Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs: Please Don't Give In To Boss Farmers

VKhaun

From my first day playing, it has always been said that materials drop mostly from lockers and breakables. This always included rare materials. But at the same time, people went with the old school RNG game strategy of farming bosses even though bosses only dropped 0-1 material drops and it wasn't even always rare. There are always threads about how people have farmed whatever boss 10 bagillion times and never found the rare material they wanted, and you know the implication is that they ran past 100 lockers and breakables in the process of speed running him that would have dropped   5 bagillion times or so.

So when I start farming two bosses for BP's, (Ash and Saryn) and suddenly can't find a BP to save my life but I'm getting two material drops every run (not always rare, but always multiple drops giving me more chances at rares) it looks like the devs are capitulating to the boss runners...

MAYBE I'M WRONG and it's just RNG. I would love to be wrong. But that sure is what it looks like and even if it's not, the point stands. Boss runs are a silly excuse for end game. They are an obsolete habit that comes from games that HAD NO END GAME and instead people replayed the bosses rather than starting over. They are an obsolete farming method from games that HAD NO VARIETY and simply required you to find better gear or earn XP to improve.

Warframe is neither of these things, and it should not pretend to be. Please adjust rates so BP's and mats are the difficulty you want them to be assuming people DO NOT farm bosses and let the writhing masses learn to farm while playing and exploring, or waste their time and pay you plat when they give up.

TY for reading my 2¢.

Player requests game development change so as not to appease "writhing masses" which in turn 'coincidentally' aligns with his own desires.

It doesn't matter how you word it, or how many words you use; you are still asking the game to adjust to suit you, which is exactly what you are asking them not to do?

Since bosses have a higher chance to drop rare materials, coupled with the fact more and more things require them, i'm happy if they have upped the chances.

Sorry if that makes it harder to get your BP but it suits me, which seems your attitude.

Player requests game development change so as not to appease "writhing masses" which in turn 'coincidentally' aligns with his own desires.

It doesn't matter how you word it, or how many words you use; you are still asking the game to adjust to suit you, which is exactly what you are asking them not to do?

Since bosses have a higher chance to drop rare materials, coupled with the fact more and more things require them, i'm happy if they have upped the chances.

Sorry if that makes it harder to get your BP but it suits me, which seems your attitude.

No. If I get my drop more commonly or you do is indeed arbitrary, but that is not what I asked for or why. If BP drop rates are high and materials drop rates from bosses are low, you only need three BP's to make a frame so people only need to run a boss a handful of times and then there is no incentive since they're not a good materials. The behaviour of boss farming has no incentive. If material drop rates are high and BP's are low, then suddenly there is incentive on both sides to farm the ever loving crap out of that boss and experience endless boring, repetitive speed run gameplay that ruins the experience for people actually going in to fight that boss and playing normally.

Every member of the community, my entire 350+ player clan, and every assassination game I join believes the whole point of Warframe is to RUN BOSSES OVER AND OVER AGAIN to get mats to craft things and make the Dojo. That is HORRIBLE boring and repetitive game design and no drop rate will ever make people happy because they will always want more mats faster to get what they want right now rather than later.

They should be balancing their drop rates to encourage their good game design for end-game playing higher difficulties with more interesting levels like the void, or playing endless defense against increasingly challenging enemies and whatever else they have for the future. That means BP's are common and good materials are rare, so people get their BP's and go back to getting mats in regular missions.

Edited by VKhaun

Bosses are getting more interesting and diverse over time, i quite enjoy the more developed ones. Admittadly i only do them for rare mats but if all they had were BP for frames i have/don't want i'd generally never go back to them. Seems an awful waste of resources and effort on a development side and may even cause them to be totally obsolete and never improved.

I obviously differ from the hundreds of people you quoted but i have done Boss runs less than any other activity in the game, maybe that's why i still like doing them.

Still doesn't change my opinion that you were hypocritical in the OP but your example of void and defense missions is very valid and probably ties into them fixing up reward scaling. Also the resources they are considering in alert rewards.

From my first day playing, it has always been said that materials drop mostly from lockers and breakables. This always included rare materials. But at the same time, people went with the old school RNG game strategy of farming bosses even though bosses only dropped 0-1 material drops and it wasn't even always rare. There are always threads about how people have farmed whatever boss 10 bagillion times and never found the rare material they wanted, and you know the implication is that they ran past 100 lockers and breakables in the process of speed running him that would have dropped   5 bagillion times or so.

So when I start farming two bosses for BP's, (Ash and Saryn) and suddenly can't find a BP to save my life but I'm getting two material drops every run (not always rare, but always multiple drops giving me more chances at rares) it looks like the devs are capitulating to the boss runners...

MAYBE I'M WRONG and it's just RNG. I would love to be wrong. But that sure is what it looks like and even if it's not, the point stands. Boss runs are a silly excuse for end game. They are an obsolete habit that comes from games that HAD NO END GAME and instead people replayed the bosses rather than starting over. They are an obsolete farming method from games that HAD NO VARIETY and simply required you to find better gear or earn XP to improve.

Warframe is neither of these things, and it should not pretend to be. Please adjust rates so BP's and mats are the difficulty you want them to be assuming people DO NOT farm bosses and let the writhing masses learn to farm while playing and exploring, or waste their time and pay you plat when they give up.

TY for reading my 2¢.

I'm not getting what you're saying. Are you trying to say the game needs to be even more tedious than it is already? Because that's what it seems like you're saying.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that he wants Blueprints from Bosses now-and-then, but he finds that Bosses are dropping too few BPs and too many materials that could be gotten anywhere and he does kinda have a point.

Farming Bosses should be more about the BP drops rather than the Materials.

Why is it the only decent way to get a Control Module today is to go kill Hyena? I'm sick of killing Hyena already, Kthx. It is pretty bad when I have 2/3 Loki and I had no real immediate plans of actually building Loki in the first place, same goes for the fact I have 3/3 Trinity and wasn't even trying to get her just because Hek is the 2nd Best place to get Neurodes (I'm not really geared/confident enough to go try the higher level area yet unless my friend is coming along with me).

And then there's the fact I think I have either 1 or 2 pieces of Volt, just from trying to get Neural Sensors.

All of the above BPs were not as a result of me actually wanting the blueprints, it is because it is the simple sheer fact that if you want Neurodes, Control Modules, Neurodes, or Neural Sensors, you are pretty much forced to go kill a boss.

Hyena gives you 25% chance of getting a Control Module. Compare that to 2.5% of getting a Control Module from anything else. So you could get one, 1 in 4 times by running a Psamanthe run, or you could do God-Knows-How-Many runs of anything else, even if you did kill every mob you saw, break every container and open every locker. You could probably go through the entire planet's mission map and not see a single Module.

Drop Rates from containers really could be buffed so that people didn't feel the need to do Bosses and ONLY Bosses for rare crafting materials.

I think that's what the OP was getting at, and I kinda agree. Whether or not BPs drop too infrequently because of increased Material Drops..........that I'm not sure I agree with. Yes, it'd be nice if BPs were a little more common (face it, who enjoys killing Jackal 30-50 times for Rhino?), but I doubt they are rarer because DE increased the chance to get resources because of people asking for better resource drops from bosses.

Edited by Xylia