The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Higher Tiers Of Crit

Capetoider

Question

I was playing melee trying to figure out how useful is the new melee mods (Body Count / Blood Rush) and it's awesome... the only thing I've been wondering is... 

Yellow crit

Red crit

Super red crit

Super duper red crit

Hyper red crit

Hyper mega red crit...

And it just keep going...

as long as you can increase the combo counter, with base 40%, at combo 5x you would be having like... 400-500% crit chance... 

Trying to break the game, I did a high eff+str excalibur with slash dash aug with my atterax and with little effort was doing consistently 5-15k red crits...

(The trick is to use the aug to get like... +10 to combo counter with each enemy hit (i'm guessing, or it's by cast if it hits at least one, don't remember) and then hitting 400 combos  is easy, I myself got to like... 2500 combo, and then have some trouble staying alive with so many toxic auras, FIY at combo 4,5x-5x the damage from the slash is just not worth anymore =/ just attacking with melee does like 2x-4x the damage)

I don't have (yet) the shadow step from naramon, but I'm seeing that it is indeed... a strong choice...

I do have one questions, those tiers of crit... for the crit damage, they would multiply the base or the last tier?

like, is it 2x > 4X > 8x > 16x or 2x > 3x > 4x > 5x ...

I was just having some fun and can't really tell, because the numbers were so big... (and for some reason, really inconsistent... like, from 5k to 20k... maybe because of healers, but... oh well... one hitting everything can't complain... probably if I forma the aura slot, and then use some antitoxin I could negate the toxic and increase my survival+naramon ofc)

Already a block of text, might as well ask one more thing: I heard that Loki invis gives something like 4x bonus to melee or something... does it affect all invisibility abilities? Ivara, Shade, Huras and Shadow Step from Naramon Included? or it's the master race only?

PS: People are talking about blue crits, or pink crits... or rainbow crits or whatever...

WHY?

If anything, change the red to orange and then the new tier to red!

That way: Yellow > Orange > Red!

10 answers to this question

I do have one questions, those tiers of crit... for the crit damage, they would multiply the base or the last tier?

like, is it 2x > 4X > 8x > 16x or 2x > 3x > 4x > 5x ...

It goes like this 1x > 2x > 3x > 4x > ...

Remember to decrease by 1 after multiplication.

Ex: Your weapon has base crit multiplier of 3.2x.

1x (yellow crit): Crit multiplier = 3.2x.

2x (red crit): Crit multiplier = 5.4x.

3x (red crit): Crit multiplier = 8.6x.

4x (red crit): Crit multiplier = 11.8x.

Already a block of text, might as well ask one more thing: I heard that Loki invis gives something like 4x bonus to melee or something... does it affect all invisibility abilities? Ivara, Shade, Huras and Shadow Step from Naramon Included?

For Ivara, Shade, Huras, yes, tested with Redeemer. Not sure about Naramon, but I assume it is the same.

Edited by Runtowin

"pink crits" not crits actually, pink damage appears when there are many Shield ospreys and Meg press 2 =)

That's purple, y'know, the 400-450nm, not... Wait...

At any rate, Mag*, and these are called Overshields, and enemies shouldn't have access to them (as e.g. Ospreys simply give +shields, not overshields).

Edited by Mofixil

i'd like a transparent crit, it hits so hard that it goes quantum and you either damage them or heal them and then ripping out that NPC for all eternity in all probable realities.

I agree with this, just because I'd like to reference all my weapons as a Blessing Cannon from the Doom Wad "TheSkyMayBe". Where the BFG 9000, now referred to as the "Blessing Cannon" and deals damage in the billions. Due to integer overflow, this has the potential to "bless" the target, rendering them immortal.

Edited by Dojutrek

I've seen enemies enemies with overshields, the cause is most likely because they have shield and health value before the former is actually calculated, so it results in enemies having X out of 0 shields that quickly gets updated to X out of X shields, making them typical shields instead of a overshield placeholder.

But that's just my thesis.

At any rate, I'm yet to see an enemy actually roam with overshields for extended periods of times, disturbed or not.

Edited by Mofixil