The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Become Prime?

Vurcades

Question

7 answers to this question

Im using Volt, If I become Volt Prime do I have to start over my level?

Yes.

Is there any special advantages if I become Prime?

Yes.

And how to become Prime?

Go to the Void, farm Prime Parts, build Prime, use Prime. Congratulations, you are Prime.

I heard from my friend that I can get the "Prime Blueprint" in the Void Planet, another friend said that I can become Prime from https://warframe.com/prime-access
Is there another way for becoming a Prime?

No.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

more info..

- the diff between normal and prime is tiny.  By the time you can farm 4 pieces of a new suit, you could have just farmed 2 forma and had pretty much the same result.   I don't stress over prime frames and focus on prime weapons instead.

- you have to figure out where each piece drops, including what wave of what mission for the wave type runs, and if not really well geared, you need a group to help, multiple keys, and some time to farm for it.  (same for weapons).

- you could buy it in the trading channel.  

- I argue that the answers are  yes, no*, farm or buy,  prime access for volt is over now I think (not sure how it works, never having bought it). 

* there is a slight advantage -- tiny increase in stats and "free" polarity slots (2, usually).  Its not *special*, just a small upgrade.  Its considered a NEW item so you get a fresh chunk of mastery points.

Edited by jonnin

more info..

- the diff between normal and prime is tiny.  By the time you can farm 4 pieces of a new suit, you could have just farmed 2 forma and had pretty much the same result.   I don't stress over prime frames and focus on prime weapons instead.

- you have to figure out where each piece drops, including what wave of what mission for the wave type runs, and if not really well geared, you need a group to help, multiple keys, and some time to farm for it.  (same for weapons).

- you could buy it in the trading channel.  

- I argue that the answers are  yes, no*, farm or buy,  prime access for volt is over now I think (not sure how it works, never having bought it). 

* there is a slight advantage -- tiny increase in stats and "free" polarity slots (2, usually).  Its not *special*, just a small upgrade.  Its considered a NEW item so you get a fresh chunk of mastery points.

The difference between Volt and Volt prime is actually huge stat-wise 15 armor compared to 100 and 100(150 at rank 30) energy compared to 200(300 at rank 30) 

When a new prime comes around the previous prime access is gone .

Edited by TheRealShade

Vurcades, 

Welcome to Warframe.  There's a lot to take in, but the previous posters in this thread have covered your questions.  For a game that focuses on shooting bad guys in the head, Warframe covers a TON of territory.  It's grindy, but then, most games have SOME form of grind in them.

As with any newer player, I recommend reading a guide.  I've had someone say that it is too long, but I promise you that if it is any shorter, it won't cover what a new player needs to know.

Is there another way for becoming a Prime?

There is a way!

First you need to touch the "All Spark". Than you need to put Matrix of Leadership into your chest. Than you will become Vurcades Prime.

Image of the Matrix of Leadership in spoilers:

MNzvRRq.jpg

To make sure: this is a joke :)

Farm the prime parts as others said or participate to prime access with money

Edited by carnaga