The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Fudged?

_CoRDS_.NP-Hard

Question

So, I've been running a maxed RJ Excal for a while now, occasionally chewing up cruddy weapons by ranking them in Draco before ditching them.  I completed second dream, got a greater lens, and dropped it on my excal - not really thinking about the Draco angle, but just because it's my main frame.

Well, it's seemed like stuff hasn't been ranking as quickly since then, but today was the kicker: 3 rounds slow, 1 round fast, went in with Vulkar Wraith (9) and Ballistica (10) and left with a 13 and 16, respectively.  Not quite what I was hoping for.

Anyone else experience similar?  Is this a byproduct of lensing my Excal?

8 answers to this question

When you get a kill with a frames ability 100% of the affinity goes to the frame. When you get a kill with a weapon 50% goes to the weapon and 50% goes to the frame. When a ally gets a kill the affinity is split evenly between all your currently equipped gear. Think about this when you are leveling something.

Ability DMG dealer = Exp into the frame = focus = syndicate rep.

Buffer, EV, Leecher or whatever = Exp into wpns, frames, sentinels, everything. = no rep = no focus.

Only exp you got was from kills with EV, or some kills what your mates did.

Because any and all excess Affinity is put through a filter first.

That filter is the Warframe.

All kills with everything that isn't a Warframe will feed 50% of Affinity to Warframe

All kills with Warframe will feed 100% to Warframe.

Yur essentially not leveling yur weapons AT ALL.

The Affinity yur weapons get are prolly end of mission bonuses or meager Affinity yur team is earning due to yur RJ genocide. 

Uh, I feel like this must have changed?  Like I said, I've been RJing for a while, but not within about a month.  I used to be able to take three weapons and level them all to 30 in 4 slow rounds.  So, I'm wondering, am I not seeing the results I used to because of the focus lens I've put into my Excal, or some other reason?

Uh, I feel like this must have changed? Like I said, I've been RJing for a while, but not within about a month. I used to be able to take three weapons and level them all to 30 in 4 slow rounds. So, I'm wondering, am I not seeing the results I used to because of the focus lens I've put into my Excal, or some other reason?

Nope.

When you get a kill with a frames ability 100% of the affinity goes to the frame. When you get a kill with a weapon 50% goes to the weapon and 50% goes to the frame. When a ally gets a kill the affinity is split evenly between all your currently equipped gear. Think about this when you are leveling something.

This rly summs it up. You must've gotten more kills then your teammates on these rounds but that's about it. Just use the weapons you level, don't equip anything else (less objects= more xp for each part as the coding doesn't rly care about wasted affinity) and rely on your team for the best leveling experience. Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108