Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Point Of Prime Warframes?

PsymoGaming

So i noticed that the Prime weapons get a boost but not the Warframes.
I would love to get the community and DEV feedback on this.

There are new 2 Prime Warframes out at this moment in time.  
~Frost Prime and Excalibur Prime.

Both of these warframes Grant a Extra Polarity Slot but still seems completely not Viable any more due to the new item "Forma" which can expand the Polarity slots as many times as one feels.

Ever Since the the new Item "Forma" cane out I am noticing that no one cares about the "Prime" Models of the warframes because of what I stated above.  I can just "Forma" the Frost 1 times and get the same results as a Frost time.

I feel that these "Prime" Warframes should stand out and be more of a exciting achievement to get and show off their "Prime" name.   

These warframes should have a boost in all stats like Armor, Health, Shields, Speed and Shield Recovery.  They should be better then their predecessors because they are in face a "PRIME"  not a original.   

I would love to hear what the DEV's and the Community has to say about this.  I feel that this should be implemented through a Hot-fix before any more Prime Models come out and still are all rendered "pointless".  

I do know not everything feels this way and I am not looking for any arguments just pointing out what I have herd through many people talking in the game about their "Pointless Founder Excaliber", or their Strongly Farmed Frost Model.  

For now think of this, Isn't the name "Prime" before the warframe Supposed to show some significance, Strength or Dominance over its earlier generation? For the definition of the word "Prime" is Of First Importance; Main.

Please Get back to me Dev's 

YOU 2 COMMUNITY!!!  : ^ D

Thank you all for reading, 

~ xSimox

The reason they didnt do it like that is because too many people would complain about it.They are trying to make this game fair to everyone,but since its impossible to do that...they are taking majority and majority say prime warframes should only look different,and have small boosted areas.The warframes are already slightly op to the eniemes we fight,then we have maxed out mods there would be no point in giving primes more power

Instead of beefing all stats, why not beef 2 stats, like energy and armor or armor and shields for the Frost Prime decrease Health and melee strength or Health and speed. Follow my logic?

Edited by Gravalite

Instead of beefing all stats, why not beef 2 stats, like energy and armor or armor and shields for the Frost Prime decrease Health and melee strength or Health and speed. Follow my logic?

So its like how the alt hems are?

The primes are all about the bling. What's wrong with that? I see no reason for them to be superior stat-wise. They already have unique effects in the void. I can imagine we'll see more effects in future Orokin inspired areas.

So its like how the alt hems are?

Yes precisely! Except the problem with my idea is that IF more frames and primes are added it will be even harder to balance the game, and the only way people would care to use the primes is if the boosts will work to them and if they can cope with negatives. The negatives would have to be relevant to that particular Warframe.

I thought primes did have their own cosmetics...

also, what's so bad about being able to run faster/have a larger energy pool on a prime warframe?

Exactly, A speed increase, Maybe a +10 Armor..   +50 energy or health..   Something to make them different from the rest.. Otherwise they dont really serve a purpose..  

The primes are all about the bling. What's wrong with that? I see no reason for them to be superior stat-wise. They already have unique effects in the void. I can imagine we'll see more effects in future Orokin inspired areas.

I've been on many void runs with my ex prime. Neither me nor my teammates have noticed anything special. Care to educate me on exactly what prime frames get in the void?

I've been on many void runs with my ex prime. Neither me nor my teammates have noticed anything special. Care to educate me on exactly what prime frames get in the void?

At the moment the only bonus is when the prime gets near a turret everyone nearby gets 100 energy. I believe this was more a proof of concept test that we'll see expanded when they release more Orokin tiles.

Excalibur Prime has increased shield regen.

Frost Prime doesn't have anything except the polarity slot, but then you can obtain it without paying any $$$.

If you want Frost, you've got a choice -- you can do Void2/3 or farm ... who drops that again? Kril?

Considering I already have 2/3 Frost Prime without even trying (only missing Helmet)... looks like I'm going the Prime route. And I get to save myself a Forma, even.

I agree with the OP, the extra polarity slot made primes better, at least in theory, than regular frames. With the existence of Forma they lost that edge. I think they should get something to compensate for the effective loss, but it is hard to say what that should be. I do not want them being too much better, but having no difference seems strange.

I agree with the OP, the extra polarity slot made primes better, at least in theory, than regular frames. With the existence of Forma they lost that edge. I think they should get something to compensate for the effective loss, but it is hard to say what that should be. I do not want them being too much better, but having no difference seems strange.

Again, Excalibur has faster Shield Regen, and Frost Prime saves you a Forma and a lot of Kril farming.

I think that Primes are a great way of having a hard to get reward without locking out lower level players of that content (I'm looking at you, Lanka). It's cool if they have slightly higher stats, but they shouldn't be so large that people feel that they need it (not that anyone has really said that, just saying). Void missions are supposed to be feel like a nice bonus rather than a grind.

Think of it this way. If the primes all have superior stats then in endgame content every boss has to balanced for the prime frames, rendering non-primes useless. This is not what you really want to happen.

I like what this guy says.

I agree, but i don't think they should implement a change until more prime frames are out.
Also it can't be "better" then a normal frame, or else the normal frames would be useless in the end.

It'd be cool if Prime warframes ALL had their own warframe slot. The slot could both come and go with the frame, so there is always room for the prime frames, but not be abusable for free slots.

Edited by Stinker

Okay, So you all talk about balancing the game for a Slight change in the warframe.  I do not believe that a extra 10 - 50 Health or shields would matter much besides maybe 1 Extra hit.  

I also do not believe that changing the Warframe "Frost Prime" to have 1.0 Speed instead of 0.8  would make to much of a difference.  

Please do correct me if I am wrong though. 

I do have to say I love all the input that everyone is giving me on this.  It really is nice to hear what the community has to say about this.

Think of it this way. If the primes all have superior stats then in endgame content every boss has to balanced for the prime frames, rendering non-primes useless. This is not what you really want to happen.

This simplistic mentality...