The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Ps4 Ever Going To Get The Rest Of The Holiday Stuff That Pc Got?

(PSN)Dualisacat

Question

I've seen no confirmation of this anywhere on the forum, and please believe me when I say I've looked. Drew confirmed a few weeks ago we'd be getting "the holiday skins," but we only got stuff that had been previously been available last year (and not even all of it).

Are we getting the rest? Will console be able to get the Sonicor skin at all, or are we just out of luck, this year?

The lack of clear communication on this has been upsetting, and I don't think anyone has said if the next patch will make these items available, or not. Getting them late is one thing, but not getting them at all is just frustrating.

11 answers to this question

Lack of communication? They stated what Devoid said in their holiday ps4/xbox announcement

So they explicitly stated that consoles won't get the current selection?

I'm personally done with this topic as the previously free skins were replaced with a moneygrab. They can release or exclude all they want. Not worth the money anyway.

I've seen no confirmation of this anywhere on the forum, and please believe me when I say I've looked. Drew confirmed a few weeks ago we'd be getting "the holiday skins," but we only got stuff that had been previously been available last year (and not even all of it).

Are we getting the rest? Will console be able to get the Sonicor skin at all, or are we just out of luck, this year?

The lack of clear communication on this has been upsetting, and I don't think anyone has said if the next patch will make these items available, or not. Getting them late is one thing, but not getting them at all is just frustrating.

DE Drew: "Just to reiterate, we couldn't get the new skins included with the U18 build in time. We're planning to have another build ready for certification by the end of the month, but that would mean we're well past the winter holidays and already trying to prep for the next one (Valentine's Day). The winter skins will definitely come back, but it defeats the purpose of having a special holiday skin when we're so far past the holiday being celebrated. It's something to look forward to in the long-term and in the short-term we have Nezha, Loki Deluxe and more coming to you soon."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/593711-xb1-ps4-winter-bundles-are-here/?p=6728877

Glad to see the confirmation post (I really wish they could have just made a new thread about it - not everyone goes lurking into old threads for new information, and I did that for several others), but that seems like a ridiculous reasoning. It's at least still January, could they not make them available for a week?

I don't understand the logic in "we couldn't get this to you on-time, so enjoy not having at all - or at least for another entire year." We got Baro Ki'Teer's "Day of the Dead" Halloween skin for the Dark Sword two and a half months after Halloween, why couldn't we got the Sonicor skin a month after Christmas?

I don't understand the logic in "we couldn't get this to you on-time, so enjoy not having at all - or at least for another entire year." We got Baro Ki'Teer's "Day of the Dead" Halloween skin for the Dark Sword two and a half months after Halloween, why couldn't we got the Sonicor skin a month after Christmas?

Because Ps4 has to follow what PC gets in terms of Baro. So that doesn't count.

Edited by KJRenz

Because Ps4 has to follow what PC gets in terms of Baro. So that doesn't count.

Previously, PS4 had followed what PC got in terms of content, in general. Why not now? Saying that doesn't count is silly, they could have removed it for poor consistency with the holidays in a hotfix or thought ahead of time to remove or replace it. The rotation isn't something permanently carved into stone, and they'd talked about changing console's rotation to be different than PC, previously, but decided against it after a lot of people voiced they'd rather keep the drops consistent.

That we're getting -absolutely nothing- in compensation for this is a brazenly unfair move to console players and really kind of shows where the priority is. All we get is a "sorry" tucked away into a devstream and deep in a forum thread that most of the player base will never even see. We didn't even get a return of the spearmint scythe or the orbiter decorations - things that had previously been available last Christmas. How about a message in the inbox telling us what happened and a plat coupon (console sometimes gets coupons as log-in rewards that reduce a single item's purchase price by a % - very different from the PC coupons and I believe due to how console marketplaces work) or something?

This is a somewhat alarmingly poor way to treat console players. We already get everything sometimes significantly later than PC (I understand this is due to Sony and Microsoft and their ludicrously restrictive processes for companies using their platforms, not DE), but this is something they COULD own up to and aren't. This is them just shrugging their shoulders at us. I don't like it. It's very difficult to look at this as someone who has been playing at a dedicated pace for nearly two years and come away with any impression other than preferential treatment and a disregard for a chunk of their player base.

I never used the word "sabotage," I said it felt like preferential treatment and a disregard for console players. I believe they care more about their PC playerbase, which they're much more in touch with.

I know that Sony and Microsoft do not allow for nearly as open a platform as Steam, and that's the biggest reason we're constantly behind, but when they screw up and forget to add Christmas stuff in an update and then do almost nothing about it but say "sorry, maybe next year," I feel like I have a right to be upset and accuse them of not being fair with us.