The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Difficult Is To Farm Prime Weapons/frames?

Gravitas2

Question

In particular, volt prime and boltor prime. I'm currently rank 5 and so far I haven't potatoed anything yet. I don't have any maxed out damage mods either(except pressure point and fury for melee). Would it be better to just trade with platinum?(I have 165 plat)

7 answers to this question

It depends on RNG. Sometimes you might get the part you want in a few runs, sometimes it may take 30 or 40 or more.

Certain warframes you can get away with not tatering but you will need stronger weapons to farm some of the missions, especially for boltor prime

No. Save your plat for warframe and weapon slots. 

You have a long way to go in this game and so much to do... and many intersect with each other.

For instance, in order to get the mods, resources and other rewards from alerts, you need to open up the star chart completely

and activate every node. This will enable more alerts and make sure you have access to them when they appear, otherwise you will need a taxi. Doing this will mean you will get some keys as rewards from all the missions you ran so you won't have to buy them. Plus you can put out extractors to gain additional resources without having to do anything. 

Also, by running all these missions, you will get tons of cores and duplicate mods which will help you rank up your mod collection. Remember that fusing like polarities together yields greater gains, so always fuse your extra mods that you don't need. This will save you some cores. However, you will need to keep two sets of mods for each weapon type, one for you and one for your sentinel. Concentrate on ranking up your's first, then your sentinels'.

You will also need to join syndicates and rank up with them, so remember to do this as early as possible and always keep your sigil on. Make sure to always have the sigil that grants the most affinity and don't buy anything else till you get to max rank. You will need some prime parts for this, though.

Join a good clan that will carry you for a little while and help you get what you need to be of use. This will also help you get clan specific tech from the dojo, which is good stuff.

This is for the well to do, but if you can afford it, always get the Prime Accessory Pack because you'll get: cool cosmetics, a bunch of plat and both a credit and affinity booster each lasting for 90 days. Those boosters will have you leveling up so fast while giving you the credits to keep building the gear you need/want.

Get a Similacrum key from Cephalon Simaris. This will help you pass mastery tests.

Make Recruitment and Alliance chats your home (check them frequently) and piggy back on all the void missions you can get into.

Start with this. I think once you have done all that I listed you will have mastered the game enough to know where to go from there.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

Very difficult.

I have been playing for a year now. The only prime frame I have so far is rhino prime, and it is completely a byproduct since I had not been actively farming it.

So don't farm the gear you want, because you are not going to get it.

Trade chat is full of people who sell parts at the price of whole sets.

Not very.

It's mostly a matter of void key availability, then getting out and doing the missions to get the parts.

It's not difficult, but it can be time consuming. Farm the keys to be able to farm the parts. You can attempt to rely on other tennos' good graces by joining void missions that drop things you want when they're looking for teammates. Many like key sharing, however, so you'd better have some appropriate keys.