The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo

RakuyoExcelsior

Question

Hey, how long can a solo player survive?

I mean I freaking love the grind. I'm a weird one just like that, but I love games in which you at least have the option to grind. Needless to say I like to push the limits of my warframe in every defense mission I can.

But I recently learned that certain aspects of the game are locked behind the clan. What is a clan? Why should I join a clan? Can I ignore the clan in the long run? Are the benefits substantial, such as being unable to fully develop your account without joining a clan?

General clan thread to help a new player I guess. Thanks

11 answers to this question

There are dozens of weapons, some sentinels and warframes that you need to be in a clan to build. But of course, you always have the option to create your own clan, all alone. It's just going to take a lot more work that way, but hey, you say you like grinding so that might be for you.

Make your own clan, but remember this is a Coop game, being a total solo player is the hardest way to do things. A Youtuber called Genna made a 30 min video about how grindy Warframe is because she tried to make Mirage as her first frame. All alone, without talk with no one, without a clan, without wiki help or even trade or PUG. In a Coop Multiplayer game. And she demanded that Warframe needs to suport this type of gameplay. So dont make the same mistake.

Im a solo player too but I accepted the risk and the elevated grind, I knew that would be hard to do things all alone. But Im still here, 2 years and 6 months.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

I saw her video after seeing TBs take on warframe. Well that is not a problem for me. I like grinding but I also play smart because I use whatever resources are available to me and don't expect everything to fall in my lap for just existing. I only play for a week and I already made more progress than my friend who plays for more than 6 months, because even now he doesn't know where or how to find blueprints, so he is stuck with his first warframe and only has a couple of weapons, all maxed out.

Anyway my question is answered, thanks. I didn't know you can make a clan all on your own to unlock the additional stuff. Still, I am considering joining a clan because some of the best friends I have today I made years and years ago in WOW or other online games.

How do I go around joining a clan? Do I just ask in chat?

I saw her video after seeing TBs take on warframe. Well that is not a problem for me. I like grinding but I also play smart because I use whatever resources are available to me and don't expect everything to fall in my lap for just existing. I only play for a week and I already made more progress than my friend who plays for more than 6 months, because even now he doesn't know where or how to find blueprints, so he is stuck with his first warframe and only has a couple of weapons, all maxed out.

Anyway my question is answered, thanks. I didn't know you can make a clan all on your own to unlock the additional stuff. Still, I am considering joining a clan because some of the best friends I have today I made years and years ago in WOW or other online games.

How do I go around joining a clan? Do I just ask in chat?

Yep, ask them to invite you or ask for a clan in the recruitment tab.

you can do almost everything solo, if you want to... i did (well, lvling things is faster in groups, but ... meh)

i am mr20 (2 more items and i'll be mr21), i have my own solo clan with all research complete (and almost all colors complete). i bought plat at one point, but i only ever spent it on cosmetics and i now have more than i initially bought through trades. so, if you really want to, you most certainly can do it alone.

the notable exception seems to be raids. never went to one... maybe i will one day, but since i actually completed ash from random manic drops and the rest of the loot is tradable, i don't really want to.

ps: building my own clan dojo was a lot of fun for me. seeing it grow over the weeks and knowing that i earned everything in it was rather satisfying. goes for the clan research tech too.

Edited by Bhao

A solo player can do everything in the game except acquire items from the clan store (can be had with plat mostly but who would do THAT?). 

I mostly solo, can't quite do sorties by myself (well, some of them)  but you can go a long long way solo and if you get stuck you can join public groups without a clan.

what is a clan:

a group of other players that have a chat interface and a special social zone (dojo) where you can hang out, duel, trade, and buy items.

why should you join: to have people to chat with and for the dojo items.

can you ignore it: yes, but its nice if everyone donates to the research to stock the stores with new items.   You should help when you can.

you can't fully develop without it in that you can't reach max mastery rank without all the items some of which are in the clan stores (and again, could pay for them the hard way but no one wants to do this).   Mastery rank really just tells people that you can't seem to make up your mind on what gear to use but some folks make a game of maxing it out, others don't care.  

A solo player can do everything in the game except acquire items from the clan store (can be had with plat mostly but who would do THAT?). 

of course you can solo the clan tech. start own clan->build a reactor or two->build oracle-> build research labs-> research stuff -> done. no plat required at all.

the research requirements scale with clan size, so doing it solo is not that hard to do.

Edited by Bhao