The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Advice

(PSN)Dawncraftian

Question

Hey, I have been playing Warframe for a good while and have a decent collection of frames/mods, BUT I am having trouble right now in deciding which of my frames to main and what builds to use. Builds have always been a problem for me and I just chucked something on that was gold and had a fancy name.

My current frames are:

Ember Prime

Frost Prime

Rhino Prime (building)

Nekros (building)

Atlas

Nyx Prime

Volt Prime

Nova Prime

Excalibur

Mag Prime

Limbo 

Ash Prime

Valkyr

Zephyr

I like high dps/stealth so I have been considering Nyx, Ash, or Loki who I am looking for. I also enjoy support but I need resources to build my Trinity Prime.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

4 answers to this question

I advise you to go read the warframe wiki and closely, slowly read up on the various abilities and how to maximize them. Often it's not very obvious, such as "Range" for Nova's molecular prime does not do what you might think.

As for "maining" some WF, I see that a lot of people seem to do this, but it makes little sense to me. I see them more like tools and the missions as jobs. What tool works best for the job at hand? And teamwork as well. Defense cries for Frost, but not 4 of them.

Having versatility is powerful. EV Trin, Mirage, Banshee, Nekros, Loki, Nova, Frost, Mag and Valkyr would probably be on my top list. Pilfering Swarm Hydroid is nice too. 

I advise you to go read the warframe wiki and closely, slowly read up on the various abilities and how to maximize them. Often it's not very obvious, such as "Range" for Nova's molecular prime does not do what you might think.

As for "maining" some WF, I see that a lot of people seem to do this, but it makes little sense to me. I see them more like tools and the missions as jobs. What tool works best for the job at hand? And teamwork as well. Defense cries for Frost, but not 4 of them.

Having versatility is powerful. EV Trin, Mirage, Banshee, Nekros, Loki, Nova, Frost, Mag and Valkyr would probably be on my top list. Pilfering Swarm Hydroid is nice too. 

Pretty much this.

Also try to get yourself a Loki Prime, he is a master of stealth and great support (taking range away from the enemy) 

As for "maining" some WF, I see that a lot of people seem to do this, but it makes little sense to me. I see them more like tools and the missions as jobs.

While this is true, people refer as "i main X warframe" to talk about the warframe they pick when no specific frame is needed.

As for the OP, i would recommend you to try to get Ivara.

She's a pain in the *ss to obtain but she is forced to play on stealth (because she's a crisps) and she has great damage and a lot of great abilities (she can pickpocket / put ziplines / put many enemies asleep / turn teamates invisible)

Edited by Trichouette

While this is true, people refer as "i main X warframe" to talk about the warframe they pick when no specific frame is needed.

As for the OP, i would recommend you to try to get Ivara.

She's a pain in the *ss to obtain but she is forced to play on stealth (because she's a crisps) and she has great damage and a lot of great abilities (she can pickpocket / put ziplines / put many enemies asleep / turn teamates invisible)

Ivara is one ive been grinding for. I grabbed the systems and am on my way to the chassis.

Thanks for the advice everyone, ive been taking a look on the wiki and checking out some of my frames :)