Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alocyte Origins

TruZender

It's pretty clear. Nothing has ever suggested that warframes can act on their own.

You do remember the second dream right. Also your to quick to judge. In the original skit for the second dream your frame was supposed to stop you from getting stabbed by the stalker and acted on its own...(the devs said it would be too cheesy so they changed it"This occured during recent a devstream) There is a reason that they hinted warframes having their own sentience.

second dream final moments were the warframe pulls the sword out could be free will or not its debatable

the tenno pulled it out. Just like the tenno controlled the proto rhino frame in the rhino prime codex (albeit in a much weaker fashion because they weren't using a transference device). But I think activating the device in the back of the Liset helped the Tenno be able to control the frame without touching it. And the storyboard that they showed in their first 2016 devstream makes me more confident in this position.

the tenno pulled it out. Just like the tenno controlled the proto rhino frame in the rhino prime codex (albeit in a much weaker fashion because they weren't using a transference device). But I think activating the device in the back of the Liset helped the Tenno be able to control the frame without touching it. And the storyboard that they showed in their first 2016 devstream makes me more confident in this position.

Do you mean the original skit? It makes me more confident in the other postition. I could understand a weak tenno doing something as basic as pulling a sword out of its body through a weak transference link....but a half conscious tenno making a warframe stop a sword with its bare hands..that requires strength and in the operators condition at that time...I don't think the operator had much left. It's still up or debate but the truth is still obvious even though we do not have all the facts yet.

But I don't want to be an edgy hipster stalker wannabe acolyte.

HOWEVER! If I was an Acolyte... my codename would be... "Crawl"

Why you would kill the lotus Grudge 3 style?

It's pretty clear. Nothing has ever suggested that warframes can act on their own.

Rhino Prime's lore:

Red lights flashing on stark, white walls. Davis is running ahead of me, dropping his notes. We're running for our lives. The fear gives me a strange perspective - I'm out of my body. I've forgotten how I got here. I don't recognize this place. Davis and I slam pinned against a cell door and he shouts at me. I give him a dumb look. I can't hear him, the sirens, anything, only the muffled throb of terror in my head.

I turn away from Davis down the hall and I see it. The hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood. Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle flashes. They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore. I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it ... free.

I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done. It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay.

I feel the pull on my arm and realize Davis got the cell open. He tugs me into the cell beyond and I fall on my back. I see Davis standing at the open door, waiting as the monster tears towards us.

Suddenly I could live through this so I shout, "Davis, close the door!" But he shakes his head with eyes as wide as moons. He shouts, "Watch!" over the roaring and rending of metal.

Then silence. Davis is panting, laughing? The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence. It stands there, looking at its hands. Davis whispers, "No one would have believed me."

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?" Davis turns to me, a smile forming - "What's going on is.." He turns back to the beast now silent and calm. "...big, fat promotions."
Edited by EpsilonJackal

Rhino Prime's lore:

Yeah, that's the lore. Why do you think the creature looks at its hands when it's at the door? It can't just be an infested creature, because the Tenno have never had that effect on the infested, and the infested are driven mad by the pain of the infestation. So it's got to be a proto-Rhino. And not only that, but I would most certainly argue that it's the Tenno controlling the frame, and gaining more control over it as it gets closer to the physical location of the Tenno. In other words, the link gets stronger, and the Tenno becomes more self-aware - awake - as he moves the Warframe closer to the door.

Yeah, that's the lore. Why do you think the creature looks at its hands when it's at the door? It can't just be an infested creature, because the Tenno have never had that effect on the infested, and the infested are driven mad by the pain of the infestation. So it's got to be a proto-Rhino. And not only that, but I would most certainly argue that it's the Tenno controlling the frame, and gaining more control over it as it gets closer to the physical location of the Tenno. In other words, the link gets stronger, and the Tenno becomes more self-aware - awake - as he moves the Warframe closer to the door.

Yes, The reason it JUST looked at its hands and STOPED MASSACRING people was becuase transference was link right when it got to the door....before that however it was acting on its own.