The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Frames

(XBOX)WanaTuck

Question

6 answers to this question

This isn't LoL or anything, there's no frame tiers.  Frames have strengths and weaknesses and various frames are better at certain types of missions than others.  For example I'd take a Frost over a Volt for defense, but I'd take a Volt over a Frost for capture.

As far as weapons, what's your mastery rank?  Do you have access to syndicate weapons, do you have clantech access?

This isn't LoL or anything, there's no frame tiers.  Frames have strengths and weaknesses and various frames are better at certain types of missions than others.  For example I'd take a Frost over a Volt for defense, but I'd take a Volt over a Frost for capture.

As far as weapons, what's your mastery rank?  Do you have access to syndicate weapons, do you have clantech access?

My mastery rank right now is 5.  I haven't payed too much attention to syndicates at all just because I am ill informed on them.  I had clantech access until I was kicked out due to inactivity with being focused on my college classes.

But, I do understand that there are frames out there meant for specific jobs.  I prefer my Rhino prime on missions where I need to tank a lot to pick up friends, but in a mission where I need to do a lot of damage, I would take my Excalibur.

My mastery rank right now is 5.  I haven't payed too much attention to syndicates at all just because I am ill informed on them.  I had clantech access until I was kicked out due to inactivity with being focused on my college classes.

If you get up to MR6 you can get syndicate secondaries like the Vaykor Marelok and such which are strong and can be traded (if they haven't been used).  As far as actually using syndicates, you join one, then put the sigil on your warframe (appearance, regalia), then go do missions and you'll get standing.  Earn enough and you can rank up and/or get rewards, and at rank 2 and up you'll get daily missions for more standing.

Off the top of my head, here are some frames that you should look for when playing certain missions. Note that this is just my opinion, and I don't own every last frame available. Take these with a grain of salt.

Defensive (e.g. Defense, Mob. Defense, Interception): Frost, Trinity, Vauban

Offensive (e.g. Capture, Exterminate): Ember, Volt, Ash

Stealth: Ash, Loki, Ivara

Niche roles: Equinox, Chroma, Mag, Nekros, Ivara

Melee roles: Excalibur, Wukong, Valkyr

General purpose (highly opinionated): Rhino, Loki, Nova, Mesa, Saryn, Oberon, Trinity

Edited by (PS4)InstaShark