Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Solo Shadow Debt Final Challenger?

AnAngryHorde

Question

I'm having some serious issues with my internet connection (we're supposed to get a minimum of 45MB/s, and we're getting 0.4), and out of probably 15 or so attempts I've only managed to stay connected to the squad for the duration of the game once [Alad V died part way through the final wave :( ], so it's looking like the only way I'm going to be able to get the vulkar wraith is if I get it solo...

So, what's the best way of defending a guy who won't stay in the safety of Frost's snow globe? Is there a frame that's specially suited to the task, or any weapons in particular that are going to work better?

11 answers to this question

I solo'd the whole thing with Atlas. Got a really good melee weapon as main and had a backup shotgun. Used his Atlas's golems to take aggro off Alad V while he dilly dallied around, just focused cleaning up the stragglers ignoring the golems and targeting him. Though having lots of energy restores (or a flow mod) on are highly recommended.

Edited by TayTay

If you don't mind dragging the mission out a bit longer, you could go as a max range Mirage with decent duration and just spam Prism to blind all enemies on the map to slowly pick them off one by one. Just be careful when you face off Misery when he hits 33% HP as he will summon a group of Violences and Angsts that can easily kill unprepared players.

Zenurik avalanche frost focusing on 70-75% efficiency with just enough duration and at least overextended did yhe trick for me. Then again i only went to 15 and was with one valkyr clanmate whom i gave permission to ham all the things while i babysit and then we left because it was late....

Haven't had much time to try it out but how does excal fare in endurance? I imagine a blind build would do really well

Well, I soloed 15 waves as Excal without using energy restores. 20 might be a bit tricky, but doable. Alad V can take some beating while you slice things open. RB helps when he starts to take too much of a beating. Misery himself makes an idiotic mistake of allowing Excal to stack a combo on him. The only problem you might face is Violence silencing you.

Edited by Epsik-kun

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! Unfortunately my internet broke completely after I posted and I haven’t even been able to launch the game again until today, when I found the event was over (and I only have 12 hours left of my 50 day milestone), so that's very disappointing.

Still, good suggestions, and I've got some builds to try out :)