Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duel Wield: Sword And Pistol

seniledark

So, this was a post I put up but got nothing out of it, so here it is, while swords will not be the main topic, this was mainly focused on small single hand melee.

ok, so we all know that some of the weapons are terrible or could use a buff, such as scythes... I gained this idea after looking at a frost p picture of him holding the latron p and reaper p at the same time. So why not this, have some weapons allow the ability to use a certain melee and certain secondary in each hand. Of course this will call for new stances and I know that will take time. Here are a few examples: Reaper p in left hand and a lex p in right. For founders: skana p in left and lato p in right. Broken war in left with vasto in right(Anyway, we could also have it switched with pistol in left and melee in right). The same could go for glaives, so basically, it's a single hand pistol with a single melee in the other. This would also go for daggers(kinda cliche, but oh well). We all know that scythes are not really scythes, but more small war picks. So why not this, tell me your thoughts?

Meh... would rather just have a quick pistol button when using equipped melee.  Semi-autos fire once per button push, bursts shoot their burst, and full autos need to be held.  In order to reload, you either have to have the PvP mod equipped that reloads the pistol while holstered, or swap to the weapon and reload manually.

I've really wanted something like this for awhile.  A >LONG< time back (Before Excalibur got his beamsword) I had an idea for stances for some weapons that would combine something like sword and pistol.  (that isn't worth looking up.)

Given that DE is re-evaluating some of the underused weapons, this is a good time to bring back the idea.

What's odd is that, Dagger and scythe are in a pretty good spot, in comparison to some other melee weapon classes, such as Machette, dual daggers, and whips (at least whips as far as stance goes, the base weapons are kinda alright.)

This's what I want to see out of a melee system upgrade:

+Starting melee equips melee: when I'm in the middle of a fight and starting to melee, I get a few swipes in to get some stagger in, then switch to melee for the stance, which involves putting away my melee weapon, bringing out a ranged weapon, holstering my ranged weapon, bringing out melee.  If, after three attacks with melee, it's just equipped and you have to tap F to bring out ranged again, this would be much smoother.

+The ability to quickdraw a pistol and fire a single round/burst, possibly at the expense of the ability to channel (possibly as part of a stance that incorporates shooting into a melee and gun akimbo)

Edited by Arkinvas