The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidentally Ripping Someone Off - Help.

(PSN)comatose-kitty

Question

I know it seems impossible but i think i accidentally ripped someone off.

Here's what happened:

A guy posts he's offering 20p for "Ugly Chesa imprints". My head somehow interprets "chesa" as "kubrow". So he invites me, i give him 2 random ugly kubrow imprints, he gives me 20p and i leave. Something keeps bothering me and i start thinking how less and less it makes sense that someone would give me 20p for random ugly imprints. So i save the video clip of the last 15 minutes on my PS4 and watch it. Only then do i realize he said "Chesa" not "kubrow",

I spent the next 10 minutes contacting him telling him i messed up and he has to come back so i can give him back his 20p. Finally i get ahold of him and give him the plat back and he gives me back the imprints. He's happy, doesn't seem mad, and even thanks me, calling me an honorable man (not a man but whatever that's not the point).

What i'm wondering is (though it seems highly unlikely), if he reports me will i get in trouble even though i gave back the plat and completely rectified the situation? I understand from anyone else's point of view it looks like i was just trying to get easy plat and that's the primary reason i'm worried. I don't want to get reported and have my account banned because of this situation.

TLDR: Gave guy wrong imprints because i "misread" something (don't know how else to describe it), gave back plat and explained i messed up, still worried i may get in trouble if situation is reported and misinterpreted.

Edited by (PS4)comatose-kitty

11 answers to this question

I don't think so, the fact you gave him back the plat makes it fine imo, and if he does try t support you you made a thread asking about it.

Besides it was a simple newby mistake I don't think you will get more than them saying don't do it again(they are nice people, and will write back if you are polite, as in human responce)

If your super worried send a ticket and ask them yourself

I don't think so, the fact you gave him back the plat makes it fine imo, and if he does try t support you you made a thread asking about it.

Besides it was a simple newby mistake I don't think you will get more than them saying don't do it again(they are nice people, and will write back if you are polite, as in human responce)

If your super worried send a ticket and ask them yourself

Not a newbie though. My mastery rank is 19 and i've got a TON of hours logged in to the game ._. i'm just an idiot.

You rectified your mistake, there are no grounds on which that player can report you.

Even still, he accepted the trade so he could also have checked the items you put in. So it's not completely your mistake.

And since you returned the plat, you should actually be honored for being so honest :)

Once I accepted a wrong arcane because of misreading. When I realised my mistake, I told the seller to trade it back and he accepted it. It could happen with everyone and there are good people out there. Support would understand it.

Edited by Dobermann92

Not a newbie though. My mastery rank is 19 and i've got a TON of hours logged in to the game ._. i'm just an idiot.

For that kind of behavior alone, even if you were Rank 0 and annoying, I'd still be glad to have you in my clan. Well, If i could...PS4/PC issues notwithstanding.