The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Recommended To Add Argon Scope And Bladed Rounds To All Primaries Now?

Felix5314

Question

9 answers to this question

No. The regular crit chance and crit damage mods are higher in some cases, and the mods only apply while aiming. Point strike for example is 150%, vs 135% on Argon Scope. They're mostly for stacking and using both at the same time I think.

Body Count and Blood Rush on the other hand...

Edited by VKhaun

more wepon have base crit chance and multi more will benefits from new mods...but u still have choice only for 1 of this mods....cz u really wish shred on most wepons too

Yep. This guy gets it.

Crit weapons have 6 locked slots (base damage, multishot, crit chance, crit damage, 1 elemental combo). The next two slots are the ones where you can fit stuff in. The problem is that, due to this game's design, not slotting a punchtrough mod is a very bad idea. Right now the only weapons that can pass on punchtrhough mods are:

- bows / weapons with innate punchtrhough

- thrown weapons with concealed explosives

- explosives

- some backup sniper guns (ie: i use the Lex as a one.clip wonder and thus i went max damage)

So basically you'd have to slot apunchthrough mod making 7 locked slots. At that point you can go with either Heavy Caliber, a third element, Argon Scope, or Bladed Rounds, depending on preference, the gun considered, and whether or not you have Arcane Avenger.

It rather depends.

Even one more enemy hit is a 100% bonus damage for that shot, hardly a small boost.

Also, if we're talking about optimising damage that means the build is geared towards endless missions, an in endless missions even solo at some point the enemies start to saturate large areas in big clumps. At that point not having punchthrough is crippling your kill ratio.