The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Linking Warframe With Steam?

CorerMaximus

Question

Hello! So I'm a bit new to Warframe. Everytime I open the game, I am prompted to bind my warframe account to my Steam account. I was just wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages to doing this. Also, my Steam account is not in USD, but rather INR. Will the ingame currency and purchases in game reflect this change if I do bind my account?

Also, how would I go about unbinding it at a later date should I choose to do so?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

what are the advantages and disadvantages to doing this. 

so, because you are already using Steam, there are no disadvantages (imo Steam itself s a disadvantage), but when you bind your Accounts you'd have the Steam Badges and you can buy the Steam Workshop Items directly from the Ingame Market...

Also, my Steam account is not in USD, but rather INR. Will the ingame currency and purchases in game reflect this change if I do bind my account?

It's unlikely that anything will change in that respect.

Also, how would I go about unbinding it at a later date should I choose to do so?

File a Support-Ticket and tell them that you'd like the accounts seperated.

I'm rather new to warframe myself, and i downloaded the game through the official warframe website. I just found out that it can be downloaded through steam, and if i do this, would i be able to log into my current account (This one, specifically) through the game downloaded by steam? Also; How would it work with the DLC packs for sale on steam (Mobilize pack, Rush pack, Firewalker pack, and lightning pack)? Would i be able to purchase them and add them to my current account i have through the official website?

I'm rather new to warframe myself, and i downloaded the game through the official warframe website. I just found out that it can be downloaded through steam, and if i do this, would i be able to log into my current account (This one, specifically) through the game downloaded by steam? Also; How would it work with the DLC packs for sale on steam (Mobilize pack, Rush pack, Firewalker pack, and lightning pack)? Would i be able to purchase them and add them to my current account i have through the official website?

You would be able to use the account you are currently using and if you bound it to your steam account you would be able to buy the bundles

Edited by Sanctusfortis

You would be able to use the account you are currently using and if you bound it to your steam account you would be able to buy the bundles

I'm in same boat as guy above. I never log into my steam account for my own personal reasons. However I've learned there are some decent well priced items on steam I'd like to have.

However, I want to keep the ability to just play through my desktop icon and not load into steam whenever I long on. Possible?

I'm in same boat as guy above. I never log into my steam account for my own personal reasons. However I've learned there are some decent well priced items on steam I'd like to have.

However, I want to keep the ability to just play through my desktop icon and not load into steam whenever I long on. Possible?

You do not load into steam whenever you log in (from the reg launcer(speaking from experience)