Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mod Drops Should Instead Be Fusion Cores

S5alad

I totally agree with this and for market maybe if they make especific packs like, primary weapon pack mod, secundary weapon pack mod, etc

Genius!  No seriously... this should be its own thread.

I agree with the general concept, but with a catch. There needs to be some backups in place for a couple reasons:

1. The player could accidentally merge one of these abilities with some other ability (have to admit I did this by on my first day in the game before I had any idea what was going on). If they no longer drop, then they could be gone forever.

2. Sometimes you want to re-do your loadout. Maybe you decide you really need that extra point, and you'd rather have a level 1 ability rather than a level 2, 3, or 4. Then what? You have no way to downgrade the ability for extra available points.

I agree with the general concept, but with a catch. There needs to be some backups in place for a couple reasons:

1. The player could accidentally merge one of these abilities with some other ability (have to admit I did this by on my first day in the game before I had any idea what was going on). If they no longer drop, then they could be gone forever.

2. Sometimes you want to re-do your loadout. Maybe you decide you really need that extra point, and you'd rather have a level 1 ability rather than a level 2, 3, or 4. Then what? You have no way to downgrade the ability for extra available points.

For your first point, I am pretty sure they made it so that you can not fuse or sell a skill for a frame you have unless you have a duplicate. This update likely occurred after your first day in the game.

For your second point, I completely agree. That's why I would rather have their drop rates drastically reduced instead of removing them altogether. As it is now, though, there's just too many skill mod drops and too few uses for them.

For your first point, I am pretty sure they made it so that you can not fuse or sell a skill for a frame you have unless you have a duplicate. This update likely occurred after your first day in the game.

For your second point, I completely agree. That's why I would rather have their drop rates drastically reduced instead of removing them altogether. As it is now, though, there's just too many skill mod drops and too few uses for them.

There should be a way to use a lower ranked version of a mod card as well, TBH.  It's kind of obnoxious being one point short for one weapon, but the one I used first I'm fine.

Agreed on removing ability cards from the drop tables, along with allowing the ability to use a mod at a rank below its current rank.

I've always wanted a way to, "reverse fusion" something.  Perhaps paying a hefty fee to undo a fusion would be worth it.

I cannot, however, justify the incredible amount of clutter I get just trying to upgrade my mods.  Some people LIKE a little order, not breaking their eyeballs just to find the mod they want amidst all the slash dashes and pulls.

Quick question: how do you propose people get those ability mods if they're no longer in the drop tables? Do they just come with the frame when you make it? Then how do you rank them up? Fusion cores only?

As much as I agree they're a waste, I would prefer they just take them out of the rare pool and put them all in the common pool.

There are a Vast amount of Extremely great ideas in this thread and i think that it could improve the game greatly, as a player with OCD and ADHD the mod screen makes it a nightmare to go into after every mission and that eliminating these mods could declutter the mod screen and make it easier for all of us

Edited by Marximus1

Quick question: how do you propose people get those ability mods if they're no longer in the drop tables? Do they just come with the frame when you make it? Then how do you rank them up? Fusion cores only?

As much as I agree they're a waste, I would prefer they just take them out of the rare pool and put them all in the common pool.

Really Really bad idea.  This would make us get spammed by ability mods even more than we already do.  And yes, you get the ability mods when you build the frame and since they only go up to level 3, upgrading with only fusion cores is nothing close to an issue. 

That said, I don't think they should remove ability drops completely, but, they need to drastically reduce how often they drop.  I am not saying make them rare cores, just at least cut thier drop % by half or so. 

Still waiting, DE!  I think there's a consensus here that the ability mods dropping are silly, and everyone would like to see more fusion cores and less/no ability mods.  This goes DOUBLE for those purchasing mod packs from the plat market.

Give us a listen yo.

I wholehearttedly and fully agree with the OP. If I could trade the 2345th Mind Control against a Fusion Core, I would.

Why is something that has 3 rans the lion's share of world drops? It is bound to disappoint. Even more for those people who concentrate on few frames.

I wholehearttedly and fully agree with the OP. If I could trade the 2345th Mind Control against a Fusion Core, I would.

Make it so, Tenno.  Sing your sweet song to the Devs and make the magic happen.

I wouldn't mind if more fusion coils dropped, but I like to have a lower leveled version of an ability mod for the different mod sets I equipt on my frames.

DE mentiond in a lifestrem this

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38278-underclocking-mods-mentioned-on-livestream/?hl=overwhelming

if we get this we can remove warframe abilitys completly from the droptable

Ability Mod Packs maybe? One per frame, containing one of each ability, available in the market for like, 5k? (price could be adjusted up to 10k I guess)

That way, you can choose to rank up ability mods with credits, or wait for fusion cores to drop. 

It's hardly exploitable, since you can't get more than 2k from reselling them, and fusing ability mods with other mods is worthless, even the rare ones.  

Well you could try, but it would cost a looooot of credits (That could be a solution to the credit sink issue though...)

Or you could make them only fusable with each other, and nothing else.

Edited by Thelonious

Ability Mod Packs maybe? One per frame, containing one of each ability, available in the market for like, 5k? (price could be adjusted up to 10k I guess)

That way, you can choose to rank up ability mods with credits, or wait for fusion cores to drop. 

It's hardly exploitable, since you can't get more than 2k from reselling them, and fusing ability mods with other mods is worthless, even the rare ones.  

Well you could try, but it would cost a looooot of credits (That could be a solution to the credit sink issue though...)

Or you could make them only fusable with each other, and nothing else.

I like this idea. Credit prices could be adjusted as needed. Personally I think that 5-10k is relatively lax as far as pricing goes, but to each his own. It would cost a lot to really make the mods worth it to level up other mods, so yeah it's not too easily exploitable. You have my upvote here. If you had a seperate thread you'd have an upvote and a bump too. :D