Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Void Trader System

MatthewGuyson

Hello fellow Tenno

As you may or may not have noticed, Baro did not visit us last Friday. While he was on vacation, I was thinking of ways to make him less of a merchant (as he is now) and more of an actual trader. Let us begin.

First, for my system to work, we need to scrap Orokin Ducats. This is because instead of selling your prime parts in exchange for a very low amount of Ducats, you would exchange them for something equal in value

Baro would bring new and old weapons and mods and, as I said before, exchange them for items equal in value

I made a very quick and bad sketch of what the UI would look like:

ygQHoy2.png?1

I hope you liked my idea and I would love feedback from you guys!

Matthew

They are, hopefully, working on a proper token type system, so that Baro will be responsible for us getting prime parts, as well as prime mods and the like.

I hope so too, the main reason I did this was because the Ducat system is absolute trash and I want to get my money's worth of stuff

Edited by MatthewGuyson

I hope so too, the main reason I did this was because the Ducat system is absolute trash and I want to get my money's worth of stuff

So, instead of buying prime access you are farming void for blueprints and you want to get your money's worth? Ducats are worth much more than that, i would say.

Anyway, making void trader exchange prime parts for other prime parts would just break the whole concept of RNG and people wouldn't be farming only the easy stuff like sheeplets (e.g. look at Draco).

Ducats serve as trash-compactor, letting people get rid of unvanted prime blueprints that they could neither sell nor trade with anyone for anything wortwhile. You can't imagine the piles of prime parts i had to give to the kiosk the first time...

Ducats are not the problem. The problem is what we are getting in exchange for ducats and, at some points, the inequality of it.

Cosmetics, in my opinion, are fine there - you want them, you get them, you care about them, you get them every week. You don't like them, you don't get them and nobody is overpowered (in a non-fashion sense). It's simple.

The problem starts when we are getting limited edition weapons and mods that are much better than what we can get by simply farming. If some people get primed continuity or, god forbid, primed intensify, it gives them huge advantage over those, who weren't there to buy it because of numerous reasons. This, in turn, feeds people with expectations and hopes, that next week Baro will bring something better or equal in value, to even the odds a bit, but when he brings Primed Dissapointed, Salt and Pepper instead, community starts raging and crying like the little kids they are. Which, of course, makes the game less enjoyable for said people.

tl;dr Keep ducats, abolish Primed mods (or make them accessible every day) and let Void Trader trade only cosmetics and such.

The trader is a double edged sword, just like Destiny's Xur. One weekend he brings something real nice, the next it's something not so nice. Then there are those that have everything. Or maybe those that expect him to bring event and primed mods every time he shows up.

There's no way to make this system better unless...

Actually make him a void trader. He travels the void to sell his wares, right? Well YOU as the PLAYER do the exact same thing to get ducats! Give him a set inventory of all the available prime pieces in the game (excluding vaulted ones of course). Each piece has it's own price (dependent on what tower they drop from as well as the drop rate. Higher tower, lower drop rate = higher price tag). Ran out of T-whatever keys farming for your prime part? Don't have the plat to buy it in trade? Wait until Baro shows up and spend a good chunk of ducats on what you need.

Well what about the primed mods? Easy. Add a new Tower. Tower 5 Interception, Survival and Defense. How do you get the keys? Why our old pal Baro! These would be way out of his league, you know?

Ok so what the event mods and weapons? Simple. Make events more common. Maybe once a month. They don't even have to be anything major, just small events that last a couple of days that let us get those tasty mods.

Prisma weapons and cosmetics would all be available by our friend, the void trader, though they would cost much more than a single prime piece.

That's my view on it, anyway.

So, instead of buying prime access you are farming void for blueprints and you want to get your money's worth? Ducats are worth much more than that, i would say.

Anyway, making void trader exchange prime parts for other prime parts would just break the whole concept of RNG and people wouldn't be farming only the easy stuff like sheeplets (e.g. look at Draco).

Ducats serve as trash-compactor, letting people get rid of unvanted prime blueprints that they could neither sell nor trade with anyone for anything wortwhile. You can't imagine the piles of prime parts i had to give to the kiosk the first time...

Ducats are not the problem. The problem is what we are getting in exchange for ducats and, at some points, the inequality of it.

Cosmetics, in my opinion, are fine there - you want them, you get them, you care about them, you get them every week. You don't like them, you don't get them and nobody is overpowered (in a non-fashion sense). It's simple.

The problem starts when we are getting limited edition weapons and mods that are much better than what we can get by simply farming. If some people get primed continuity or, god forbid, primed intensify, it gives them huge advantage over those, who weren't there to buy it because of numerous reasons. This, in turn, feeds people with expectations and hopes, that next week Baro will bring something better or equal in value, to even the odds a bit, but when he brings Primed Dissapointed, Salt and Pepper instead, community starts raging and crying like the little kids they are. Which, of course, makes the game less enjoyable for said people.

tl;dr Keep ducats, abolish Primed mods (or make them accessible every day) and let Void Trader trade only cosmetics and such.

You may have misunderstood me, I'm saying that Baro should bring his usual items (a weapon, some mods, and a cosmetic) and that people should give him prime parts directly, and not through a currently unbalanced token system.

As for Ducats being a trash compactor, there is always the possibility to sell them for credits through the inventory tab.

The trader is a double edged sword, just like Destiny's Xur. One weekend he brings something real nice, the next it's something not so nice. Then there are those that have everything. Or maybe those that expect him to bring event and primed mods every time he shows up.

There's no way to make this system better unless...

Actually make him a void trader. He travels the void to sell his wares, right? Well YOU as the PLAYER do the exact same thing to get ducats! Give him a set inventory of all the available prime pieces in the game (excluding vaulted ones of course). Each piece has it's own price (dependent on what tower they drop from as well as the drop rate. Higher tower, lower drop rate = higher price tag). Ran out of T-whatever keys farming for your prime part? Don't have the plat to buy it in trade? Wait until Baro shows up and spend a good chunk of ducats on what you need.

Well what about the primed mods? Easy. Add a new Tower. Tower 5 Interception, Survival and Defense. How do you get the keys? Why our old pal Baro! These would be way out of his league, you know?

Ok so what the event mods and weapons? Simple. Make events more common. Maybe once a month. They don't even have to be anything major, just small events that last a couple of days that let us get those tasty mods.

Prisma weapons and cosmetics would all be available by our friend, the void trader, though they would cost much more than a single prime piece.

That's my view on it, anyway.

That would be a nice system, what I was thinking about when making this thread was a sort of equivalent exchange that wouldn't influence the game a whole lot.

Thanks for your feedback.

They are, hopefully, working on a proper token type system, so that Baro will be responsible for us getting prime parts, as well as prime mods and the like.

That was for the Sorties, and would likely be unrelated to Baro. They said it would probably be Maroo.