Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know There Are Frame Balence Issues When....

simeo77

That's right... you clicked on this topic to see the rest of the sentence. And I'ma give it to you!

You know there are frame balance issues when random squads constantly have Frost, Frost, and Excalibur.

Where did all the other frames go? The last squad I ran had 3 Frosts and an Excal. 2 of us with Grams and the other 2 with Dual Ethers.

Before that 2 Frost, 1 Vauban and a Nyx.

Then 2 Frost, 2 Excal.

Then 2 Frost, 1 Nyx and something else non-obvious. Probably another Excalibur or a Saryn.

Please go back to the old frames DE and redo the skills to make those frames more playable/desireable. You know the newer frames are better. You admitted that in livestream. So with that knowledge, go back to the old frames and tweak them. Then when you do make a change or "fix" to an old frame. Maybe post a dedicated stickied "frame thread" for each of the frames.

This will add more variety to the frames we see.

well all frames are kind of still playable, at least people did not forget that fun and being unique matters when we talk about frames. I think weapons need a lot of tweaking and balancing, we should have them categorized in tiers of some kind maybe?  

I like to go through frames, each one has his goods and bads imo, but when going on defense you will see many frosts, I like to pick up my Frost for defense missions, even though I might encounter one, not always do they actually l know how to play. Im tired of losing a defense mission over somebody not knowing how to use a frames full potential.

I mostly enjoy playing along Ash, Banshees and Saryns, they usually know what they are doing, other than screwing it up.

With the exception of endless or mobile defense missions where we may have more than one frost, none of those I play with use the same frames, and I'm the usually the only frost.

Maybe if you played other mission types you'd see more variation and randomness?

I usually see banshees, sayrns, vaubans, embers, and frosts in defense missions. Maybe a loki here and there.

Then Ash, Nyx, Volt, and Trinity in other missions along with those.

I usually only see Excal or Mag in the lowbie levels, they don't seem like popular frames to me. Great for bosses together though.

Hardly any Rhinos.

I play in western Europe and see different warframes too.

As Haserath said, Excalibur in lower levels, then generally Banshee, Nyx, Trinity and so on... I remember a mission with THREE Banshee with Paris / Dread... lol

Hardly any Rhinos.

Yeah. I stopped using my Rhino and switched to Trinity. Chain Link>Iron Skin, and energy vampire is just awesome on bosses and high level areas. Trinity's potential actually grows with the area's level and difficulty(which is something you can't really say about most warframes imo).

Don't know what's a turn off with Rhino for me. Too slow? Nerfed iron skin? Less utility than my Volt and Trinity? I personally prefer utility over offense.

I play in East North America and I really do see a bunch of Frost, Nyx, and Excal. Sometimes I'll see a mission with 2-3 Ash. I don't play as many def missions as I should. Mostly alerts, randoms and Mobile Defense.

What should i say? Its a matter of whats popular (like kids playing characters with boobs, because of boobs, more likely in MMORPG´s, not really here, i hope).

A ice themed Warframe? "Cool"

Flashy Skills? "AWESOME!"

et cetera, et cetera...

Ofc characters like Ash (my Fav Warframe right now) or Loki, which are missing high dmg AoE skills, are not as popular as Sayrin, or Frost, which dont require as much skill as others, because they forgive u more if u make a mistake.

I dont know why, but when i see a Loki, he is never alone.. (Matchmaking @ his best :D)

But i would like to see everyone a little bit more often, would be awesome

Edited by KnightCero

Maybe there is a way for the matchmaking program to offer more variety?

It sees there are 10 people wanting to play one mission. So it will automatically use 4 separate frames (given the limitations it might have) to choose the match.

Edit: I will say the more variety the mission has, the more interesting and the further you are able to proceed in the mission.

Edited by simeo77