The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Melee For Stealth Focus Farming?

Dhansak

Question

Have just finished all I'm interested in (for now) in the Zenurik tree, using a lens each on Loki and the Tonkor.

Am thinking of buying one Greater lens (can't afford 2!) and starting on the Naramon tree. I intend to put this one lens on a melee for the stealth approach. In the future I will get a 2nd lens to put on whichever frame I end up using (Ash or Ivara), but for now am looking to just put a lens on a weapon.

I understand I am probably looking  for a weapon capable of a one hit kill plus a good range to handle groups. What have you folks found most effective?

My inventory of possibles includes:

Orthos Prime

Broken War (range too short?)

Jat Kittag

Scindo Prime

Redeemer (scatter may alert clustered enemies?)

Atterax???

I tend to farm Grineer deception missions solo. Also I tend to prefer faster melee weapons.

Would appreciate any feedback from people who have tried with any of these - thanks!

19 answers to this question

Try using the Scindo Prime with a Berserker mod in it if you plan on doing a lot of stealth finishers. The added speed from Berserker will give you the speed you are looking for and the overall damage on the Scindo Prime is quite nice (high base damage with good crit).

If you want a little more of a stealthy look, then I would suggest finding a good dagger and using the Covert Lethality mod along with it. Covert Lethality was nerfed to specifically stealth finishers, but since you are using stealth frames it all works out and you would be surprised by the damage you do.

I used to do it with weapons like Galatine/Orthos Prime but when I tried the Redeemer I couldn't go back.

Should it accidently alert surrounding enemies you just move on until they go back to an unalerted state.

Also: super easy multi-kills over absurd ranges.

Edited by (PS4)MikeCopa

Thanks all for your help :)

Will try the Orthos, Redeemer and Karyst/Covert Lethality (hadn't thought a dagger would work as it seemed to slow things down - will give it a go though). Will try the Scindo prime another time if I ever get a Berzerker mod! After testing, will put a lens on the one I end up working best with. I figure I'll do the test runs with my Zenurik lensed Loki so I have specific results to view.

Will let you know how it went!

I use my Broken-War on Charybdis, Sedna. The short range is somewhat annoying for taking out groups, but it works. Orthos Prime with Primed Reach is probably the most efficient due to its range.

If you're using stealth finishers a lot, pick a weapon type with fast stealth finisher animations. Otherwise, something with a wide reach.

Covert Lethality isn't necessary for enemies at this level.

personally, I'm using orthos prime at the moment. it moves quick, and cuts a wide path through everything on sedna, where I farm.

Same.  With a booster, G lens in Loki and Orthos primes, and hitting Mind Spike at exactly 4 minutes in to get Strategic Execution going, it takes me less than 15 minutes from selecting the mission to being back in my Liset, done with focus farming for the day.  Atterax isn't bad either - a regular lensed one is what I've started using to work on Zenurik.  Real nice slide attack.

Also, get Strategic Execution and cooldown time maxed in Naramon before any other focus work even if it's not your primary tree - it'll maximize your focus farming speed from then on.

Put Hush on the Tonkor, and that'll be your group killer.

I personally use the Ceramic Dagger with Covert Lethality.

Whenever we get Spy missions in Sortie, I go solo with Loki and kill all the big boys for that bonus Affinity because of their higher levels.

Sorties with Eximus Stronghold modifier are great for Affinity too

personally, I'm using orthos prime at the moment. it moves quick, and cuts a wide path through everything on sedna, where I farm.

Same. Orthos Prime OHKO most (even groups because of its range), and it doesn't slow down your sprint speed. For those it doesn't OHKO, I do the slow animation where it does kill them.

I like to mow down groups in one swing so I use Tonbo (Naramon lens) or Orthos Prime (Vazarin lens), both with Primed Reach. Both have excelent range but Tonbo has better damage.

I hear the War (not the Broken war) has very good range and awesome damage, but the Stalker was so far not kind enough to drop it for me, so i cant confirm.

These long weapons have one great advantage. They can take care of big groups at once without braking the stealth affinity boost. If you go the rout of single dagger or the Redeemer, you are going to gain the affinity much slower since you have to pick single enemies and run around waiting for the alerted enemies to calm down.

Not saying it does not work, just that I myself consider my way a bit more efficient timewise.