The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Help Deciding On A Secondary

zerohooots

Question

Hey Guys,

Im in the progress on getting a good secondary weapon. Im obviously limited on my formas and I dont want to waste them I need some help deciding.

Im not exactly looking at status/crit builds or whatever - I just need a reliable Secondary which can handle higher level Enemies.

The Weapons I tried so far are Vaykor Marelok, Atomos and Lex Prime.

Maybe I also should say that I have no Primed Mods yet.

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

Hey Guys,

Im in the progress on getting a good secondary weapon. Im obviously limited on my formas and I dont want to waste them I need some help deciding.

Im not exactly looking at status/crit builds or whatever - I just need a reliable Secondary which can handle higher level Enemies.

The Weapons I tried so far are Vaykor Marelok, Atomos and Lex Prime.

Maybe I also should say that I have no Primed Mods yet.

Thanks!

The Vaykor Marelok and Lex Prime are really going to be the only two reliable end-game weapons, beyond a doubt.

Get the Sonicor. Rag-doll enemies, not because it's efficient (even though it really, really is), but just because you can. You won't regret it.

A weapon I'm slowly growing to love is the AkMagnus. It has a pretty decent Crit and Status Chance (25% each), which does help the damage and viability of it, but it's entirely a personal choice.

I would also recommend the Synoid Gammacor. It's another personal favorite, but between the Magnetic Proc, 25% Energy Pool Restore, and a beam that melts, it's really great.

Lots of good choices here.  Problem I can see, is that you say that you don't want to waste forma.  What does that mean...?  No forma at all into your secondary or just want to invest into just one?  Because to get a secondary anywhere near endgame level (or any weapon for that matter), you are going to have to invest at least 3-5 forma (most cases).

That being said, here are my choice for secondaries in order of my preference: 1)sonicor (5 forma), 2) vaycor marelock or status builds or lex prime for straight damage (5 forma), 3 synoid gammacor (3 forma)

To me atamos isn't really great for  endgame.  It does well (with ruinous extension) against infested and lower to mid tier enemies.  It can hit multiple enemies at a time, making it a fan favorite.  Although if you want to hit multiple enemies at one time go with the sonicor.  It has good CC and does pretty good damage when modded correctly.  All the others are single target weapons that can deal great damage.

Hope that helps.  Between the five mentioned weapons, it's going to come down to your play style and personal preference, so chose wisely.

I always try to add something to my primary. Two examples:

Primary: Vaykor Hek

Since my primary is a high damage, mostly single target weapon with a syndicate proc that heals me, my secondary will be something that CCs. For instance, the Sonicor.

Primary: Synoid Simulor

Since my primary is a high damage gun with CC with a syndicate proc that replenishes energy, I use a single target gun with a syndicate proc that heals me: Vaykor Marelok.

Secondary weapons that I use most, Despair, Spira, Vaykor Marelok, and the Sancti Castannas.

Despair have been my go to weapon before damage 2.0 was even released, they are absolutely amazing.

Spira are insane to, with a good build, and the right set ups, they can take down some decent leveled enemies (I easily handle Sortie 2 enemies in 1-2 shots with all the ones I listed,2-3 shots for sortie 3, and only about 2 forma on either of them)

I always try to add something to my primary. Two examples:

Primary: Vaykor Hek

Since my primary is a high damage, mostly single target weapon with a syndicate proc that heals me, my secondary will be something that CCs. For instance, the Sonicor.

Primary: Synoid Simulor

Since my primary is a high damage gun with CC with a syndicate proc that replenishes energy, I use a single target gun with a syndicate proc that heals me: Vaykor Marelok.

^ qft.

OP, you've already had the top tier choices in your hands.  Only things I can recommend are the Sonicor, and the Kulstar and Hikou Prime if self damage doesn't bother you.  A Sonicor without forma will get you through level 100 sorties on the strength of its CC alone, though the damage dropoff is really noticeable.  Like Hammerspace said though, your weapons should be a package deal - if you go with the Sonicor, a high damage primary should definitely be part of your loadout.

PS:  If you're trying to decide what to forma, instead of saving forma for other projects, I'd definitely go with the Vaykor Marelok.  The proc heals and opens to finishers, and while it's not the pocket sniper delete button that Lex Prime is, the proc really rounds it out.  Easy 100% status chance gives it pretty solid scaling too.  It's also way cheaper than the Atomos to max out.

The Vaykor Marelok and Lex Prime are really going to be the only two reliable end-game weapons, beyond a doubt.

Very true. They are the most reliable secondaries you can possibly bring into game atm, even without the Primed Crit Mods. You will be doing great just with these 2 weapons.

Other than the above suggestion of Sonicor / Synoid Gammacor / Kulstar, which are also good as well, I suggest using Brakk if you have a chance to grab a set from G3.

The shougun mechanism on Brakk is devastating on close range, apart from the experience of VM & Lex P which are sort of mid-to-long range.