Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Oracle Warframe, Sibyl; The Fortuneteller, DIvination

FoxFX

1 hour ago, LunarEdge7 said:

How about including some details I added in Doomed Fate, but with the timer before the comet/shard to start descending being painfully long? Like 9/6/4.5/3 (rank of ability) minutes, but make the timer show up on an enemy's head, and on your ability icon. Ability needs you to select an enemy, otherwise the comet/shard will only hit a random enemy, or even not do anything/hit nothing when the timer is up.

The percentage you charge up won't change the time before the comet/shards hits, but the number of shards and speed will still change along with 25/50/75/100 percentage 

For the timer being that slow, let it hit the enemy at moderate speed, and let it hit HARD. Good enough dmg for taking out say, a lvl 40 tough Eximus (when the comet is fully charged 100%), that's still standing and causing problems for your whole squad who's having trouble taking it down.

Nullifiers will.. I guess, pause the timer of the comet.

Inspired from that one Pokémon move in.. y'know, Pokémon. I forgot the move's name..

The comet thing might seem a bit impractical due to the various locations Warframes tend to fight in sometimes (ships, closed areas with roofs, etc.). I will regardless think over this suggestion thorougly.

14 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

The comet thing might seem a bit impractical due to the various locations Warframes tend to fight in sometimes (ships, closed areas with roofs, etc.). I will regardless think over this suggestion thorougly.

Hence why even I knew that this ability existing is silly or near-impossible. But thank you :D

• 2 weeks later...

Looking up Astrological Abilities to mesh with Sibyl. Take note that I plan on gearing Sibyl to be more control oriented [and I feel an attack that summons a meteor to be a bit...well..], but if you have something please don't hesitate to share.

10 hours ago, Scharkie1333 said:

Awesome Idea and Abilities, seems liek a really well thought of Concept.

Also love the amount of dedication you put towards updating and tweaking her

Thanks for the comment.

WORKING IN OTHER POSSIBLE ABILITIES FOR SIBYL WHICH INCLUDE

• Manipulating other Warframe Power Abilities
  • Manipulating the abilities of Enemy Abilities [Eximus Included]
  • Abilities associated with the Zodiac, [Having one ability changed based on the Month; which changes the Zodiac Power]

7 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

Thanks for the comment.

WORKING IN OTHER POSSIBLE ABILITIES FOR SIBYL WHICH INCLUDE

• Manipulating other Warframe Power Abilities
  • Manipulating the abilities of Enemy Abilities [Eximus Included]
  • Abilities associated with the Zodiac, [Having one ability changed based on the Month; which changes the Zodiac Power]

I like all 3 abilities especially the zodiacs idea

10 hours ago, Popstupid said:

I feel like the 2nd ability should have some slowing effect on the enemy. Most of the time, I probably would be too slow to react and that would help and secondly this ability is useless against the Infested.

Slow effect for Augry can be added in as an Augment or you can depend on other slow effects from other Warframe Abilities like Nova, "Infested Impedance" Aura Mod or the Sentinel Mod "Coolant Leak" to compensate. I purposely did not add in a slowing ability for Augry for balancing purposes.

Of course I could change it around if there were anymore comments/opinions about the ability and Sibyl in general from more people.

Edited by FoxFX

3 hours ago, FoxFX said:

Slow effect for Augry can be added in as an Augment or you can depend on other slow effects from other Warframe Abilities like Nova, "Infested Impedance" Aura Mod or the Sentinel Mod "Coolant Leak" to compensate. I purposely did not add in a slowing ability for Augry for balancing purposes.

Of course I could change it around if there were anymore comments/opinions about the ability and Sibyl in general from more people.

How about if an enemy is affected by this but isn't in your vision. A little before it is about to attack, a kind of symbol appears showing that you are about to be hit, idk, just an idea

Edited by Popstupid

1st WAVE OF THE ZODIAC PASSIVES

CAPRICORN PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: January

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Puncture Damage & Knockdown Resistance

AQUARIUS PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: February

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Viral Damage & Slide Attack Increase

PISCES PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: March

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Cold Damage & Cold Environmental Hazard Resistance

25 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

CAPRICORN PASSIVE

AQUARIUS PASSIVE

PISCES PASSIVE

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Cold Damage & Cold Environmental Hazard Resistance

Starting off on a good foot

1 hour ago, FoxFX said:

CAPRICORN PASSIVE

AQUARIUS PASSIVE

PISCES PASSIVE

Wait are these going to be passives that go along with the base one or are they going to replace the base ones? If they replace the base ones then a lot of people would just let this warframe gather dust and when there's actually a good passive from the month, play it again only to leave it in storage again.

1 hour ago, Popstupid said:

Wait are these going to be passives that go along with the base one or are they going to replace the base ones? If they replace the base ones then a lot of people would just let this warframe gather dust and when there's actually a good passive from the month, play it again only to leave it in storage again.

The base I gather are the ones listed in the OP as "Possible Passives?" That decision is also left for other readers to decide.

However,

The most likely result will be Sibyl having one "Set Passive" and one of the 12 "Zodiac Passives" which change according to either the Month or the Hour.

As of now, I am basically enlisting each of the Zodiac Passives and what each of them can do based on the actual sign of their respective Zodiac.

Edited by FoxFX

2nd WAVE OF THE ZODIAC PASSIVES

AIRES PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: April

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Heat Damage & Primary Weapon Punch Through

TAURUS PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: May

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Impact Damage & Maximum Health Increase

GEMINI PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: June

PASSIVE ABILITY: Primary Weapon Noise Reduction Gain & Melee Weapon Multi-hit Gain

Edited by FoxFX

3rd WAVE OF THE ZODIAC PASSIVES

CANCER PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: July

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Puncture Damage & Armor

LEO PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: August

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Slash Damage & Enemy Radar Range

VIRGO PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: September

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Status Resistance & Passive Health Regeneration

Edited by FoxFX

4th WAVE OF THE ZODIAC PASSIVES

LIBRA PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: July

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Running Speed and Attack Speed

SCORPIO PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: August

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Toxic Damage & Slash Damage

SAGITTARIUS PASSIVE

MONTH GAINED: September

PASSIVE ABILITY: Percentage gained in Critical Chance & Accuracy when Aiming

[NEW ABILITY] JOINT FATE

• Connects chains to enemies within a range
  • All damage done to one enemy is also inflicted to linked enemies with a small damage reduced
  • Limited amount of links connected to enemies
  • Duration affects longevity of this effect

JOINT FATE is going to be a tricky and difficult ability to try and squeeze into. One of the other abilities in OP might need to be removed in order to do that, but no call on which one will be omitted.

Secondary Option for a Passive is to involve something with Tarot/Arcana Powers

In general, a Warframe based on Divination is something that has a lot of applications to it, but I am gearing this particular Warframe to be somewhere within the Naramon/Vazarin side. Keep in mind, this Warframe's abilities is based on the power of "observing future events" and countering those said events.