The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Prime Or Frost Prime

McTc22

Question

I have them both about ready. Along with boltor bo and lex primes. What I want to do sense I just came back is solo the star map, sense I haven't got a few of the planets unlocked. But which one is better at soloing overall? For bosses and everything.

17 answers to this question

So, would it be best if I chose Loki to do the star map? And then just level frost with groups and such like you would normally. I got frost prime cause I had plat left when I first played. And was really excited but it seems like what I've read he's really slow and more of a defence only type thing. So it made me nervous trying to star map him. And Loki seems kinda fast paced and everyone says he's good at everything. I dunno why I'm having such a hard time deciding lol.

Both Loki and Frost are really good for soloing everything. Frost's rework did wonders for his toolkit.

When soloing:

Spy/Rescue: Loki no competition. Use Safeguard Switch for Rescue Sorties if you're having a hard time.

Defense/Excavation: Frost is the king here. You'll have a harder time soloing with Loki for these missions IMO

Interception: Technically Blind Mirage but between Frost and Loki I think Frost has an easier time solo because you can just stack Globes on all 4 spots. Any enemy that even tries to hack a console will be slowed trying to get there and you have Avalanche as a CC tool.

Everything else: Any Frame

Also a little advice. Use Zenurik as the Focus for these two Frames. Max out Energy Overflow and you'll have close to infinite energy to be able to perma CC everything with Frost's Avalanche and Loki's Irradiating Disasm augment.

PS. This might be funny considering I have Loki as my username but in all honesty after you've used him for a while he gets boring. 90% of the time as a Loki all you'll do is cast Invisibility --> Disarm --> Shoot enemies rinse repeat. He's boring to bring in missions where you have to kill a lot like Extermination/Survival but maybe that's just me.

Interesting, so Loki are you saying frost would almost be a better choice then? So for rescue sorties when I get that far would frost be able to do them? One thing I've heard about frost is that he is slow. If he isn't that bad I may reconsider.

Also thanks for all that advice in that post I always like to learn new things.

Edited by McTc22

Interesting, so Loki are you saying frost would almost be a better choice then? So for rescue sorties when I get that far would frost be able to do them? One thing I've heard about frost is that he is slow. If he isn't that bad I may reconsider.

Also thanks for all that advice in that post I always like to learn new things.

Actually what I'm trying to say is that they are both solid choices. When new players ask me what Warframes they should get first I always pick those two frames because with them you can solo all mission types.

Rescue sorties you'll have an easier time with Loki. With enough experience and the proper mods and build you can actually solo anything in this game. It's just that certain frames make it easier compared to others.

With regards to Loki and Frost it depends on the mission type. As I said Spy/Rescue you wanna go with Loki but Defense/Excavation I'd always choose my Frost over Loki if I'm going solo or Pub. All the other mission types are pretty easy so frame choice doesn't matter as much and you can bring either of them and still own because they both have excellent CC abilities.

EDIT: I'd like to add that Frost's speed is easily countered by bullet jumping. Once you've mastered Parkour 2.0 moving around is pretty easy with any frame.

Edited by Loki

Actually what I'm trying to say is that they are both solid choices. When new players ask me what Warframes they should get first I always pick those two frames because with them you can solo all mission types.

Rescue sorties you'll have an easier time with Loki. With enough experience and the proper mods and build you can actually solo anything in this game. It's just that certain frames make it easier compared to others.

With regards to Loki and Frost it depends on the mission type. As I said Spy/Rescue you wanna go with Loki but Defense/Excavation I'd always choose my Frost over Loki if I'm going solo or Pub. All the other mission types are pretty easy so frame choice doesn't matter as much and you can bring either of them and still own because they both have excellent CC abilities.

EDIT: I'd like to add that Frost's speed is easily countered by bullet jumping. Once you've mastered Parkour 2.0 moving around is pretty easy with any frame.

Hmm, alright. Thank you again. Would you have a preference on which one would be more fun just running through the star chart? I will level them both of course though. Alright so that does help not worrying about speed either. And really I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Hmm, alright. Thank you again. Would you have a preference on which one would be more fun just running through the star chart? I will level them both of course though. Alright so that does help not worrying about speed either. And really I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Which one would be more fun is subjective, only you can answer that question once you've played both.

Well when I was new I used Loki a lot. Star Chart is pretty easy TBH so the frame choice rarely matters but if you had to choose only one I'd use Loki because the Spy mission type is extremely easy with Loki and he can still do Defense/Excavation with Irradiating DIsarm shenanigans.

Fun factor is relative though. As I said running through the Star chart with just Loki burned me out on using him because he's a one trick pony. Invi --> Disarm --> Shoot. It's better to try all frames out yourself and find the one that resonates with you the most. For me, after trying out all frames I have the most fun with Excalibur. Loki and Frost are excellent choices as frames to start building your collection on though so you're in the right direction.

Both are quite good for soloing for different reasons, but both can carry you far in the star chart.  Which one you pick depends on what's your play style.  Do you like to be more sneaky and stealth kill or do you want to do more direct damage with guns and abilities?

I don't know why people still insist on Frost being good only in defense especially after his rework, but I guess most people only use him for his Snow Globe.  His Ice Wave and Avalanche are actually quite viable for both crowd control and damaging enemies.  Freeze is a cheap and fast crow control power.  He is quite tanky because of his pretty high inate shield and because of his snow globe power.  Yes, he is slow compare to Loki, but with the arrival movement 2.0, just slap on a moblize mod on Frost and then bullet jump/glide will solve that speed issue.

Loki make rescue and spy missions a breeze, but many people can do those missions fine with other frames especially once they've learned the tricks and secrets.  Yes, Loki's squishier than Frost, but if you use most or all his abilities, especially disarm, then you should have no problem surviving.

That's true I will have to play them both and decide. I really appreciate all everyone had to say. It was really helpful and I learned a lot. So far with nova, mag prime, nekros, and trinity. I'd have to say nova is my favourite. So we will see. It really is appreciated everyone for the advice.