The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Made New Build Guide! Check It Out!

MissingChromasomes

Question

10 answers to this question

These are more… I wanna say pro, but a pro depends on the player, so more of a focused build towards something. The Frost one focuses on Snow Globe, Chroma focuses on Vex Armor and Elemental Ward, and Trinity is Trinity. There's no need for Well of Life xD

To me, though, these are anti-fun builds. These are 1+ hour T4 Survival builds, which, admittedly, I don't do often because I don't find them enjoyable. They typically focus on a single ability, mainly the most used or most useful ability.

But I mean other people can take them as they are. I'll be sending the Chroma one to a mate because he's all about those numbers. But I most likely won't be taking anything from these, although you definitely taught me that Armor mods increase Health. That's something I've implemented into my Frost, but that's about it :P

Seeing as i use frost, you fail to mention that

-recasting snowglobe when inside a snowglobe you casted not only replaces that snowglobe, but also takes the old snowglobe's health and adds it to its own AND still has a 4 second absorb period where enemy damage to the globe is turned into health, meaning the strength and armor mods are more of a quality of life add-on than a necessity if you just refresh globe every 4 seconds or so

-if the full 4 person team is running Corrosive Projection, 200% power strength just to set the armor reduction to 80% for avalanche is redundant aa 4 corrosive projection auras already eliminate any need of it and if you're going to be in the mission for as long as possible, that damage is going to drop off, leaving you to rely on Avalanche to hold enemies still for 6.24 seconds than actually damaging when you end up being left to have your weapons do the talking for you.

-i would also argue he's not as squishy as you'd think if you put a mod or two into vitality/ redirection or go for a primed flow + quick thinking approach for Frost. Reason i mention quick thinking and primed flow is because you potentially have more surviveability from both as opposed to steel fiber+vitality or vitality + redirection while specific focus investments speed up your energy gain, and when coupled with Trinity and how snowglobe pushes enemies out on initial cast, it'll be very hard for you to die unless you aren't paying attention

-you also should mention handspring. Get knocked down and hostiles will be able to get free hits on you while you're geting up or even pull you into a dangerous spot. Handspring means you get up practically immediately so you don't give them that long of an opportunity and so you aren't getting dragged into a large group of enemies. That said there's also constitution, sure you get dragged a bit closer as opposed to handspring but you still get up relatively quick and you also get extra duration if you need more time to pick someone up, score some free shots, or even retreat to extraction. Yes, powerbdrift gives a 30% chance to resist knockdown but as a frost do you really want to roll with a 70% of getting dragged away/thrown out of globe and having to take a few seconds to get back up while out of the cover of your globe?

Edited by Cryozar

are you a member of digital extremes?

Lol no

Seeing as i use frost, you fail to mention that

-recasting snowglobe when inside a snowglobe you casted not only replaces that snowglobe, but also takes the old snowglobe's health and adds it to its own AND still has a 4 second absorb period where enemy damage to the globe is turned into health, meaning the strength and armor mods are more of a quality of life add-on than a necessity if you just refresh globe every 4 seconds or so

-if the full 4 person team is running Corrosive Projection, 200% power strength just to set the armor reduction to 80% for avalanche is redundant aa 4 corrosive projection auras already eliminate any need of it and if you're going to be in the mission for as long as possible, that damage is going to drop off, leaving you to rely on Avalanche to hold enemies still for 6.24 seconds than actually damaging when you end up being left to have your weapons do the talking for you.

-i would also argue he's not as squishy as you'd think if you put a mod or two into vitality/ redirection or go for a primed flow + quick thinking approach for Frost. Reason i mention quick thinking and primed flow is because you potentially have more surviveability from both as opposed to steel fiber+vitality or vitality + redirection while specific focus investments speed up your energy gain, and when coupled with Trinity and how snowglobe pushes enemies out on initial cast, it'll be very hard for you to die unless you aren't paying attention

-you also should mention handspring. Get knocked down and hostiles will be able to get free hits on you while you're geting up or even pull you into a dangerous spot. Handspring means you get up practically immediately so you don't give them that long of an opportunity and so you aren't getting dragged into a large group of enemies. That said there's also constitution, sure you get dragged a bit closer as opposed to handspring but you still get up relatively quick and you also get extra duration if you need more time to pick someone up, score some free shots, or even retreat to extraction. Yes, powerbdrift gives a 30% chance to resist knockdown but as a frost do you really want to roll with a 70% of getting dragged away/thrown out of globe and having to take a few seconds to get back up while out of the cover of your globe?

Wasn't really planning to use the guide as a how to play guy but noted. I'm just giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and assuming they know the basics of frost and to take advantage of the hyperarmor when rolling.

Rebecca and Megan aren't in brackets either, but they do work for DE

anyways, it was a rule way back in the beginning during the days of closed beta. i'm sure if it's not allowed someone in charge will ask you to change it.

Edited by Magicfingers

Rebecca and Megan aren't in brackets either, but they do work for DE

anyways, it was a rule way back in the beginning during the days of closed beta. i'm sure if it's not allowed someone in charge will ask you to change it.

I'd be more than happy to do so. Shouldn't be much of a problem. Thanks for the heads up anyway.