The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Access To The Region Chat Has Been Suspended. How Long Will This Last, And Is There Something I Can Do About It?

Biggieboy

Question

8 answers to this question

And what would the rules be? Be respectful, no profanity, no spamming, only recruit in recruit chat? Because those rules are quite ambigious. I can't count the amount of times people said "X is cancer" or "Y gave me cancer". Well, my dad died of cancer, and so do millions of people every year. Hardly respectful to make light of such a serious disease wouldn't you say? Should the word "cancer" be banned altogether then? Not in my opinion.

Here's another example: autism. Do you have any idea how many times people call other people autistic or "X gave me autism", when they actually mean something completely different? I for a fact HAVE autism, as diagnosed in the DSM V EDIT: technically it's Autism Spectrum Disorder, but you know what I mean, and reading people using that word in a derogatory way makes me cringe. Does that mean those words should be banned? No! How about taking the Lord's name in vain? I'm not religious, but to religious people that would be offensive, and is in fact the literal meaning of profanity. And not to mention the amount of trolling that goes on in the region chat, while I try to help out newer players with questions they have. Is trolling okay or not okay? If you're going to enforce rules, at least be consistent and don't have vague rules like "be respectful" or "no profanity".

And may I also ask what the profanity filter is for then, which if I might point out is turned on by default? If you have a profanity filter, why are people getting kicked/banned for using so-called profanity? I typed...a synonym for being happy, without adressing anything or anyone in particular, and I got suspended, not just kicked, no warning, boom, no access to region chat. I think it would be more fair to have a person be kicked for an hour for example, with kickbot mentioning WHY you were kicked. EDIT: with a warning that the next violation will result in a 24 hour ban.

my suspension seems to be over, so I'll make sure not mention any words that might upset people. You may consider this post as "constructive feedback" as I have read the code of conduct (which is not stickied, that might also be useful) and to my knowledge haven't violated any of the rules.

Edited by Biggieboy