of Rare Materials Was A Great Idea

SnokyoDrift

Seriously, I'm noticing an average of 1.5 squads per planet during peak hour in my region. It's fantastic! Accomplished its purpose wonderfully.

edit: Holy crap, I was kidding about the magnitude of the relationship between the cause/effect. Don't take this THAT seriously.

Truly this time, if I spend an extra 100-200% time farming a boss solo instead of playing online, does that not reduce the number of people playing online?

Edited by Tryysaeder

That's probably not due to a nerfed drop rate.

The new matchmaking thingy that counts pings plus region is probably the reason for that. Plus the existance of a wide playerbase of solo/private gamers and the new addition of the void maps.

Now you only see squads that are in your region AND in the ping limit (you can modify that in the settings)

Actually this is what happened.

Why cant you find active squads ? :- Some how playing PRIVATE/SOLO/INVITE ONLY (What ever the option is, the player will be playing alone) has higher drop rate of rare mods.

Why ? Because you can just abort and retry much faster if you are alone.

Why is this happening ? Nerf .

What are the consequences ? No more team play. No more Co-Op !

Actually this is what happened.

Why cant you find active squads ? :- Some how playing PRIVATE/SOLO/INVITE ONLY (What ever the option is, the player will be playing alone) has higher drop rate of rare mods.

Why ? Because you can just abort and retry much faster if you are alone.

Why is this happening ? Nerf .

What are the consequences ? No more team play. No more Co-Op !

Pretty good hypothesis lol.

Devs wanted to force people to play more by nerfing the drop rates.

> People do play more. Alone.

Results in this current situation where no one is able to find a game.

Another example of why you see less people online.

Host Migration issues in Endless Defense.

Xini used to always have groups running now you can sit there for minutes during prime time waiting for people to join.

Host bails at waves 5 or 10, three people stay and get #*($%%@ out of all their drops. Happens a lot.

Trust me it sucks to spend 5-15 minutes on a map for NOTHING!!!

I am personally to the point of doing Endless Defense only with friends/clan mates because of all this wasted time.

The only thing this emphasizes is if you get a mod you want to keep bail at next opportunity or risk losing it to the person that clicks leave with 1 second left on timer.

People prefer to play in clans, with friends on private games - on Skype, TeamSpeak instead of risking crappy host, rushers/scavengers if they want to scavenge/rush.. 10K people are playing WF on steam now, and who knows how many more of them are playing without Steam... and biggest community - N America - is probably still asleep/in schools/jobs....

People prefer to play in clans, with friends on private games - on Skype, TeamSpeak instead of risking crappy host, rushers/scavengers if they want to scavenge/rush.. 10K people are playing WF on steam now, and who knows how many more of them are playing without Steam... and biggest community - N America - is probably still asleep/in schools/jobs....

this twice

and again.

Don't ever PUG you won't ever run into issues finding a game with people who aren't tools.  I'm not recruiting, i'm not saying join a big clan either I'm just saying the best way to fix your issue if you are actually interested in co-op play is to start inviting players you like into your friends list and play with them.

tin foil hat paranoia about drop rates isn't gonna help things, personally i'm not having any more or less trouble getting rare drops without without a group since i started.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Pretty good hypothesis lol.

Devs wanted to force people to play more by nerfing the drop rates.

> People do play more. Alone.

Results in this current situation where no one is able to find a game.

They move was obviously bad. I don't know how they didn't predict this. Rushers will always benefit in terms of materials and credits, because they find the most efficient way and be fast about it, while there are other type of players that prefer to brainlessly and slowly wonder around. 

I can farm 4/5 hyenas Solo, while i can only complete 1 Online session in the same way, same time, because there are seriously slow people, as if they were playing with toes and touchpad. 

Sorry my negatively pumped attitude, for me, slow people are the same as finding drivers that drive with 10 km/h while the limit is 50. It obviously pisses people off. 

Seriously, I'm noticing an average of 1.5 squads per planet during peak hour in my region. It's fantastic! Accomplished its purpose wonderfully.

Guys... pay attention.

North America is only part of the world, not all of it.

That being said... I'm seriously of the mind that people have started playing this game a lot more solo and private because of a host of problems with group play; the bigger ones being host migration, super laggy hosts (if you have a bad connection please don't host), boss drops not dropping for an entire group (amazingly annoying if you are hunting mats) and finally, the blue mats despawn pretty fast and most pugs don't flag them.

That and a few frames are severely bugged right now, since Loki's decoy is either bugged or been stealth nerfed hard he's pretty much useless in team play.

Edited by Bakim0n0

They move was obviously bad. I don't know how they didn't predict this. Rushers will always benefit in terms of materials and credits, because they find the most efficient way and be fast about it, while there are other type of players that prefer to brainlessly and slowly wonder around. 

I can farm 4/5 hyenas Solo, while i can only complete 1 Online session in the same way, same time, because there are seriously slow people, as if they were playing with toes and touchpad. 

Sorry my negatively pumped attitude, for me, slow people are the same as finding drivers that drive with 10 km/h while the limit is 50. It obviously &!$$es people off. 

I think they wanted people to do normal missions more often in general without realising that people mass farm the things they need when it suits them. Mass farming does not lend itself to teamplay very well, except when XP and common mats are concerned.

It's the same thing with the Rush culture of this game. There are many enemies that are extremely annoying to fight against, such as anything that can knock you to the ground or stagger you. As soon as there are more competent enemies than you can handle, the solution is to run away. Forward rather than backwards.

