Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Rng Works In This Game

Xoxile

I know the feeling, OP.  I had 8 or so Split Chambers and 5 or 6 Barrel Diffusions before I got my first Hell's Chamber... and my mission bugged so I lost it.  Thankfully support restored it to my account, but god damn did it take forever to get that sucker to drop.  Gratz on getting your Barrel Diffusion, btw!

The game dynamically reduces the drop chance of items you actually want while increasing the drop chance of items you already have.  The trick is to not want what you want.

Monster Hunter's Desire Sensor has successfuly Migrated to Warframe, it seems

The game scans your search history and determines what you want most and makes it scarce. If you hide your history and clear cache often, it determines you don't want anything and gives you nothing. They spent all their time giving RNG AI instead of mobs so it knows when you are trying to use reverse psychology.

Edited by Firetempest

Monster Hunter's Desire Sensor has successfuly Migrated to Warframe, it seems

Good, frustrating memories.

My friend gets 3 azure rathalos wings from one capture, took me 26 more to get one.

We can all sympathize with the OP, I think.

Edited by Dr.Cody

I had that feeling when i got my Hells Chamber, and when I got stalkers bow.

On both I was farming for the whole week, and never got them, when I entered a mission just for another objective BAM, stalker shows up.

Next I enter a Void mission, and BAM, Hells chamber.

RNG, it can be nice or a *@##$!

Random is not h0m0geneity. It's just the opposite of it.

Edit: really? there is a forum filter that filters all words starting with the prefix "h0m0"? wtf

Edited by Cyme

I just now, after 260+ hours of play, Got my Banshee helmet. The final count was 102 Chassis and 87 Systems before i finally got it. I had already bought Banshee (because i knew it would be forever till i found the helmet) but im going to build another one anyway. Not to play...Oh no no no. Im going to paint this one solid Gold, and call it a trophy. I dont care that im going to have two of them....She will be my symbolic middle finger to RNG.

Random is not h0m0geneity. It's just the opposite of it.

Edit: really? there is a forum filter that filters all words starting with the prefix "h0m0"? wtf

I feel your pain! I tried to post "Ecce h0m0" the other day and apparently it didnt want my latin. Stupid filters.

The game dynamically reduces the drop chance of items you actually want while increasing the drop chance of items you already have.  The trick is to not want what you want.

Reminds me of playing GTA3 with a friend for some reason I cant remember we went looking for a hooker. We spent about 20mins looking for one and nothing, my friend got called home and then I found one.

Reminds me of playing GTA3 with a friend for some reason I cant remember we went looking for a hooker. We spent about 20mins looking for one and nothing, my friend got called home and then I found one.

A whole new field of RNG.