The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Build?

(PSN)skullblits69

Question

19 answers to this question

Mandatory mods are Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike and Vital Sense.

With those 4 mods out of the way, as for the other 4 slots I personally use Heavy Caliber (being fully automatic I don't personally feel the accuracy loss is too significant, this is a playstyle choice however), Bladed Rounds and an elemental combination to tackle whichever faction I'm up against.

(E.g. Corrosive for Infested, Radiation for Grineer and Magnetic for Corpus)

As Bladed Rounds is a Shadow Debt event mod, you can place either Hammer Shot or another elemental in its place for the time being until Shadow Debt comes out for PS4.

Edited by X3Evanescence

It's a really good gun but critical based weapons tend to be forma hungry, so you'll probably want 4-6 for best results. Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense. This is the general build for any critical primary for rifle mods. If you ever come across argon scope a/o bladed rounds even better. if not, your last few mods you could add fire rate (I run a shred mod for mobs) and your elements of choice. You could probably find more builds to suit you better at Warframe Builder.com

Generally, I slot as much crit and fire rate into the Soma/Soma Prime as I can. After that I slot what other damage or elementals I have to fill in the blank spaces.

I always put serration and split chamber on my weapons before anything else, then crit if it is a crit weapon, and viral is good for high level enemies because it cuts their health in half

You'll want:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

<90% Elemental Mod #1> 

<90% Elemental Mod #2>

These two mods will depend on the faction you're going against. Usually Infested: Corrosive (Electricity + Toxin), Grineer: Radiation (Electricity + Heat) and Corpus: Magnetic (Electricity + Cold)

Now here the last two slots is for your playstyle. For Firerate, go Speed Trigger and Shred, Extra Damage + Status: Dual Stat elementals, Crit: Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds, and so on, so forth. 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Hello.

Ive been using the soma prime for awhile now. Im just wondering whats the best build?

I have Corrosive on Atm. But im struggling with higher enemys. Not put forma into it yet either.

PS sorry if i asked before, my memory is really bad

i think i have 4 forma on mine. Worth it to get the benefits i think.

My current build : 

UTY3kOn.jpg

If OP you do not have the new event mods, consider the following build :

A7yPhER.jpg

Put a 3rd elemental of your choice on the last empty slot, but will require one more forma tho.

Edited by SpryCrow

The way I see it is this. Do you want punchthrough or not. It comes down to one mod: Shred.

Personally the gun has a poor ammo economy, and because it is a crit weapon it needs a great deal of mods to capitalize on it. Leaving your choices somewhat limited. Shred does two things, it more or less removes the slight ramp up, and gives more bang for your buck. More total damage when dealing with multiple enemies per shot. If you want to take this gun to a longer mission, I wouldn't want to not have Shred.

If you want shred this is the setup:

Serration

Split Chamber

Heavy Caliber

Shred

Point Strike

Vital Sense

2x appropriate elements.

Reason for no Argon Scope and Bladed rounds is because just one of them isn't sufficient to be efficient. However if you chose to NOT use Shred, you can replace Heavy Caliber for Bladed Rounds, and instead of Shred have Argon Scope. What this would do, while slightly slower rate of fire, it will have tighter spread, making head shot easier and therefore having argon scope up easy. It also lets you get red crits headshots for very large amount of damage.  This build will deal more damage to single targets, but you lose ability to hit more things at once. Even if one enemy dies in a short burst, you will suffer on ammo economy much more, and in general won't be able to deliver as much death per second. The build would be as follows:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Argon Scope

Bladed Rounds

2x appropriate elements.

Shorter missions second build will do. LoR, second build will do. But defense, survival you might start considering how many enemies you can hit with a trigger pull, making the most use of each round, and increasing your death per second.

Both of these need forma. First one is four. Second one is less.

Edited by mmSNAKE

You'll want:

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

<90% Elemental Mod #1> 

<90% Elemental Mod #2>

These two mods will depend on the faction you're going against. Usually Infested: Corrosive (Electricity + Toxin), Grineer: Radiation (Electricity + Heat) and Corpus: Magnetic (Electricity + Cold)

Now here the last two slots is for your playstyle. For Firerate, go Speed Trigger and Shred, Extra Damage + Status: Dual Stat elementals, Crit: Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds, and so on, so forth. 

Ideal combo for corpus is Mag + Toxin or just straight Toxin. Toxin going through shields entirely will eat the low hp corpus have faster than burning the high scaling shields.

Your 2nd build does alot more damage. I also have all but one of those cards. Heavy caliber.

Is the second one really going to do more damage once you get the Shadow Debt event? Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds crit and crit damage increase doesn't show on the modding screen because you need to get a headshot/kill to activate them respectively

Your 2nd build does alot more damage. I also have all but one of those cards. Heavy caliber. 

Is the second one really going to do more damage once you get the Shadow Debt event? Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds crit and crit damage increase doesn't show on the modding screen because you need to get a headshot/kill to activate them respectively

Edit : My previous calculation is completely wrong , so I just deleted it nvm.

But to keep it simple, using Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds will give you red crit, which deals more damage when proc'd.

Otherwise, the 2nd build is, in terms of damage only, better for consideration. But just by a marginal bit.

And by my playtime experience, these 2 new mod proc quite often.

So definitely go with the 1st build if you have the 2 mods.

Edited by SpryCrow

Crit weapon, HCal's a bad idea, unless you're shoving the barrel down the enemies' throats.

Mandatory

Shred

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

1 Elemental Combo

Leaves one open slot.  Best choice currently is a cross complimentary elemental (e.g. radiation and toxin or corrosive and cold against the Grineer).  When we get bladed rounds, remove the extra element and pop in bladed rounds.  You can also do silly things with that last slot like Heavy Cal, Fanged Fusillade, Hammer Shot, QoL mod, whatever.

my old build is been made for high lvl.... serration.split chamber.hc max.point strike.vital sense.shred.2xelement 90% 

with this new mods  who will use it must drop hc...cz u  wish good accuracy to have most of this  new mods....both build are good.....