Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Rework Ideas

Ameijin-Grey

I wasn't talking about taking abilities away, but iconic traits of abilities. The energy waves of exlated blade are such a thing. While it wasn't explicitly stated to completey remove them, there are quite a few posts, inlcuding yours that want to heavily restrict those waves to things like channeling or certain moves/combos.

While not directly the extreme of removal it goes in the same direction.

What I would be asking is how do you come to the conclusion that its the energy waves thats problematic for the ability, so it needs a direct change?

Aren't there already systems in place whihc can help your problem and are less drastic for the ability itself?

I wont say that your kind of feedback is wrong, but I think its not a good starting point to the core issue of E spam being the best case scenario and the idea's following that start tend to snowball into bigger changes which might be not only harder to implement but might also have consequences not clearly visbile on first sight. I see it as way more effective to think of anything that is already there and build it on top of it.

I will take the example of stance and body count again. I suggest adding body count to EB, as it engages going inot melee with EB as it is the only way to stack the combo counter. So you have higher damage at the cost of range, which leaves you with the option to sacrficie damage for range and therefore adds to the gameplay.

That doesn't fix the problem of the bland combos all that much, so I sa,y hey what is the meat of all melee gameplay? Stances! And the stance argument already appeared here and you might even be able to achieve a positive chnage by just adding some higher multipliers on some combos, or speeding one up and it might not even need a whole new moveset.

The problem of feedback removing just something is, if you suggest a more drastic change, like restricting waves to certain actions, you have to add to that, if you don't want to directly nerf it, and that can cause problems. Take channeling waves as an example. Channeling eats energy per hit, not per swing. Its currently already risky to channel at all with EB, since a single swing can take away huge amounts of energy, So to make that work you need channeling changes and then you must aks yourself should these be global changes to the channeling system or a special case for EB?

It kind of snowballs into a huge effort and I would call that impractical feedback if we aren't talking about huge reworks.

Even if you say then combos and we will use those combos already here, then you get to the nerf department, what is the pay-off for that restirciton? More blocking? Extra stats? It gets difficult to find solutions that are already here and the more you want to take away, the more you need to add.