Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick From Group Option

Dreed

Give this game a kick option and be ready to be kicked at least 50%( but i'd bet even higher) of the games you join or even host due to the fact that there will always be a chance that someone will hate the way you play, because you're not 1337 enough for them or simply because he feels in the mood to grief you.

Be careful what you ask for, for most of the times it's only what you THINK you want. You see yourself kicking rushers from your exploration game. What if 3 rushers join your game and kick you for being an explorer?

And quite frankly i'm going to be another one playing the Find some friends card or play solo. It's not that hard to do so. Stop being a couch gamedesigner and stop asking for stuff that will ruin the online experience for everyone... even yourself.

Any kick option WILL be abused and used as a griefing tool.

What will you do when you join a random alert mission, are just about to finish it...and are kicked right before extraction happens so you dont get anything? And with how many times host migration fails there is a *very* good chance that you wont get anything for that alert.

Or what happens in a long defense mission where you finally picked up the mods you wanted in the very last wave, and there are only a few enemies before the next extraction....and the griefers decide to kick you out and you lose everything you picked up since the last extraction?

Those are two of the scenarios which WILL happen if we get a vote to kick option, no way around it. And it will just lead to more yelling on the forums.

If you want a real solution ask for a blacklist. It wont be instant, but after a while of adding people you dont want to play with onto your blacklist you'll find yourself no longer playing with them and playing with people you like playing with. Then you can add those people to your contacts and play with them more regularly.

There's zero reason against kicking when the kicked player simply becomes the host of his own game. The host doesn't even need full internet to play this game so a failed migration means that you shouldn't even be playing online.

Losing resources and 'trolling' won't be an issue if you truly don't deserve a kick.

@Tryysaeder

Trolling/griefing will always be an issue. And I would rather not have random groups of trolls just ruin alerts, defenses and assassination runs because its their idea of a fun time. They can already do some of it depending on how the mission is set up and such and we don't need to give them another tool. And not everyone will "deserve" a kick as you put it when people decide to kick them for their own jollies.

And I can host games without lag and play in most other games without lag at all and have fun. But the majority of the time I get "Host migration failed" and get kicked back to the menu if the host leaves the game. SO do a lot of the other people I play with (even pugs have this issue quite a bit) and I would rather not have trolls kicking people and then have them come raging on the forums because they were kicked and lost all of the stuff that they gathered in the mission, or were unable to complete the alert because they were kicked from it right before extraction but after the alert had 'expired'.

Furthermore even when a host migration works often times it can mess up the objectives. There are times when on a spy mission I got a host migration because the host dropped and none of the data masses spawned, non of the terminals were hackable so I was left there requiring 4 data masses and no way to get them. Things like that are another issue with forcing host migrations through a kick option.

The fact remains that a kick option would be abused far more than it would be used to get rid of the trolls/griefers. And I would rather not see that happen.

A blacklist would serve the community a lot better and would not give the trolls/greifers another tool to use.

Edited by Tsukinoki

first let me say I play both ways, im looking for mats ill play online, I rush for kills when gathering boss mats or frame pieces I play SOLO, when you rush your not killing everything, your bypassing it, hence it being called rushing, you don't need other people, the only reason to join a group of people playing the mission for you to rush through is that you couldn't give a damn about them and either want to be the big man rusher who sucks away 90% of the benefits from the other people who aren't geared for rushing and cant get to the dropped resources before they vanish

the number of times this has happened when I was unlocking planets is unbelievable, you start a mission, 2 people join, your fighting through and a 4th joins, bam hes gone, next thing you know all your finding are broken boxes and no mats, you have to kill everything to get to extraction and hes just afk having a 4 finger shuffle while you get there, or worse 2 rushers join fly off and end the mission while your trying to fight through the enemies because your not set up for rushing

the ability to set a type of game(if DE want this to be done) or kick people who are only in it for themselves is the only way I can see

Pls... Plss.. PLssssssssssssssssssssss

I create game.. 2 players run with me and explore map for loot and mats when suddenly someone join and start rushing.. ok.. he cant end mission solo but - killing mobs - no exp for others, destroying boxes, open chest - mats will gone before we go to them.. killing boss - no exp for others and prob no mats in loot.

In situation like that i would like to kick players what dont want to play with others.

If u want to RUSH.. PLAY SOLO !!!!

A kick only because rushing are you mad?! Yes, you are! Go do it solo when rushers making you mad!

I <3 rushing only when I'm extremely bored because of so many farming and not getting what I want.

I <3 getting every single material I see and credits, and energy, and health, and stuff like that!

