Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Scaling?

HummusHu

So, I cant say I'm a high level player, but I was just curious the other day, so I went back to Captain Vor to relive that first boss fight that started it all, and one shotted him with my Paris Prime. I do not think bosses were meant to be one shotted, so why don't we make them scalable to ur mastery rank? This way, higher level people can still have a nice challenge farming bosses, and not just go in and get out. 

so why don't we make them scalable to ur mastery rank?

Mastery Rank scaling is an absolute nightmare to contend with. If a Boss fights an MR1 player and an MR21 player, who are you going to scale that? Relative to MR10? That'd be too hard for one player and too easy for the other

I believe DE discussed this recently.

If my memory serves me right, DE said they might apply the Acolytes/Stalker mechanics to the bosses as well. (some bosses already have these)

I'd assume:

- diminishing results from the skills (the more of a skill you use on the boss, the less effective it becomes)

- resistance adjustments (boss will adapt its resistance to the damage type, encouraging multiple damage types and co-op)

- some form of a damage cap (can't exceed a certain amount of damage per burst)

Edited by KingTaro

I believe DE discussed this recently.

If my memory serves me right, DE said they might apply the Acolytes/Stalker mechanics to the bosses as well. (some bosses already have these)

I'd assume:

- diminishing results from the skills (the more of a skill you use on the boss, the less effective it becomes)

- resistance adjustments (boss will adapt its resistance to the damage type, encouraging multiple damage types and co-op)

- some form of a damage cap (can't exceed a certain amount of damage per burst)

increasing damage resistance is just the laziest thing to possibly do.. next to just making them invincible, no it doesnt "promote" anything, bringing worthless magnetic damage to grineer missions is worthless and boring and self gimping just because DE doesnt come up with actual gameplay mechanics, pressing F in between holding LMB isnt exactly genius-dark souls bosses level of gameplay

i want dodges, i want use of parkour slightly, vertical maps, bosses that neither favour low or high rate of favour weapons and no cheap unavoidable grabs / instant kills via hitscan by enemies AND high end bosses, needing forma'd gear, more than one "strategy" to fight a boss (think of "roles" (snipers, high RoF, melee) , but still soloable

also REALLY tightening up blocking, weapon switching, and shooting / aiming while parkour to allow above mechanics to properly flourish

They are scaling to your overall conclave

If they are, then the difference is hardly noticeable. What I'm trying to say is to have the difficulty of the boss be the same as the first time you fought the boss, no matter what MR, Conclave, Standing, or and other rank you have

If they are, then the difference is hardly noticeable. 

It's pretty noticeable if you know how to influence you. Tyl Regor spawns at level 29 or 30 when I fight him alone, but at level 45 to 50 when  Ifight him with a four player team

What I'm trying to say is to have the difficulty of the boss be the same as the first time you fought the boss, no matter what MR, Conclave, Standing, or and other rank you have

If you can find the answer to that riddle, DE will probably hire you. As it stands, scaling based on MR doesn't actually accomplish that