The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The Performance Optimization Is Horrendous.

Seabottom

i7 3820 @ 3,6 GHz

16GB 1600 MHz Ram

2x GTX 670 FTW (4GB) @ 1215 MHz

When ever there is a lot going on, say for example 40 enemies at one place in orokin void + a ton of visual effects and players, my framerate dips dramatically with 20-30 fps or something.

I had both task manager and MSI open to log the performance and in cases like the above, the GPU usage never exceeded 60% and cpu usage was at 15% at all times. 

All my settings are maxed and I never have problems with regular missions, but when we have particle effects, HBAO and such going on on that many objects at once the game simply struggles. 

Please optimize your game better. I don't even have max framerate ticked in settings and the GPU usage is still only 55%

It's completely attrocious. 

Ok I unparked my cores. Apparently I only had 2 which doesnt seem to make sense and then I checked game file integrety in steam. Apparently there were 50 files missing ~ 8 GB, so we'll see now. Funny how I could still play the game then.

Oh, don't use steam integrity tool -- you end up downloading the whole game all over again. Been there and done that :D

Warframe doesn't update through steam but via launcher so steam thinks the integrity is compromised. Verify the Warframe download cache with the tool provided by the launcher and I learned that by the hard way xD

GLZ9ppp.jpg

But now at-least you have a clean install of Warframe and I presume it helps to solve a-lot of problems :)

Edit: regarding your gaming rig it should be top-notch for warframe. Thought I have no idea how good support it has regarding SLI.

Edit2: from the launcher settings make sure you have ticked the "multi threaded rendering" on.

Edited by carnaga

The performance is very haphazard. Like I wrote before, I have a rig just a bit better than listed as minimum requirements one and the game works quite well even when things happen most of the time, but then suddenly it can completely freeze and/or crash my computer, even during a situation when absolutely nothing happens and in the same location it worked great a minute ago.

i7 3820 @ 3,6 GHz

16GB 1600 MHz Ram

2x GTX 670 FTW (4GB) @ 1215 MHz

When ever there is a lot going on, say for example 40 enemies at one place in orokin void + a ton of visual effects and players, my framerate dips dramatically with 20-30 fps or something.

I had both task manager and MSI open to log the performance and in cases like the above, the GPU usage never exceeded 60% and cpu usage was at 15% at all times. 

All my settings are maxed and I never have problems with regular missions, but when we have particle effects, HBAO and such going on on that many objects at once the game simply struggles. 

Please optimize your game better. I don't even have max framerate ticked in settings and the GPU usage is still only 55%

It's completely attrocious.

Game is not the problem and optimisation is very good. My rig is like five years old and I only change then video ,bcoz my old just die. So I run Phenom 2 x4 ,4Gb ram and Sapphire r-200 video on PC desctop and I have CollerMaster kit. I have average 60fps at 1920x1080 and everything maxed,CPU temp is like 45-48C and GPU temp 53-58C at room temp 25-28C . Compare my rig to yours,eh your is like 200% faster. Maybe is all about SLI/SLI driver or overtemps,but in my opinion the problem is in your rig,not a game bad optimisation.

Forgive my english.

I don't know, Performance seems to be running just as good as before. Just occasionally and seemingly randomly I will get extreme lag for no reason, talking about 5-10 fps lasting for about 1-2 seconds. I thought maybe it was the HDD doing something weird, but I checked in power management and it is set to never sleep. I don't think network can be the issue either as that would be a different kind of lag.

I don't know, Performance seems to be running just as good as before. Just occasionally and seemingly randomly I will get extreme lag for no reason, talking about 5-10 fps lasting for about 1-2 seconds. I thought maybe it was the HDD doing something weird, but I checked in power management and it is set to never sleep. I don't think network can be the issue either as that would be a different kind of lag.

I can confirm this: The occasional and short performance fps dip's while running a mission - specially those endless-missions types.  For the curiosity I ran Draco in Ceres and an Uranus Defense mission. I wrote this to another thread but here is the copy-paste about what I found:

For the curiosity I ran Draco in Ceres. And I experienced a minor fps drops which lasts for 1-2 seconds and usually it occurs when enemies spawn to those small rooms. I'm not sure is it with specific enemy cause this doesn't happen always. it's kinda similar effect as with Acolytes when they froze or dip your fps when they spawned. Regarding Acolytes it was fixed with hotfix couple days later.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601492-anyone-else-getting-dc-as-client-when-an-acolyte-spawns/

The same fps dip appears when I'm on Uranus Defense missions: you have a moving target you need to protect (eg. in Sortie). When a round ends and the target teleports to next location, I get 1-2 sec fps dip - presumably just when the first enemies spawn. It doesn't happen on every round. Video is kinda boring to watch but you see the timing when those fps dips appear. First dip comes after @1:20 the second one after @5:16.

In gpu-z the dip looks like this (marked part is the FPS dip/freeze/choke/drop <-- what ever you want to call it. And this is from Draco run:

If8bcyo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/If8bcyo.jpg

The last fps dip at right side of the graph is loading screen after finishing the mission followed alt-tabbing to desktop to take a screenshot. Blue line is when you have 3D application running and Graphics card utilizes it's full power over the 2d applications.

And I'm using the latest nVidia Game Ready Drivers v. 361.75 aka "Rise of The Tomb Raider" drivers. Otherwise game runs perfectly.

If needed I can provide more info about my system and ee.log files.

Than I did some changes and ran the Draco again (I disabled Steam Broadcasting where your friends - if they want - can watch your gameplay). And sat the GPU to performance mode from nVidia settings and forced GPU to handle physx over the automatic settings. But no fps dips in these couple Draco runs (in spoilers). Not sure is this just a coincidence. 

The wide continued blue line is where I ran Draco. Wide parts of grey are when I'm in desktop. Narrow grey parts at the beginning and end of the blue line are when game is loading a map. :) When you experience the fps dip, you see it as narrow line in the middle of the mission.

First run with 4 players. No fps dips in there.

http://i.imgur.com/QUK20J5.jpg

QUK20J5.jpg

Second run with 2 players. No fps dips in here either. It was kinda hard to find missions with people. Ppl left the party and squad was disbanded two times before I finally could start the Draco.

http://i.imgur.com/WBOPm9o.jpg

WBOPm9o.jpg

Third run with full squad - no fps dip:

http://i.imgur.com/YXHF1J5.jpg

YXHF1J5.jpg

These graphs just tell that there is no weird things happening in the GPU: voltage is stable, heat is stable, power consumption, Bus load etc are stable. I've set the indicators show the MAX value's.

Edit: added 3rd run in Draco. Gonna check how sorties go :)

Edited by carnaga

From what has been posted, there may still be further bugs/glitches with enemy spawning and graphic/texture changes that are contributing to these performance issues.

The mod station on the ship has really bad low-res textures on parts of it.  I made a bug report on it earlier.

I'd love for DE to at least acknowledge these performance troubles across a wide variety of hardware and other settings and realize they can be directly attributed to recent hotfixes from 18.4.2 and onward.

Edited by FreshNinja007