Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perhaps A Way To Make Pvp Good?

AuraKai

So full Disclosure, I only recently got back into Warframe (I mean I've played at least 30 extra hours but yeah) so I obviously haven't kept up with the forums. If I'm putting this topic in the wrong place or this has been discussed previously, perhaps a kind soul may tell me where I should be placing this topic. Thanks. On that note...

I was seeing stuff about Starwars Battlefront and watched the most recent Prime Time and when they were playing PVP, I thought that perhaps some systems should be considered. What if Warframe had a hero system in their PVP. So in the start of the match, you use a regular old person (think the guys from the rescue missions). You are given a basic loadout to use or a pre-set one. After, lets say, you kill 10 guys, you're given your Warframe, with his equipment. THOUGH, all your stuff starts at Unranked. So it's still technically possible to kill you. As you fight with that frame, you start getting your abilities and if you're just that good, by around 30 - 60 guys, you have your full set of skills. Though if you're so unfortunate to die, you become either a unranked Warframe again or a regular old person again (which ever seems more balanced?) With how fast battle can go in PVP, this isn't too hard to kill that many people. In fact, you can balance it by making it, more people in the battle, more people need to die. Less people, less people need to die. So in summery...

-Start as normal person
-Kill people to get Warframe

-Warframe starts as Unranked

-Warframe levels after certain amount of people are killed

-If killed, return back to Unranked or normal person.

Thoughts?

Not lore friendly or ties to what Tenshin teaches the Tenno

I suppose that is true. At most I can say that maybe he'd want you to learn how to be stronger when faced with a weakening of strength or something but that's purely assumption.

The only thing worth to take is  PvP mode (would perfectly fit in solar monorail battles) using both on-foot and archwing battles. We have a huge map with two monorails as HQs for competing teams. The goal is to destroy the monorail of the opposing team. After you exit your monorail and get an archwing, you should reach the opposing HQ and destroy its defence systems first, then enter the monorail. There you have to disable all the force fields preventing you from reaching the room with the monorail core you need to destroy.

Edited by -Ksaero-

I would think of it more of a possible mode than replace the entire PVP structure. I mean PVP seems pretty empty most days so I thought maybe something potentially fun like that might bring some people back into it. That's just me though.

The only thing worth to take is  PvP mode (would perfectly fit in solar monorail battles) using both on-foot and archwing battles. We have a huge map with two monorails as HQs for competing teams. The goal is to destroy the monorail of the opposing team. After you exit your monorail and get an archwing, you should reach the opposing HQ and destroy its defence systems first, then enter the monorail. There you have to disable all the force fields preventing you from reaching the room with the monorail core you need to destroy.

Yeah, that actually seems kinda fun idea.

As much as I respect the PvP mode, there is no way to make improvements to make PvP better tbh.

The Warframe majority rather enjoys the co-op/PvE environment, PvP just exists to suit the minority of people who desires to fight against each other.

I never played PvP myself, so there maybe subjective opinions made. But overall speaking PvP is not popular, the amount of people played reflects the truth.

A similar feature was in the old Solar Rail Battles, which have been scrapped.

You could level up unlocking your skills and mods in sequence in a MOBA fashion.

That wasn't so bad.

Ew, No one becomes balanced together. Just skill at first and whoever kills the most first is bound to win.

MOBA level up system doesn't belong in Warframe. PvP 2.0 is okay