The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini-Freeze After Every Mission

Zacaa09

Question

Hi all. So, the problem is basically that after every mission when I get to the ship, I have a mini-freeze of 5-6 seconds when my Warframe appears. And this just started to happen a week ago, maybe.

I know this is not a big problem but it's annoying.

PC:

I5 4690

AMD R7 370

8GB RAM DDR3

Windows 8.1 64 bits

And about my internet connection is of 1Mb, but I don't think this is the problem because it wasn't happening before.

Ty in advance for any help you can give me.

8 answers to this question

I've actually ran into this problem before myself. It only happens when we lose an optimal internet connection, as Warframe tries to re-update your status, it hitches while it tries to reconnect to DE's servers.

May I ask, do you have a shared internet connection? Does anyone else have access to it, because if they did, that would perhaps be causing this problem.

1Mbps is quite low for internet speed, but should be fine if you are the only one accessing it at any time.

I have 5.1Mbps down myself, and I see this problem only when several of my siblings are on the net at the same time.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I've actually ran into this problem before myself. It only happens when we lose an optimal internet connection, as Warframe tries to re-update your status, it hitches while it tries to reconnect to DE's servers.

May I ask, do you have a shared internet connection? Does anyone else have access to it, because if they did, that would perhaps be causing this problem.

1Mbps is quite low for internet speed, but should be fine if you are the only one accessing it at any time.

I have 5.1Mbps down myself, and I see this problem only when several of my siblings are on the net at the same time.

Ty for answer.

For the first, yes, I'm sharing the connection with 2 smartphones. But at this moment no one is using it (by WiFi).

And this could be, but why doesn't happen before? Because I was playing fine before this problem.

"The Checklist:"

-Make sure computer is running on "High Performace" mode

-Lower graphics settings to what your computer can run (start with everything off, work your way up)
-Optimize from settings in launcher
-Disable Dx10 and Dx11 in launcher
-Enable Multithread Rendering from launcher like this: https://forums.warfr...core-unparking/
-Restart computer

"The Checklist:"

-Make sure computer is running on "High Performace" mode [Checked]

-Lower graphics settings to what your computer can run (start with everything off, work your way up) [i have way more specs than the game requires at recommended]
-Optimize from settings in launcher [Done before, still the problem]
-Disable Dx10 and Dx11 in launcher [Tryed Dx10 only, both, and none activated, still the problem]
-Enable Multithread Rendering from launcher like this: https://forums.warfr...core-unparking/
-Restart computer

I've heard about core "unpark". How safe it is? affects the useful life of the components?

Edited by Zacaa09

I've heard about core "unpark". How safe it is? affects the useful life of the components?

Taken from Tom's Hardware:

"Yes, it is safe. All that "unparking" does is disables Windows from using its own management to control when each core is made available for use. It will have no negative impact on your CPU since they are designed to use 4 cores simultaneously by design."

Thought I don't believe this solves the issues. I got these massive freezes - 2-20 sec - during Acolyte missions but it was fixed by DE.

Another thing is that I get these micro freezes or fps dips randomly during the mission. They last under 1 second so I don't know are they related. When I checked it with GPU-z I got bit worried:

During micro-freeze GPU load and Memory Controller load goes to zero and Power Consumption dips and you see a grey line on PrefCap Reason (Ulti). Also, VVDC voltage is raised after the "freeze" probably to compensate the freeze/choke. In gpu-z the micro freeze dip looks like this (click to enlarge the image):

If8bcyo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/If8bcyo.jpg

I managed to change some settings that GPU and MC load wont get to zero. Can't say for sure which setting was the culprit: disabling steam's 'passive' broadcast thing, forcing physx to gpu or setting gpu power management to performance mode. Previously (before U18.4 ?) warframe worked flawlessly with default settings by nVidia.

Anyways I managed to get rid'off the Hardware dips or choke's or what ever you call them. Now voltage is stable, Load is stable, temp is stable - everything is stable. But still I see occasional Micro Freezes in Warframe.

The wide continued blue line is where I ran Draco. Wide parts of grey are when I'm in desktop. Narrow grey parts at the beginning and end of the blue line are when game is loading a map. :) When you experience the fps dip, you see it as narrow line in the middle of the mission like in the previous spoiler.

First run with 4 players. No HW dips in there.

http://i.imgur.com/QUK20J5.jpg

QUK20J5.jpg

Second run with 2 players. No HW dips in here either. It was kinda hard to find missions with people. Ppl left the party and squad was disbanded two times before I finally could start the Draco.

http://i.imgur.com/WBOPm9o.jpg

WBOPm9o.jpg

Third run with full squad - no HW dip:

http://i.imgur.com/YXHF1J5.jpg

YXHF1J5.jpg

I tested in several missions, even in the defense mission at Uranus (sortie) where I had previously fps dips randomly between waves.

Sortie 2 - Uranus Defense | no HW dip's
yTtXXnf.jpg

Sortie 3 Interception | no HW dip's
bT2KFHL.jpg

Excavation | no HW dips
VnEirYh.jpg

The Micro freezes are still there but hardware wise my GPU does not dip during them. They come eg. if carrier loots simultaneously tons of loot or between waves where enemies spawn @long missions.

Edit: Btw. nVidia has released new Hot Fix over the official "Rise of the Tomb Raider" -driver (WHQL 361.75).

