Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkry And The New Event Melee Mods

tecreno

That isn't true. No-CP Excalibur can solo over a hour of T4S without using any capsules for around 40 minutes of it, I believe. After these 40 minutes you have to go into close combat, as waves just won't be enough anymore.

This just means that Excalibur is "more OP" than Valkyr, period.

And Valkyr has much higher close combat DPS, than Excalibur

Let me give you a hint: Close combat. Unable to hit distant units. Unable to hit flying units. Nullifiers. Drones.

More to it, only few warframes in the game can be as effective as Valkyr at enemy levels going higher than 80.

Well, I guess, let's nerf them too? Nert train full ahead!

Let me give you a hint: Close combat. Unable to hit distant units. Unable to hit flying units. Nullifiers. Drones.

I fail to see the logic behind your arguments. Against enemies of lvl 80+ Excalibur has to go into melee in the same exact fashion Valkyr does. Excalibur does not "fall behind after 30 minutes of T4S", despite starting to do Valkyr's thing while having less DPS and survivability, yet Valkyr somehow "falls behind".

I also fail to see the reasoning behind your interpretation of my words when you go pretty much 180 degrees on your previous statements just to have something to say - I simply stated that you are incorrect, salty, whiny and seemingly terrible at playing Valkyr if your Valkyr underperforms on merely 30 minutes of T4S.

I made no suggestions about any balance changes what so ever.

The new mods are insane damage boosts to melee weapons with moderate crit chance, so ofcourse also for exalted weapons.

When I thought about that. I would argue that hysteria is the only case where it might be a bit too much over the top. EB waves dont add to the combo counte,r so you would need to give up on a ranged playstyle, base damage is still very high but I would say that the trade off makes it still something you can tolerate.

Wukongs primal fury is the msot lacking of all 3 because of the low combo counter duration. Body count would fix that and bring it more in line and for the damage itself its similar to EB.

Valkyr however just gains. With a fully stacked blood rush you have 1420% of your base crit chance. As hysteria has a 50% crit chance thats 710% crit chance. Organ shatter gives a total crit multiplier of 3,8. So that results in 3,8 * 2^6 times damage or simply put you do roughly 243 times your base damage with a 10% chance of dealing 486 times damage (40% chance with true steel)..

Thats not counting the multiplicative 5 times damage from the max combo counter itself. Note that its far from 243 times current damage as it takes 2 modslots, needs to ramp up for ages and can drop, too

Still, in short the numbers would be bullS#&$. Like multiple million damage slide attacks and extremely funny finishers as it is 6400% for valkyr anyway.

But I would ask then, who cares? I mean armor scaling is so ridiculous that it doesnt even matter much. The time valkyr currently falls off bombards and heavy gunner have like 99,5% damage reduction upwards, so you're going for finshers anyway and a hysteria finsher is still gonna oneshot a level 300 bombard with enough power strength you can easily take and if you hit him for 3 times its hp pool or 30 times its hp pool does hardly matter at that point since you will be outscaled quickly, even slide attacks will fall off l350 and above, 700% crit or not.

She will surely kill almost until infinity with 4x CP but that situation is so niche and currently done with stuff like trin, mag (corpus), equinox that one more or less doenst matter and affects barely a visible number of players in the game.

Such stupid restrictions just lead to irritation and situations were poeple feel forced to either gimp their melee by using standard elemental/crit builds or gimp thier ultimate by having 2+ useless mods on your melee for it.

I rather have that one ability critting for bazillions in a completely out of bonds scenario than less fun and less diversity in the major parts of the game.

Edited by Raikh

Why do you even care about hitting flying things? They literally can't do anything to you.

If you think nullifier is problematic using Valkyr, it's l2p problem.

And I agree about nerf train should start rolling.