The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player - Areas Too Dark Or Incredible Thick Fog

2metragluposti

Question

Hi,

I just browsed forums, and I see people complaining about it, but can't find a proper fix.

Some areas are just too dark, especially if they have those burnt in shadows. On the other hand, I just played a Grineer mission for Shadow Debt - the third one - and I could barely see thru the fog.

I've tried recommended color options, but none do the trick.

4 answers to this question

The third Shadow Debt mission has obscuring fog on purpose, though if you have lighting issues you can check here for some examples of what new video settings can do.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/600014-high-dynamic-range-adaptive-exposure-inconsistencies/

Though turning the brightness up to 3/4ths and the contrast up to 4/7ths or so may help more for now.

What about those extremely dark places? It's like gamma goes to 0...

Some of those are probably intentional. Most (maybe all) primary weapons come with a built-in flashlight. Abilities that highlight enemies (e.g. Ivara's Sleep arrow and Nova's Molecular Prime) are also useful for making enemies visible. There might be something you can do with the settings, but personally, I've just gotten used to resolving close shades of black (and using weapons that don't require precise aim like the Ignis and Sonicor).