The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Wukong?

(PSN)jFresh215

Question

I'm just interested in seeing how others build their wukong, and why. 

My build is as follows(5 forma) all mods maxed

- aura mod

primed flow 

primed cont.

vitality

steel fiber

narrow minded

constitution

streamline

rage

endurance drift

My build focus' on defy and capitalizes on the invulnerability phase(13 seconds) while maintaining a drain of ~1.3. 

So please let us know how you wukong; and please let us know why. 

9 answers to this question

Keep Defy on all the time, you can turn it off while in cloud form, and turn it back on after stunning enemies with it.

Make sure to prioritize more for efficiency than capacity since "dying" will take a boatload of energy with tons of reserves.

Don't worry too much about the "invuln" phase time, keeping it at 5 seconds is plenty.

Rage is great for really long life.

Naturally he's not tanky so you can't be as haphazard with your playstyle as with Valkyr.

Primed Reach and an unranked Lifestrike is key, great for later games.

I bought him because I didn't want to spend the plat on arcanes for chroma. But once I built chroma I realized he doesn't need arcanes if you're using a life strike melee weapon, which I always do. Now i don't bother with wukong except when I feel like farming vengful revenant which is never. 

I'm just interested in seeing how others build their wukong, and why. 

My build is as follows(5 forma) all mods maxed

- aura mod

primed flow 

primed cont.

vitality

steel fiber

narrow minded

constitution

streamline

rage

endurance drift

My build focus' on defy and capitalizes on the invulnerability phase(13 seconds) while maintaining a drain of ~1.3. 

So please let us know how you wukong; and please let us know why. 

3 Forma

Steel Charge Aura-mod

Rush -Exilus mod

Rage

Primed Cont.

Fleeting

Streamline

Vitality

Primed Flow

Constitution

Transient Fortitude

My build focus's on getting the most out of his full kit, which is rather meager but useful.  His 4 is fun, and IF/WHEN you get going with it, you can reach quite far if you know what you are doing.  His Invulnerability lasts 5, almost 6 seconds.  Good enough for me.  If enough trouble is about, cloudwalk out of it.  Though I haven't put myself in a situation where I'm worrying like 'that'  It should go without saying that Primed Reach is highly recommended, though switching from long range, to close easily is nice.

Why do I use him?  I like the concept of him, and he isn't a 'bad' warframe.  He certainly isn't the best, and he feels balanced, but in a game where people can clear the screen and become a slash-wave turret of death... I think that's what is holding him back.  He's got very good survivability, pretty average in everything else and people just gravitate towards the easier or more efficient options.

Personalty work him around like any main melee warfare and give him good boosts for weapons as well as taking damage with defy on almost 24/7 if your into up close and personal stuff. If you know how to build a Excal or any melee frame than he should be a cake walk so long as you build him for close range using that defy as the bread and butter.

Please be advised, we have a specific subforum for advice/tips/build threads:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318374-please-read-before-posting-threads-what-is-and-isnt-general-discussion/

Moved to the proper section.

I see what you're saying but I wasn't seeking advice on a build. I'm pretty content with mine. This was meant to discuss the frame and how others use him and what the focus of their builds were.