The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal Annoying Thing With Mapping Of Alt Fire.

DSpite

Question

I used to like the simple "right click" because I had gotten really used to my Penta, and timing shots with the same hand is much better for me. With the key now being zoom, I needed to map it somewhere else, and I can't seem to find a way that pleases me, so I was hoping to see how everyone else does it.

The "annoyance" only happens for a few guns. The Penta being one, and now the Simulor - which for the record? A zoom button mapping on a gun that fires shot 12 meters away? (*%##$$ !!!*) being the other. I do have an old G5 mouse but I've already mapped every button and even wheel left-right to do stuff, and once you get used to a muscle reflex, it's hard to adapt to a new system.

I installed X-Mouse Button Control and I can also re-map the DPI keys I guess, but I'm finding it REALLY REALLY UN-intuitive that it's driving me nuts. I'm considering buying a foot activated USB button just for this, so this must give you an idea on how it's getting to me. Heck, I'm hoping my mouse dies so I can go out and get a new mouse with more buttons then an elevator panel just to fix the issues.

So, what kind of cool key mappings do you people use on mouse-keyboard to get everything done?

4 answers to this question

i also have an old g5

left click - main fire [for duplex auto and some semi]

right click - melee [for charge or combos]

wheel up - main fire [for fanning]

wheel down - melee [for melee spam]

middle - alt fire [clicking the wheel always sucks, but whatevs]

forward button - alt fire [slightly less hassle than the wheel button]

back button - block/zoom [easy thumb access, can hold and use while doing anything else]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

really an annoyance for me, ever since i got the synoid simulor. I wish there was an option on weapons that had a secondary fire such that the zoom button triggers the secondary fire, instead of zooming, toggle-able at the loadout screen for that weapon.

really an annoyance for me, ever since i got the synoid simulor. I wish there was an option on weapons that had a secondary fire such that the zoom button triggers the secondary fire, instead of zooming, toggle-able at the loadout screen for that weapon.

I'm trying to use just my right hand, as clicking stuff with my left to set off stuff I fired with my right appears to be causing the left side of my brain to punch the right side of my brain and yelling "do your own work!".

Maybe in my case it is a case of being brain surgery.