The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions On Zephyr

Nacond

Question

Hi! While I'm still waiting for some needed Nezha-Changes or Augments - which will take some time because Wukong and Ivara will come first (why has Chroma only two augments? ^^) - I decided to give my Kubrow a new chance to impress me - and while her stats are terrible when I'm using Nezha I decided to look out for a better suiting frame - and came to Zephyr, who grants my Kubrow about 1000 Shields/2000 Life which is really strong in my opinion. But because I'm new to Zephyr, I have some questions:

1. Are protectiles shot inside the turbulence-area also deflected? So which range should turbulence have?

2. After turbulence expires there is a 1.5 second cooldown- does Natural Talent decreases this duration?

3. What are the best builds for Zephyr at the moment?

thanks a lot,

Nacond

9 answers to this question

1) Turbulence is generally useful in all ranges, since enemies within the inner radius of it usually don't shoot at you anymore, but just try to hit you. Buffing the range is completely okay to protect pods or teammates. 

2) I never thought that to be much of a problem, since you can recast Turbulence in mid-air/bulletjumping, where you hardly get hit at all. 

3) Despite Turbulence and her high Health and Shield, Zephyr is mobility-reliant to survive, especially against high-level grineer. Make use of the fact that while in air and moving fast, enemies shoot at you with reduced accuracy. I find her to be the strongest with Hit & Run-Tactics against single high-value targets. Depending on what weapon you use you might need to experiment to find the best rhythm of shooting and moving for you. 

There's always the "BOOM-Zephyr" build that has been fairly popular.  Requires a tonkor and turbulence to work.  Turbulence increases flight speed (of all projectiles) to the point of causing the tonkor shells to explode on impact of any surface.  Improves tonkor accuracy too.  You will need to get to 239 strength or use terminal velocity (then less strength on Zephyr, not sure the number tho) on the tonkor for this to work.

Edit: forgot you also need an augment mod to make this work, Jet Stream (obtained through syndicates).

Edited by (XB1)XenomorphHybrid

Fire Tornados are fun. Intensfy mod to strengthen the abiltiy and if you want to go stronger you can add a Blind Rage. Equip your melee with a fire mod and once you cast tornadoes, use your melee to set the fire status off on the tornado. This works with all status I think, I've seen green toxin tornados.

1. Yes. As much Range as your build allows.

2. As far as I know, it only increases the cast animation speed.

3. Basically you want enough Duration and Efficiency to keep Turbulence up all the time, Jetstream, Strength and Range.

FWIW here is my own build:

Energy Siphon, Cunning Drift (Exilus)

Overextended, Jetstream, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Continuity, Constitution

Redirection, Equilibrium