The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime Build

WimmelSan

Question

Hi all, 

Been playing Warframe for 3-4 weeks now and really enjoying my Rhino Prime and Mirage, this question though is about Rhino.

I still have a lot beginner mods and am wondering which rare mods i should start looking for. Been reading a lot of different builds, but somehow none of them matches my taste, i guess its just me and not those builds :).

What i am looking for is being able to do 8+ rounds in survival on tower missions, and to build further from there. I love to use the CC from Stomp but also love to deal damage as melee.

Gear I use:

Primary: Boar Prime, loving it.

Secondary: Lex Prime, does the job but not much used.

Melee: Orthos Prime, again, loving it, specially the fact it takes out Drones as well.

Pet: Carrier, I like the vacuum skill a lot, makes me forget about looties, thats something for after the fight.

Somehow i don't channel a lot, mostly i go in and start "slice and dice" things, Stomping when needed and using Roar for our damage boast. The builds i read were somehow always without vitality and redirection, which make me shiver...

My question to the experienced Rhino players, what build would you recommend me, taking my playstyle into consideration? Its ok if it takes a few forma, got multiple in stock from playing tower missions.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Edited by WimmelSan

8 answers to this question

I use my Rhino alot. Bearing in mind that its all opinion based, i tend to take high rank shield and armor mods, then go for good power and energy efficiency mods. Continuity suffers like this, so you get less CC from your stomp and less time on roar, but you get a strong Iron skin and can use stomp as more of a nuke. You dont really need health mods if you have a good iron skin, and the shield will protect you when your iron skin runs out and you need to re-cast (though you could go without). Generally i'd advise some sort of speed mod, as rhino is abit slow.

Mod wise, look to get more corrupted mods. These will realy let you shape your builds in specific directions.

I use this on mine

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_0400023030_4-0-5-5-4-5-12-5-10-19-1-10-34-8-5-384-7-3-472-3-3-479-2-10-481-6-10_4-9-19-7-479-14-472-9-5-9-12-8-481-7-384-9-34-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-23

You charge into a group of mobs and ironclad will give you an armor bonus per mob you hit and then pop your iron skin making rhino an actual end game tank with out having to have a high amount of power. The build also allows for roar and stomp to be effective.

Iron Shrapnel is just so you can recast your iron skin when your iron skin starts to get low and then you just repeat. Charge + iron skin + Recast when it gets low and you can go 40min+ T4S taking 0 damage.

Edited by mrwald0

I use my Rhino alot. Bearing in mind that its all opinion based, i tend to take high rank shield and armor mods, then go for good power and energy efficiency mods. Continuity suffers like this, so you get less CC from your stomp and less time on roar, but you get a strong Iron skin and can use stomp as more of a nuke. You dont really need health mods if you have a good iron skin, and the shield will protect you when your iron skin runs out and you need to re-cast (though you could go without). Generally i'd advise some sort of speed mod, as rhino is abit slow.

Mod wise, look to get more corrupted mods. These will realy let you shape your builds in specific directions.

Thanks, you got a build setup woth those corrupted mods? At this moment i only got fleeting expertise from the corrupted mods.

I use this on mine

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_0400023030_4-0-5-5-4-5-12-5-10-19-1-10-34-8-5-384-7-3-472-3-3-479-2-10-481-6-10_4-9-19-7-479-14-472-9-5-9-12-8-481-7-384-9-34-14-f-f_0/en/1-0-23

You charge into a group of mobs and ironclad will give you an armor bonus per mob you hit and then pop your iron skin making rhino an actual end game tank with out having to have a high amount of power. The build also allows for roar and stomp to be effective.

Iron Shrapnel is just so you can recast your iron skin when your iron skin starts to get low and then you just repeat. Charge + iron skin + Recast when it gets low and you can go 40min+ T4S taking 0 damage.

I got told not to focus too much on iron skin as it tends to get worse on higher levels, you agree on this or?

I got told not to focus too much on iron skin as it tends to get worse on higher levels, you agree on this or?

I agree with that if you are just doing a power strength iron skin build with out the syndicate mods, but doing an ironclad/iron shrap, iron skin build makes rhino into the tank that he should be with out needing syndicate mods.

Most people don't actually know that the syndicate mods make rhino into an amazing tank, so that is why they don't suggest you to build for iron skin. I have no problem going 60+min in T4S with other people using that build that i linked. Pretty much always have the lowest damage taken on the team as well, since you don't take damage while iron skin is active.

This will explain it for you. (Not my video)

Edited by mrwald0

Do you stomp a lot with this build? It seems very energy comsuming.

I don't spam it if that is what you mean. I only use it when someone is downed or if there is a large group of mobs around and i need to recast my iron skin. I also use Zenuirk though and get 4mana/sec with energy overflow all game so that helps as well, but you always have energy restores as well. I don't really see the point of spamming stomp all game anyway, it's best just to use it when you or you team really need that cc control. You could always switch Blind Rage for Trans fort for that extra Eff, but not really needed for my play style.

I agree with that if you are just doing a power strength iron skin build with out the syndicate mods, but doing an ironclad/iron shrap, iron skin build makes rhino into the tank that he should be with out needing syndicate mods.

Most people don't actually know that the syndicate mods make rhino into an amazing tank, so that is why they don't suggest you to build for iron skin. I have no problem going 60+min in T4S with other people using that build that i linked. Pretty much always have the lowest damage taken on the team as well, since you don't take damage while iron skin is active.

This will explain it for you. (Not my video)

Thanks for the additional explanation and complementary video.