Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Dual Secondaries Worth It?

omgeveryone9

Question

10 answers to this question

Dual weapons are always better than a single. But you might want to consider some of the other weapons, Kunai for instance is a very good secondary, probably the best right now.

So is kunai generally better than dual vipers, or is it a split of choice like most weapons?

Aklato > Lato

Dual Broncos > Bronco

Afuris > Furis

Twin Vipers < Viper.

Just opinion but for Vipers I've found it goes like this.

You have more ammo per clip,

you burn that ammo faster, Ok that pretty much is even.
The reload is longer, the damage is the same and the accuracy is lowered.

They are fun and all but in terms of use I prefer my single Viper it actually has better range than most people think, just have to tap your shots.

IT DOES however, depend on what you want. I prefer a bit more versatility but if you want a buzzsaw bullet explosion that sprays everything up close, get teh Twins.

Like most weapon decisions it is a trade off and depends on your play style and what other weapons you are bringing.

Dual Vipers, insane burst damage and ammo consumption. Very good for bosses and heavies.

Kunai, awesome damage. Great for taking out trash and heavies.

Side note...Dojo Firing Range so people can test weapons before building/buying.

It depends on what you want to get out of them. If you're a using pistols as your primary weapon than dual vipers are probably one of the best ways to go, if you like one Viper you'll love two! I tend to use long guns primarily so my favorite backup is the Lex, but I'm leveling a single Viper now to use in Spy missions. If, like me, your looking at the automatic pistols to act as a stand in for your assault rifle in Spy missions keep in mind that while carrying a data mass you can only use one pistol at a time anyway even if you have the dual version equipped.

One last thing to consider, the Vipers high damage and ROF let you burn down a single target at a time super fast, while the Furis' slower ROF and huge magazine capacity with an electric mod can keep an entire wave of Corpus stun locked in a Defense mission, and the frost mod will slow the other two factions almost as much