Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skill Tree? You Got Mods And Such But How About A Little Customization?

Smokedragoon

I am just throwing this idea out there. I know it sounds like some of the abilities that you get through mods.

But a small skill tree and you get like 2 points per 3 or 4 levels so that you get a total of 10 points to help specialize and make the warframe more potent to their class. Such as tank class to give them more aggro and people who use guns a slight more ammo. Read below for the ideas.

A singular skill tree that goes for all your warframes. Such as:

Combat Skill Tree(Melee):

More weapon damage %

Some armor %

Some HP %

Faster Attack Speed Melee %

Stealthy attacks % bonus

Attacks steal % of money from melee attacks (level 1-10 5 credits, 11-20 15 credits and so on)

Defensive (Tank):

Most HP % out of the skill tree's

Enemies are more likely to target you (to help implement more of a tank for Rhino)

More armor than Combat Skill tree %

Your abilities have a taunt type aggro so the more you use them the more likely enemies target you

Your melee attack draw attention of the target for bosses

More shield %

Wider ability range to support the aggro per ability used

Caster (example volt):

Faster animation on skill kinda like a CD reduction

Faster Energy regen

Lowest shield %

Hp %

Abilities hit more targets (Volts Lightning will hit more targets)

Less aggro for magic abilities

Hp regen aura (for supportive classes)

Larger area of effect for abilities (Frost)

Gunner:

More weapon and 2nd weapon damage

More ammo for main and off hand

More accuracy

HP%

Shield %

Elemental damage plus bonus for each you have equipped

Sentinel boost to damage

Sentinel boost to aggressive action range

Smokedragoon

"Life has boundaries only set forth by your mind"

(Ya it's smoke dragoon, like that neat little class that has a dragon flying around with a knight in the FF series.) 

The skill trees that existed earlier weren't really skill trees, more like straight up upgrade paths that got maxed out anyway. They offered far less customization than the mod system and pretty much sucked. They also interacted with Orokin catalysts and reactors pretty badly. You couldn't get your frame's 3rd and 4th abilities w/o supercharge, along with half of the tree.

Warframe history fun fact: When I joined, potatoes didn't exist and the supercharge system was called the pro system. And guess what? It was platinum only.

The skill trees that existed earlier weren't really skill trees, more like straight up upgrade paths that got maxed out anyway. They offered far less customization than the mod system and pretty much sucked. They also interacted with Orokin catalysts and reactors pretty badly. You couldn't get your frame's 3rd and 4th abilities w/o supercharge, along with half of the tree.

Warframe history fun fact: When I joined, potatoes didn't exist and the supercharge system was called the pro system. And guess what? It was platinum only.

Indeed. Those times were so sad because I dumped my free plats all to pro my warframe and weapon, which was wrong.

On the main topic, I do believe a little customization is fine but in terms of skill tree, the current mod system overrides it. It's designed to be the replacement of the devs' initial skill tree design (mainly because they don't know how to make a skill tree that works without spending a year or so).

Skill tree is outdated. It just offer a straight line toward max/min gameplay with redundant 'junk' nodes in the path. Look at Diablo2 as an example for skill tree. If you want to play whirlwind barb then you have to spend points on useless nodes in order to get it. That's why Blizzard added synergy system.

The only thing that skill tree is better than mod is certainty. Other aspects? Mod system is far better than skill tree.

The mod system is better because it allows you to create a tank with a super high energy instead of faster shield recharge. Or a caster with more health. Or a speedster with higher energy efficiency without being locked into a singular build.

Also a skill tree is a boring way to do things as I would not like to have to put points into half a dozen things I dont want or like just to get to the one node I want. And anyways the mod system is a replacement to a skill tree, and much better than the skill trees.

That kind of sounds like old mod system (closed Beta) replaced by this new system.

I Like this one better which is more driven to upgrade what you really want for frames and weapons unlike getting things you don't need by following a path in order to unlock a specific ability and lvls.

I do miss the multimods... 8 ancients dead with 1 swing of my scindo on xini or a 1 shot 6 dead infested hek... How I Miss Being a Space Ninja God. :)