There's simply no reward in doing missions normally as it's the least efficient way of getting anything done. This is a core issue with the game and the devs probably don't even realise it.

I think you are just pulling things out of the air.  Also, there are other reasons why others are not playing as much.  Like said above, people might be doing more private matches and solo matches.  For me, Ive been doing solo missions so i can get all resources from all possible lockers.

That's exactly what people have hypothesised. Fewer mats = more solo farming = fewer online games.

edit:

That and a few frames are severely bugged right now, since Loki's decoy is either bugged or been stealth nerfed hard he's pretty much useless in team play.

You're not alone in this. Saryn's molt had the same nerf and now Nyx's Mind Control is better than both of them.

Edited by Tryysaeder

...the bigger ones being host migration, super laggy hosts (if you have a bad connection please don't host)

Two points on that comment

1 - We have no way to say who is hosting or even see who the host is.

2 - The slow person does not need to be the host for this to happen. In co-op the game runs at the speed of the slowest computer/connection. The host can have a high-end gaming system and a T1 line and still lag because someone decided to play WarFrame on a ten year old computer and joined their game. You can be easily test and confirm this with friends/clan mates by setting up a private game with different people on differing computer/ISPs.

Suggestions on how to fix Host Migration?

1 - Add a Blacklist, so people can not be matched up with people they flag.

2 - Add a Deserter Debuff of 5 minutes for people that Abort or disconnect from Online games. People trying farm recipes will finish the missions and people that actually did disconnect, 5 minutes will not penalize much if at all since a major outage will take more than 5 minutes to fix.

edit:

3 - Make it so all people in game have a copy of the item drops so when a Host Migration happens the remaining people do not lose anything.

Edited by Mickey1779

I think they wanted people to do normal missions more often in general without realising that people mass farm the things they need when it suits them. Mass farming does not lend itself to teamplay very well, except when XP and common mats are concerned.

It's the same thing with the Rush culture of this game. There are many enemies that are extremely annoying to fight against, such as anything that can knock you to the ground or stagger you. As soon as there are more competent enemies than you can handle, the solution is to run away. Forward rather than backwards.

There's simply no reward in doing missions normally as it's the least efficient way of getting anything done. This is a core issue with the game and the devs probably don't even realise it.

This I agree with some and disagree with others.

Firstly, rushers do get more credit but not more mats. Opening every locker and breaking every box is the best way to get mats for time spent.

Now, on to the "tough" enemies... while it may be daunting for new players, for more experienced ones they really go down with ease and give the exp of several kills so if anything, while rushing those are the best ones to kill.

Other than that, for credits and exp rushing is the efficient way for most missions short of mobile defense because you can get 20k+ exp per run and tons of mods. For mods and mats rushing is actually highly inefficient.

Edited by Bakim0n0

You're not alone in this. Saryn's molt had the same nerf and now Nyx's Mind Control is better than both of them.

Yes and no. While Molt did get that same nerf/bug Saryn brings a lot more to the table than Loki can ever hope to without a working decoy.

ONE skill for Saryn is truly useless while she enjoys one of the most powerful ubers in the game and two skills that are somewhat useful but maybe not stellar.

Loki has a broke decoy, a swap teleport that wasn't terribly useful in the first place that no longer actually swaps half the time, an uber that is almost completely useless (in fact with several mobs they actually do *more* damage disarmed if they hit you) and even moreso without the disarm + decoy combo.

All Loki has is invis... and while invis is strong it's never going to be as useful to group play as Miasma.

That's the thing people keep forgetting... Loki is currently a stealth and control frame without any control.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Dunno but After u8.

The only thing i do online is Defense. Everything else is either solo or private. Pretty much everybody else are doing this.

How to fix ?

All materials will drop in higher rate. And must have higher amount of materials per drop. This will depend on the number of players in the mission

This I agree with some and disagree with others.

Firstly, rushers do get more credit but not more mats. Opening every locker and breaking every box is the best way to get mats for time spent.

I was mainly referring to the rare materials. A fully equipped player can kill a boss every 2-3 minutes while opening every single locker takes longer and doesn't come close to the boss' drop chance (maybe now it's a lot closer).

Unless you're telling me that CMs and Neurals can be found in relative abundance from lockers, then I'd be very happy.

All materials will drop in higher rate. And must have higher amount of materials per drop. This will depend on the number of players in the mission

This seems like the most logical and effective method of encouraging people to play together. While there are certainly more enemies in multiplayer, their drop rate does not scale and the only cause of increased drop rates is from the increased population.

Edited by Tryysaeder

Agreed. Easiest way to fix this is to remove "extermination" and put is as additional objective in any mission as an additional reward, which would be divided in milestones "10% cleaned - one reward || 50% cleaned - better reward" || 100% cleaned best reward & bonus" 

Cleaning enemies is slower, therefor it will also reduce speed difference between rushers and non-rushers. 

Of course this doesn't change rushing, but i wish this was implemented and tweaked so that rewards become as effective as rushing (reward vs time) so that solo rushing or team destruction unit becomes 2 choices. 

Besides this i would also would want the "Running back after killing boss" thing gone. Just like in Phantasy Star Portable - Killed the boss and extraction is right next to you with reward boxes. 

I think the "nerf" will be fixed soon.

When they get the time I think they said they will revisit the issue of introducing new drops into the same pool of outcomes.

The other comments covered the common issues though. good job!