Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purchasing Frames And Drop Rates.

Spirokeat

I think it is reasonable to say that there is a lot of tension over this right now whether the drop rates are bugged or people just being suspicious of any activity that the easy way out from is to pay RL cash for.

I have a slightly different perspective. I'm probably on the upper end of casual playtime now, I have a family and can only put a few hours per night with more at weekends. I'm a keen supporter of developers and have no issue subscribing to games or paying cash for things I want but with one caveat. I still want to enjoy progression. For example.

My group of 3 players started on warframe a month or so ago. We initially spent out plat for founding on the various frames that suited all our playstyles and each bought weapons that we wanted without much regard to stats etc as we usually focus on style and feel rather than min/max. We opened up most planets over the subsequent months but as soon as the option to reset came along we took it and decided to play by trying to aquire everything via missions or in-game creds in a kind of self imposed hardcore mode.

Now it may well be that a re-adjustment of the drop rates for blueprints, rare mats and alerts will smooth the game along for us but at the moment our progression has ground to a halt since U8. In the last 2 weeks we've seen 1 reactor alert and more or less nothing else but cash ones. Rare materials and blueprints have all but disapeared preventing us from making new normal weapons and frame parts. The void whilst beautiful is an hollow waste of our time for anything other than the fun of fighting which has merit in and of itself. Now I have plat and I could spend it to ease our gameplay but here's the thing.

I'm not averse to buying things but I'd like to still be able to work towards some kind of progression with it. If I spend plat I don't necessarily want whatever it is to come with a reactor or a catalyst. If I'm working towards making a frame and after 3 or 4 days of grinding for it I'm still missing a part or I'm just ready to move on from that mob I don't want to have to abandon having that frame and buy it with potato insitu.

If you can buy a frame outright why can't I buy it without a catalyst or use plat to replace a missing component in the foundry to get myself going on making it. I certainly think this should be an option for standard equipment with the primes or cosmetic differences being loot only.

Tl:dr?

Let us buy frames without potatoes and buy parts for non prime equipment individually to allow the choice for how long to grind at a goal.

I support this and agree, I´m not really casual since I have pretty much everything but the dojo researched and a few melee weapons maxed. But the idea of being able to just plat buy "those damn systems" I mean spending 4 runs to get 2 of the 3 items and then a week getting the last gets pretty annoying (that was my experience with my much loved trinity)

or buying warframes/weapons without the potato and even the weapon/warframe slot would be really nice. I´m not saying they should be the entire price of the potato cheaper, but maybe cut 10-15 plat off the price for a full frame without the taters, even if 20 plat was cost it would be fine. I mean 55 plat for excal/loki/volt it´s just cheap enough that you wanna put in 5 dollars to grab two of them so you have 3 frames from the get go of the game :) (50 starting plat + 75, enough to buy two + have a little candy cash)

wall of text :D

TLDR: I agree.

It just makes sense. Especially if the item in question is available in the store fully loaded for plat. I could understand if it was a drop only item like a prime but forcing you to grind beyond what is reasonable for your own individual circumstance is perverse.

Plus it could actually make them more money if they priced the individual parts up so that they cost more than an outright pruchase. But it would be choice, which is the most important thing for each persons situation.

Warframe blueprints is easiest thing that u can get from drop.

Catalyst cost 20 plat and i got 1 from alerts in 3 weeks.

Warframes cost 300 plat and got all of them in about ~1h farm for each(except for vauban & frost prime)

Yeah go cry about rates.

Edited by Keetsune

When I say Warframe blueprints I use that as a catch all for component part blueprints. I thought that was obvious??

I know catalysts cost 20 plat. The point I was making is that I want the option to work towards getting one should I so desire. I already HAVE the option of buying one. Same goes for reactors.

You got all the warframes in a 1h farm each? Wow, you must play fast. Maybe DE could award you a special medal.

You got all the warframes in a 1h farm each? Wow, you must play fast. Maybe DE could award you a special medal.

Nah, just u are slowpoke. 

And i wouldn't refuse to take that medal trollface.gif

Edited by Keetsune

*chuckle*.

That's kinda the point though. Being able to consume the content at your own pace and how you want to.

I'm actually suggesting something which would make DE more money potentially and allow people to enjoy progression without bottle necks on items that are buyable anyway.

Let me buy frames without potato's, weapons without catalysts and when I'm done on a mob. Let me buy what bits I'm missing.

Irrelevant to the point at hand. My suggestion is aimed at allowing people with more casual playtime have a sense of progress without having to buy fully loaded frames and weapons. I'm not suggesting non plat buyable items be made available to part purchase.

And I disagree with your suggestion anyway I think it is fairly uncontroversial that materials have become rarer and alerts have been thin on the ground too.