Don't feed the trolls !!!

NO KICK !!!

Don't "vote" to feed the trolls !!!

NO VOTE KICK !!!

(use your contacts list)

Thank you for being sensible here.

Vote kicking will lead to mass griefing.

People think its bad when someone keeps the datamass away? How mad do you think people will be when they are doing an assassination run, get the BP they finally need, and are kicked because the other 2 or 3 people were trolls/griefers? And even if it attempts a host migration we all know most of those fail anyways. Another case would be doing an alert for forma/potato/bp and then getting kicked feet away from extraction by your team.

We dont need to give the trolls and griefers the tools to do that.

Use your contact lists. Ask for a blacklist. Its much more sensible.

@Xazter
That may be interesting...if they could ever fix the host migration issues.  Though honestly I dont see too many solo rushes doing it when they hop into a mission with 3 other people and decide to run for the extraction.

Between kick and lack of kick, I personally think the lack of kick is the better option. In my gaming experience I've seen kick being abused more often than used in good will. If you want full control over your run, then go Private or Solo. Might be just me though...

I say no to Kicking. I say yes to Blacklists.

I think blacklisting would be a smarter alternative to kicking, you'll never run into that player again, and they'll never be able to join your session, again, ever. So at most you just finish that one mission with that player.

Kick option would be nice, but Report would be needed if Kick is included. So you can report idiotic and trolling people who exploit Kick option. And we Would need Report 2 for reporting people that exploit Report option. And we would need Report 3 for.....i can write this into the abyss of repeat. I am against Kick ( i play both as rusher and explorer, depends on situation ), it would be exploitable. It is better to have option to set rush/explore/casual game.

No, to KICK system.

and

No, to BLACKLIST system.

Kick can be easily abused...

I suggest if you can be a amount of credits to kick them something like 10,000 credits will be enough.

Blacklist is stupid too because for example if I get blacklisted from the whole community then with who will I play with?

This is just boring.

Blacklist is stupid too because for example if I get blacklisted from the whole community then with who will I play with?

This is just boring.

If you get blacklisted from the whole community... maybe you should stop trolling before that happens? Also blacklists wouldn't affect pre-made squads as far as I understand so you could join a clan if you trolled so much that everyone blacklisted you.

Kick can be easily abused...

I suggest if you can be a amount of credits to kick them something like 10,000 credits will be enough.

10K credits is nothing and people will still troll hard because you get at least 5K from a single mission run. I'm setting on well over a million credits. The only way to limit the abuse is make kicking cost plat, which is a very stupid idea.

This is just boring.

If you get blacklisted by everyone, maybe there is a reason behind it and you should start to consider *why* you are blacklisted?

And you could still be invited into groups, you just can play random games with anyone, meaning the only people you can play with are your contacts/clan. And if they dont want to play with you that would be a case of looking at what you are doing to piss people off that much.

10K credits is nothing and people will still troll hard because you get at least 5K from a single mission run. I'm setting on well over a million credits. The only way to limit the abuse is make kicking cost plat, which is a very stupid idea.

If you get blacklisted by everyone, maybe there is a reason behind it and you should start to consider *why* you are blacklisted?

And you could still be invited into groups, you just can play random games with anyone, meaning the only people you can play with are your contacts/clan. And if they dont want to play with you that would be a case of looking at what you are doing to &!$$ people off that much.

Are you stupid or do so?

Better then 1 million credits or platinum.

10,000 can't be easily abused.

That was only a example ._.

Better then 1 million credits or platinum.

10,000 can't be easily abused.

10K credits *can* be easily abused. I can easily get 10K in not even 30 minutes if I am not rushing. So if I can afford to kick every 30 minutes if I start broke I can wait until the person is right before the extraction with a bp and a few good mods and kick, *very* quickly farm up 10K, and then repeat on the next person. Especially if an alert ever pops up.

10K is just far to low to avoid any abuse by this, especially if you run a T3 void mission and get 120K from the mission. That's 12 people right there.

A blacklist avoids all of the trolling, and actually puts an end to it for the large part. You dont have to worry about people ever kicking you right before extraction and losing everything. All you have to worry about is not playing with that single person anymore.

Or run solo if you want to explore everything, the argument goes both ways.
(I'm not saying that either exploring or rushing is "bad" or not, just stating)

But if you search the forums you'll find quite a number of threads about this subject and some remarks by DE that they are aware of the situation and are thinking about potential solutions (no promises made or solutions given).

Actually I got a CM's reply hinting that they are currently working on a vote kicking feature in a message sent to me. Edited by Vondredd