Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame: The Chameleon

-Ferret-

This Frame comes with the ability to slip into enemy bodies. Let's call it "Face Off". Ever seen the movie? Ever wanted to be an Infensted Disruptor? This skill gives you the opportunity to be one for a while.

It also has a skill to set up tripwires. We all know it: there is a bunch of enemies and you are forced to move backwards. Tripwire works between walls and clomnuns. Tripwire makes enemies fall. Higher levels increase stun.

His third ability is to look like the texture of the wall once hes is close to it. Walk to a wall, cloak an then do a silent kill.

His fourth ability works like glue on his feet and hands. He can do a wallrun and sticks to a ceiling, doing lots of damage when attacking an enemy from above.

Of course we need a new weapon. The Chameleon likes a long tounge. So what's about a new weapon?

I think about the Energy-Whip. I should be able to cut enemies into half or when charged to pull your prey to close combat range. Like Pull from Mag or the skill Scorpion Grineers use.

Well, this is nothing but fantasy. What do you think?

Edited by Raucherkaffee

Short addition!

Once you pulled an enemy out of a mob he should be kicked into the mass again. Like bowling. Doing stun to the rest of the mob. Chameleon should be a close to mid-range-Frame. Something special. The way we love it. ;)

Short addition!

Once you pulled an enemy out of a mob he should be kicked into the mass again. Like bowling. Doing stun to the rest of the mob. Chameleon should be a close to mid-range-Frame. Something special. The way we love it. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand my excitement is gone

Maybe.

His third ability is just a bad version of Invisibility that Loki and Ash already have. The fourth ability might be hard to pull off and cause a few problems.

Perhaps the whip could be a whip and dagger combo, so normal attacks use the dagger, and charge uses the whip. It sorta makes more sense, because you can't always be flinging it around in a crowded hallway.

I like that you're coming up with all these ideas, but you gotta try to be practical too. What can the game handle at the moment without making up completely new mechanics for just one Warframe? Warframes only have 4 abilities, so how are you going to decide between your ideas? (The devs did say they wanted to add more abilities to each Warframe, so you could mix and match.) Most of the time you're in a narrow space, so how would a long, flailing whip work?

These ideas are free to be discussed. There are four skills only I mentioned. The whip should be a primary weapon.

As well there are lots of hallways where you could use the tripwire.

Edited by Raucherkaffee

These ideas are free to be discussed. There are four skills only I mentioned. The whip should be a primary weapon.

As well there are lots of hallways where you could use the tripwire.

Of course, I was just giving a few pointers. I didn't say anything about the tripwire though. I think the first 2 abilities are great.

But the whip, a primary weapon? I can see it as a melee, and perhaps even a secondary, but not primary.

Edited by TheSmash

Just keep the balance in mind. There is no primary short-to-midrange-weapon at this time. A whip was to powerful to be secondary. The whole Chameleon should be a pure close-to-midrange-Frame. Nothing more, nothing less. It would fill the gap for those who love a stealthy approach.

Edited by Raucherkaffee

Just keep the balance in mind. There is no primary short-to-midrange-weapon at this time. A whip was to powerful to be asecondary.

What about the Burston? The Braton? The Grakata? Even the Gorgon might count. The Kunai are arguably the most powerful weapon currently in the game, and they're a secondary. I doubt the whip could be any more powerful.

The lower the rank the better the comments.

You mean founders rank? Cos that just means how much money you're able to throw at your screen. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and if I had the money to get Founders, I would. But I don't. Sad days.

You mean founders rank? Cos that just means how much money you're able to throw at your screen. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and if I had the money to get Founders, I would. But I don't. Sad days.

Back to topic please.

Both are deaggro tools. I'll keep 1 the same. Move his 3 and 4 together and lower his movement speed. (sticky feet/body)  

4 would be a rocket-propelled punch/kick/headbutt to mimic the tongue. Basically a long-line aoe. 

And the whip shouldn't have utility thats what frame-skills are for.