Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Was Bored And I Just Started To Look At De Rules And Stuff And I Found Some Funny Stuff

Azngoku

copy, photocopy or reproduce the Software, in whole or in part; provided, however, 

that you may make one (1) copy of the Game Software and the Game manual for archival purposes only;

Checkmate EULA_en 

Xah0p69.png

Enjoy ban

A few word preventing them from knowing what you serch in you're alone time "happy time"

When running the Software, Digital Extremes may monitor your use and play of the Software
and collect data regarding your use and play of the software in accordance with Digital Extreme’s Privacy Policy.

This only means that while the game is running, DE may monitor your playing of the game; the monitoring and collection of data only pertains to the game itself. Basically to check to make sure you aren't hacking, cheating, etc. It doesn't mean that it monitor other activities not game related.

You gave DE PERMISSION TO DESTROY YOU'RE COMPUTER.

Digital Extremes shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any kind
 arising out of the game or any use of the game, including, without limitation, loss of data, 
loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other damages or losses. 

This is just DE covering their bases if you play the game so much your computer fails, or if you forget to go to work, or lose out on opportunities because you're playing the game too much. It's not DE's fault if your video game addiction results in a self destructive lifestyle y'know.

News to me 

The Game is operated by Digital Extremes in Canada. 

How is this news to you? This was always the case and always will be the case.

So if a friend comes over and ask can I play I am not allowed to say yes?

You may NOT share, sell, transfer, assign, or give away your Warframe account.
 If there is suspicion or proof of breach of confidentiality, your account may be deleted.

If you're physically present, someone else can use your account (i.e. someone in the same room as you). But if you give them your login credentials (E-mail for logging in and your password), be it a gift, selling, transferring or sharing, you can (and will) get your account nuked from orbit. 

As long as you are the only person who knows your login credentials, there isn't a problem. Don't give out your login information. That's all.

You can also delete any account you want can you?

Digital Extremes reserves all rights to terminate your account at any time and for
 any reason. If your account is deleted for whatever reason. 

Considering your account is stored on their servers, yes. While DE doesn't delete accounts without good reason (i.e. accounts inactive over a year, accounts that were banned due to EULA violations, etc), this is a very standard clause in pretty much every EULA on every online game where player progress is stored server side.

Please be aware that this agreement is susceptible to change. If you continue to use the game 

or the Website, it will be assumed that you have agreed to such changes.

Basically, it's your responsibility to be aware of the rules you agreed to follow. 

Are these things "funny"? Not really. They're very standard clauses for EULAs and Terms of Use Agreements. Is it "funny" to ignore the agreement? Not really... You do so at your own risk. It's an agreement, and is legally binding. It's designed to protect DE in the event that you misuse their software. 

Funnily enough, companies even apply EULA's like this to console hardware. If you mod your Xbox or PS4 - even if you are aware and willing to violate the warranty - then you are in breech of the EULA as according to their agreement of use, it still technically belongs to them as their product. You essentially pay all that money to lease the console.

These kinds of clauses in game EULAs are not rare, nor are they really surprising. You want to see some funny stuff, go look at the EULA's of console developers.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-ridiculous-eula-clauses-agreed/

Here is an interesting list of EULA things, including Apple's clause where you agree not to use iTunes to create nuclear weapons.

Enjoy.