The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Ps4 Exclusive Warframe?

(PSN)Dargondarkfire

Question

I recently came back to war frame on the ps4 after being gone almost two years.

A friend who also came back told me an old clan member told him ps4 is getting a special exclusive warframe too fill the gap because we can't get excalibur prime.

I did some digging and found nothing. I found some details about a Chinese exclusive excalibur. But nothing about a ps4 exclusive warframe.

So I thought I would ask the forums since you guys and gals seem to be the most knowledgeable.

20 answers to this question

Said old clan memer was liying or simply misinformed.

Possible. Or he miss interpreted the Chinese wf add.

Chinese warframe is a different game. I don't think exclusive warframes ( of excaliber prime tier ) will Ever be made for consoles.

Why not? Would would be simple to deign another excalibure, give it a different look and name with the same stats. Though I'm not trying to defend him. Said ex member is a 14 year old pathological liar who has back stabbed us before. But he usualy has been right about warframe info he has given us in the past.

I think DE is trying to make up for the PC exclusive founder pack with all the Prestige/Renown packs for the consoles.

Other than that they will likely not have a console exclusive frame, instead you can look at a FABULOUS! Excalibur. ThDV3UM.jpg

I don't feel like those glamor items make up for the loss/lack of a powerful warframe character.

He's miss informed. We are getting Excal Umbra it's kinda our compensation for not getting key face Excal over there.

The research I did on this. Says that DE has been making excuses for months, and has been refusing to comment recently. So I feel that we and not even pc are getting it.

You're mate is plain wrong man.

Like others have said, Chinese warframe is getting their own Excal, so to boost their initial playerbase. Other than that, there are NO platform exclusive items outside of founders and skins (tennogen will be going to consoles too)

Edited by Stormandreas

Whoever your clanmate/friend was, they lied to you.

I believe you're referring to Excalibur Umbra, which was already talked about in the last few devstreams. It will be coming, DE just wants to add some things to it like Lore and some Umbra system. Who knows, I'll just wait.

But there will never be any console exclusive stuff in terms of a Warframe. Consoles already have the prestige/renown packs which PC doesn't have.

Excalibur Prime and all that jazz will forever be founders exclusive and will never be made available again.

He might've been misinformed.Im loving the renown packs,So I think that acts as a substitute

I'm not a fan of glamor, but to all their own. If they had the actual weapons and frames I might have considered them.

You're mate is plain wrong man.

Like others have said, Chinese warframe is getting their own Excal, so to boost their initial playerbase. Other than that, there are NO platform exclusive items outside of founders and skins (tennogen will be going to consoles too)

Tennogen?

Why not? Would would be simple to deign another excalibure, give it a different look and name with the same stats. Though I'm not trying to defend him. Said ex member is a 14 year old pathological liar who has back stabbed us before. But he usualy has been right about warframe info he has given us in the past.

I don't feel like those glamor items make up for the loss/lack of a powerful warframe character.

1: a pure console exclusive would make the forums saltier than the dead sea. People would either demand that excal prime gets rereleased (which is never going to happen) or they would demand another pc exclusive frame.

And the circle would continue.

Not only would it cause an unneccesary split in the community and hate between the platforms, but all the flame might make the forum moderators quit left, right and center due to all the work they have to do to contain the salt. Forums without a moderator turn sour really quick, and a sour forum drives off players. I have wittnessed this more than once.

2: Excal Prime being more powerful than regular Excal? If you think that a buff of 25 armor makes him far far far superior to regular excal you should go and calculate the damage reduction that those 25 extra armor give you (wiki helps)

1: a pure console exclusive would make the forums saltier than the dead sea. People would either demand that excal prime gets rereleased (which is never going to happen) or they would demand another pc exclusive frame.

And the circle would continue.

Not only would it cause an unneccesary split in the community and hate between the platforms, but all the flame might make the forum moderators quit left, right and center due to all the work they have to do to contain the salt. Forums without a moderator turn sour really quick, and a sour forum drives off players. I have wittnessed this more than once.

2: Excal Prime being more powerful than regular Excal? If you think that a buff of 25 armor makes him far far far superior to regular excal you should go and calculate the damage reduction that those 25 extra armor give you (wiki helps)

people were already being salty by them not sharing excalibur prime with the consoles, and now Excal Umbra prime is in china and it's salty too. I don't see the forums destroyed from those.

DE wouldnt release a whole exclusive frame to one platform, even the China warframes Nezha, and WuKong got released in the US.

Umbra should come as soon as DE has a way to tie in their lore with the game, and to figure out how exactly it will look and perform. Game design is t a simple job, and it's hard work. There's also a ton of stuff that goes on behind the scenes, and what makes it harder is DE trying to make everyone happy, so no one gets upset over something. People were upset about Excal Prime, they released the Renown/Prestige Packs to consoles. People complained about TennoGen, it's coming to consoles soon. TennoGen is the "create your own" of Warframe. It allows you to design your own skin, helmet, weapon skin, etc. and have a chance for it to be added in game, with a percentage of all purchases of that item going to you as gifted platinum (25% I think, and it can't be traded, only used for market items).

For the whole Excal Prime being better then regular Excal, 25 armor isn't a real buff at all

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

There's the wiki post for Armor that has all the info needed

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

people were already being salty by them not sharing excalibur prime with the consoles, and now Excal Umbra prime is in china and it's salty too. I don't see the forums destroyed from those.

Because Umbra is already planned to come to our version of Warframe. DE just wants to add lore behind it and make the release as polished as possible.

and you want to add more salt with a console exclusive Frame?

also we are getting Umbra, wich will look the same as Umbra prime. They added the word Prime for Marketing reasons.

Quite possibly skins/alt equipment rather than a Warframe exclusive for consoles, china has their own Warfares slightly faster than ours but vis versa comes to them when we get ones they have to wait on. Most likely this is false information and would extremely unfair to everyone when we place who has what and who cant have this or that, honestly with china around we don't need more frames either being brought out faster for certain consoles. 

Your friends might be talking about Umbra excalibur but again he's only in Warframe China atm and coming to North America soon enough from the developers point of view. 

Quite possibly skins/alt equipment rather than a Warframe exclusive for consoles, china has their own Warfares slightly faster than ours but vis versa comes to them when we get ones they have to wait on. Most likely this is false information and would extremely unfair to everyone when we place who has what and who cant have this or that, honestly with china around we don't need more frames either being brought out faster for certain consoles.

Your friends might be talking about Umbra excalibur but again he's only in Warframe China atm and coming to North America soon enough from the developers point of view.

Heh oh well. Would have even things out (in my opinion). Heh could give ps4 a sapphire excalibur and xbone an emerald one. Would be interesting skins though.