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4026/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-361.82

Edited by carnaga

Taken from Tom's Hardware:

"Yes, it is safe. All that "unparking" does is disables Windows from using its own management to control when each core is made available for use. It will have no negative impact on your CPU since they are designed to use 4 cores simultaneously by design."

Thought I don't believe this solves the issues. I got these massive freezes - 2-20 sec - during Acolyte missions but it was fixed by DE.

Another thing is that I get these micro freezes or fps dips randomly during the mission. They last under 1 second so I don't know are they related. When I checked it with GPU-z I got bit worried:

During micro-freeze GPU load and Memory Controller load goes to zero and Power Consumption dips and you see a grey line on PrefCap Reason (Ulti). Also, VVDC voltage is raised after the "freeze" probably to compensate the freeze. In gpu-z the micro freeze dip looks like this (click to enlarge the image):

If8bcyo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/If8bcyo.jpg

I managed to change some settings that GPU and MC load wont get to zero. Can't say for sure which setting was the culprit: disabling steam's 'passive' broadcast thing, forcing physx to gpu or setting gpu power management to performance mode. Previously (before U18.4 ?) warframe worked flawlessly with default settings by nVidia.

Anyways I managed to get rid'off the Hardware dips or choke's or what ever you call them. Now voltage is stable, Load is stable, temp is stable - everything is stable. But still I see occasional Micro Freezes in Warframe.

The wide continued blue line is where I ran Draco. Wide parts of grey are when I'm in desktop. Narrow grey parts at the beginning and end of the blue line are when game is loading a map. :) When you experience the fps dip, you see it as narrow line in the middle of the mission like in the previous spoiler.

First run with 4 players. No HW dips in there.

http://i.imgur.com/QUK20J5.jpg

QUK20J5.jpg

Second run with 2 players. No HW dips in here either. It was kinda hard to find missions with people. Ppl left the party and squad was disbanded two times before I finally could start the Draco.

http://i.imgur.com/WBOPm9o.jpg

WBOPm9o.jpg

Third run with full squad - no HW dip:

http://i.imgur.com/YXHF1J5.jpg

YXHF1J5.jpg

I tested in several missions, even in the defense mission at Uranus (sortie) where I had previously fps dips randomly between waves.

Sortie 2 - Uranus Defense | no HW dip's
yTtXXnf.jpg

Sortie 3 Interception | no HW dip's
bT2KFHL.jpg

Excavation | no HW dips
VnEirYh.jpg

The Micro freezes are still there but hardware wise my GPU does not dip during them. They come eg. if carrier loots simultaneously tons of loot or between waves where enemies spawn @long missions.

Edit: Btw. nVidia has released new Hot Fix over the official "Rise of the Tomb Raider" -driver (WHQL 361.75).

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4026/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-361.82

Hi, ty for all that data. So my problem may be something that I really don't understand at all. My freezes only happen (for now) after a mission when I appear at the ship. In my old PC (Dual Core, 2GB RAM, HD4850) I didn't have this problem, even with the "poor" hardware.

For update, I was playing today and the freeze appears randomly (some missions yes, and somes don't). So I'll wait the next update and see if something changes.

Also I'll download that GPU-Z. I was using Speccy just to watch out the temperatures, but I'll see if I have the same issue that you had.

EDIT: This is what I got

206.gif

the black circle is what I got at the Mini-Freeze.

Edited by Zacaa09

-snip-

What I think this is not GPU hardware related thing. The problem is elsewhere. By this I mean:

Regarding GPU-z my GPU started to behave just before the freeze: GPU load and Memory Controller load went down-hill before the freeze. After the freeze, the voltage of the GPU was raised -- all this foreshadowing a GPU choke and presumably a hardware issue.

HIZZsLU.jpg

In my case this indicates that the problem might have been GPU Hardware related thing. Thought after changing settings and after multiple tests I get similar results as you. Your GPU doesn't behave weirdly before the freeze happens. So what I think is that you can exclude your GPU from the equation. The problem might be in AMD display drivers, Warframe itself, CPU, etc etc.

Thought to be reasonable: you can probably exclude also the drivers: I run nVidia, you AMD and we get similar result. And warframe being only game where we experience it (at least in my case).

Edited by carnaga

What I think this is not GPU hardware related thing. The problem is elsewhere. By this I mean:

Regarding GPU-z my GPU started to behave just before the freeze: GPU load and Memory Controller load went down-hill before the freeze. After the freeze, the voltage of the GPU was raised -- all this foreshadowing a GPU choke and presumably a hardware issue.

HIZZsLU.jpg

In my case this indicates that the problem might have been GPU Hardware related thing. Thought after changing settings and after multiple tests I get similar results as you. Your GPU doesn't behave weirdly before the freeze happens. So what I think is that you can exclude your GPU from the equation. The problem might be in AMD display drivers, Warframe itself, CPU, etc etc.

Thought to be reasonable: you can probably exclude also the drivers: I run nVidia, you AMD and we get similar result. And warframe being only game where we experience it (at least in my case).

I'm only having this at Warframe, so yes.

A few days ago I got a "driver update available" message but I click "remind me later" because I always use the "If works, don't change it". But I'll try donwloading the new one and see if works.

Ty a lot for the help ^_^